Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 835 of 972 FirstFirst ... 335 735 785 825 833 834 835 836 837 845 885 935 ... LastLast
Results 20,851 to 20,875 of 24294

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Sigh, I am on such an emotional roller coaster. About 2 weeks ago my dad developed a Kennedy terminal Ulcer, which is usually a sign of the dying process. Many people pass within 72 hours. Last Thursday Hospice determine it was time to call in the family for end of life, so I flew in from Austin to Lexington, and one of my sisters drove from Cleveland. We stayed at my other sister's house in Cleveland for several days. When we visited my Dad he started to "raly". He would ask for food or drink occasionally, although if you combined everything he ate in day, it would be less then a third of a single meal. He is so weak, most of the time you have to put your ear a few inches from his mouth to hear.

Since he started to become more alert and started "eating", hospice decided to upgrade him on Tuesday afternoon. On Wednesday we were unable to visit him anymore because he was no longer considered "end of life". This upset us, because if we had been told this the night before when we left him for the night, we might have said different things. We can only hope he doesn't think we have abondonded him.

My sister from Cleveland decided to go home yesterday so she could get some work done, and I decided to go with her. (partially motived by the fact my brother-in-law in Lex, is a self-absorbed douche).

So guess what, now, less then 24hours after we left he has been downgraded again. I knew this would happen. As long as we are staying in the room giving him food and drink when he asks he will be "stable". But the nurses/aids only come to his room once ever 2 hours or so to turn him. Usually he is asleep at this time. It can take him 5 to 10 minutes after waking before he really becomes alert enough to communicate. Since he as very advanced Parkinsons it is hard to hear him speak, and it is hard for him to get the words he wants to say out. Also, he is past the point were he could press the call button for aid.

So I am in limbo, I know if we visit him it will extend his life for who knows how long, and I am afraid it is going to be a yo-yo for the next several weeks. It is so hard wishing he would pass, but he has no quality of life and no hope of it ever getting better. I think he is getting ready to pass. He keeps asking when we have to go to the airport to visit his brother (his brother "lives" less then 3 hour drive away). My Uncle is also on death's bed. He had a brain bleed about a year ago, and really thought he would pass a long time ago, and he has stated he wishes he was dead. So maybe my Dad and his brother are somehow spiriitualy trying to sync their deaths?

My Sisters and I all want him to know it is ok to leave and go see our mom.

Sorry for rambling. Have so much more to get off my mind but I've burdened you all enough.
    Very sorry to hear what you and your Family are going through. Feel free to get any and all things off your mind.
    Sending positive thoughts and prayers.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Damn, what a situation. I’m so sorry you are going through this is at all, but especially during the distancing and shutdowns. Wishing you and your family the best; hoping your dad and your uncle find peace.
    This! A bad situation in the middle of a bad situation.

I'm glad to hear that you have made some kind of peace with his inevitable passing and recognize that it's not bad or wrong of you in any way to want this to be over for him. Wishing you the best these upcoming days and weeks.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Corey Taylor of Slipknot and Stone Sour is auctioning 13 of his guitars for charity.

The charity is Direct Relief. They provide supplies to medical professionals. https://www.directrelief.org/
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The best to you and yours moving forward, Mike and hopefully both your dad and uncle find peace soon. It's good to hear that you and your sisters are in this together. Death can bring out the worst in the living. I experienced that when my grandmother died several years ago with my mom and her siblings. Sounds like the brother-in-law could be a thorn.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    There's always something to learn from the past.
    This is very true. The use of plasma therapy from patients with antibodies is being used now just as it was during the Spanish Flu.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Heads up

Tor.com eBook Club is giving away The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson for one day only on Monday, May 4th!

https://www.tor.com/2020/05/01/sign-...don-sanderson/

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not something I own, but something we auctioned off in 2013:

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I’m not a big fan of an artist who wasn’t associated with the book adding a remarque, but that is awesome!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That’s beautiful. Don Maitz is great.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you to all that sent good wishes to my collector friend Larry K....I was just told he passed this morning at about 10:00. :-(

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I’m sorry to hear that David.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    I’m not a big fan of an artist who wasn’t associated with the book adding a remarque, but that is awesome!
    Stunning!

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Thank you to all that sent good wishes to my collector friend Larry K....I was just told he passed this morning at about 10:00. :-(
    Sorry for you loss, David and the family's.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

David, please accept my deepest sympathies at the loss of your friend.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

My condolences, David.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I’m so sorry, David.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, David.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you all.....what is the saying? nice guys finish last?

This is only customer that I've "stored" his collection...of all my customers...he's been buying from me for 10 years...now family members are saying the collection is theirs and when can they pick up the books? I may have to find legal counsel to advise me.....strange times.

DAW edited own post so as not to share too much info until I know more...

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

This is only customer that I've "stored" his collection...of all my customers...he's been buying from me for 10 years...now family members are saying the collection is theirs and when can they pick up the books? I may have to find legal counsel to advise me.....strange times....guy not all too friendly with family...he passed at 10am and mother calls me at 5:30pm and wants to pick up books....I find that timing COLD and heartless, plus, as I said, the legal aspect of all this....guy was disabled and I was doing him a favor (at his request) holding his items...now it looks like a headache for me.
    Hopefully he had a will designating where they should go otherwise they go to next of kin, whomever that happens to be.

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

I'm so sorry for your loss David, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and all who knew him.
    That is cold to be calling about books after something like that. It's to bad he didn't have a plan in place. Very sad that is some people first thought. I hope it all works out.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very sorry to hear David, about the passing of your old friend.
    As for the family, it seems like they were just waiting to call you
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Country
    Country Flag

This is only customer that I've "stored" his collection...of all my customers...he's been buying from me for 10 years...now family members are saying the collection is theirs and when can they pick up the books? I may have to find legal counsel to advise me.....strange times....guy not all too friendly with family...he passed at 10am and mother calls me at 5:30pm and wants to pick up books....I find that timing COLD and heartless, plus, as I said, the legal aspect of all this....guy was disabled and I was doing him a favor (at his request) holding his items...now it looks like a headache for me.
    The books should be released after probate or with no will to the next of kin.

If he had valuable assets, like a fine book collection, he likely had a will so probate would apply.

If no will, the next of kin is determined by the state law of the decedent. Succession is usually spouse > children> grandchildren> great-grandchildren > etc.. If no spouse or descendants then parents > siblings > nieces & nephews.

It sounds like the family could be a problem. Legal representation might be necessary or simply easier than dealing with the family themselves. The estate should compensate you if you need to pay an attorney.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

NO WAY. That is so cold and heartless. They must know the size of the collection maybe and think they are going to be getting $$.... that is sad
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sorry for your loss, David. 😔
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 835 of 972 FirstFirst ... 335 735 785 825 833 834 835 836 837 845 885 935 ... LastLast