Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 781 of 971 FirstFirst ... 281 681 731 771 779 780 781 782 783 791 831 881 ... LastLast
Results 19,501 to 19,525 of 24271

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    I am leaving to go to my brothers for Dorian. I have been in Florida 3 cancerous years and have evacuated for 3 major hurricanes. Matthew didn't come in my house, but destroyed my garages with major flooding and decimated my yard and the dock is still gone. Irma flooded some in the garages but not much. Now this. I have been trying desperately to go back north, job hunting, where there are no catastrophic events like this. The major debate if bigfoot truly exists versus why people want to subjugate themselves by living in Florida is something that has vexed me since I have been here. If I have to work at Subway back home, I will do so to never have to go through this ever again. Let's not forget the time it takes to pack and move and unpack and move my books.

I pray for everyone that they don't have to go through what I have been through, and for this catastrophic event coming. The Bahamas will never recovery. And guess what? There is another disturbance coming off of Africa that will be watched and talked about in about 1-2 weeks. Awesome!
    Wow, Joe. Can't believe it's been 3 years already.
    I can't believe it either. Three years and a month and it has all been negative except for a job I have that is nothing special I am using my degree with. I am hoping it translates into something, with the experience I know have, to find something in a much more enjoyable and safer weather area back home. I am now in Orlando 60 miles inland and 95% of my books are here with me. So at least that is safe. Hopefully everyone stays safe and the hurricane moves as eastern as possible. Four hurricanes in three years is an insane amount of financial damage and personal loss.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been in Florida for 22 years. Most of those without a local hurricane. It is certainly stressful and expensive when they show up though.

I'm lucky that I live in the X zone which means that my property isn't subject to flooding. I live on a barrier island less than 1000' from the beach though, so the winds are a problem.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Insurance rates must be nuts.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Insurance rates must be nuts.
    Yeah. Also, you can only buy a wind policy when it isn't hurricane season.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

But is that even covered by insurance?
    I mean... isn't that what they could call an act of god, to avoid paying?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZfJywXiRyw
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

The wind damage, including wind driven rain, is covered by a wind policy. Unless you don't have one. Flood damage is covered by a flood policy. Unless you don't have one. Other damage is covered by a normal homeowners insurance policy. Unless you don't have one. If the damage isn't covered by insurance and the area is declared a disaster zone then FEMA will help with payments, grants or loans.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

The wind damage, including wind driven rain, is covered by a wind policy. Unless you don't have one. Flood damage is covered by a flood policy. Unless you don't have one. Other damage is covered by a normal homeowners insurance policy. Unless you don't have one. If the damage isn't covered by insurance and the area is declared a disaster zone then FEMA will help with payments, grants or loans.
    Don't forget if you own a pool (not sure if this just applies to Florida) it is NOT covered in any insurance. A fence is NOT covered in any insurance. Your boat dock is NOT covered in any insurance but I heard you can get dock insurance though it's very expensive. Not worth the aggravation, financial loss, stress, and anxiety.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Country
    Country Flag

Dorian is going straight north from The Bahamas. Florida dodged a bullet. Good luck to those north of me in the path.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Is eBay seller Habanossa a member here?
    Mark Twain

My Mood
    Confused

My area was barely, barely, spared from flooding from Dorian. My parent's house was untouched. They are going to my place now. The power never went out and I was able to live view my security cameras. It is simply a miracle that nothing catastrophic happened. They will be selling their house after hurricane season and hopefully we will be selling mine as well. The season is now underway so there is still possibilities of heartache and tragedy, but the St. Augustine area got super lucky.

Country
    Country Flag

The hype was more stressful than the storm.

Halfway through hurricane season with nothing on the horizon.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    The hype was more stressful than the storm.

Halfway through hurricane season with nothing on the horizon.
    Yes, but now you have plenty of bottled water on hand.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, and now that the Bahamas have been severely damaged, our fearless leader can buy the islands from the UK at a fire (hurricane) sale price.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Oh, and now that the Bahamas have been severely damaged, our fearless leader can buy the islands from the UK at a fire (hurricane) sale price.
    Our bonkers new Prime Minister will probably let him!

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post

Holy shit i thought that was Gary Busey Hell maybe it is
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

The HOA where I live put some new parking rules in place. If a guest will be staying past midnight, they need to be safelisted. Park on the street two nights in a row, and they will tow the car. As a resident, you can get your license plate registered so that if you need to park outside for some reason, you'll be okay. Reading over the rules, I came across this line: "Resident vehicles parked in a garage do not need to be permitted." How very good of them. I don't need a permit if I'm parked in my own garage.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    The HOA where I live put some new parking rules in place. If a guest will be staying past midnight, they need to be safelisted. Park on the street two nights in a row, and they will tow the car. As a resident, you can get your license plate registered so that if you need to park outside for some reason, you'll be okay. Reading over the rules, I came across this line: "Resident vehicles parked in a garage do not need to be permitted." How very good of them. I don't need a permit if I'm parked in my own garage.
    Just have your guest park in the garage and your registered vehicle can rough it outside if there isn't room in the garage. And what if it's 11:59 pm and your guest decides to stay over a bit at the last minute? Does the head of the HOA have to be notified immediately to vet the guest
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, but there is probably also some rule about not leaving your garage door open.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Just have your guest park in the garage and your registered vehicle can rough it outside if there isn't room in the garage. And what if it's 11:59 pm and your guest decides to stay over a bit at the last minute? Does the head of the HOA have to be notified immediately to vet the guest
    That’s another thing. They won’t safelist a resident’s plate for parking outside unless you can prove you already have two cars parked in your garage. So basically, I can’t park on the street within the community for more than one night even though I live here and own the home.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, but there is probably also some rule about not leaving your garage door open.
    Probably. There’s a rule for just about everything. I was once warned for having chipped stucco on the patio wall.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

That’s another thing. They won’t safelist a resident’s plate for parking outside unless you can prove you already have two cars parked in your garage. So basically, I can’t park on the street within the community for more than one night even though I live here and own the home.
    In Texas it seems no one can fit two cars in their garage. I have a friend who can't park any cars in his garage because it is full of stuff. Also, in my neighborhood the driveways are so f'ing short that some people with big ass pickup trucks (and everybody has pickup trucks in TX, its the law), can't fit the truck on their driveway without blocking the sidewalk.

I hate HOA's. I have heard of people getting fines for leaving their garbage cans out 1 day too long in my HOA.

I got warned for a couple of weeds that were growing at the edge of the lawn/driveway. I was leaving them there so that TruGreen could see what a shitty job they were doing.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm proud to say that I have a 3 car garage that actually has 3 cars in it. Of course it helps that I have a small barn in my backyard to store all my stuff (shit) that would fill up a full space.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    In Texas it seems no one can fit two cars in their garage. I have a friend who can't park any cars in his garage because it is full of stuff. Also, in my neighborhood the driveways are so f'ing short that some people with big ass pickup trucks (and everybody has pickup trucks in TX, its the law), can't fit the truck on their driveway without blocking the sidewalk.

I hate HOA's. I have heard of people getting fines for leaving their garbage cans out 1 day too long in my HOA.

I got warned for a couple of weeds that were growing at the edge of the lawn/driveway. I was leaving them there so that TruGreen could see what a shitty job they were doing.
    Like Mr. Flagg I have a two car garage with two cars in it. So clean driveway and street in front, unlike the neighbors. So my reward? Every fucking car that wants to pull over to make a cell call, fight with the girlfriend, or roll a blunt graces the front of my house. Oh. . . And where do you think my neighbors guests park?

seeking: ANYTHING DT related #246
    Dead Zone 1st Edition F/F or NF/NF
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post

Holy shit i thought that was Gary Busey Hell maybe it is
    Haha he is very Busey-like

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A french tv channel will broadcast on monday a new documentary about Stephen King.
    In itself, it's not too bad, but the person that are interviewed are definitely not among the most specialised in King in my opinion. Stu Tinker, Gerald Winters and Mick Garris are into it, as well as some people that I wouldnt have necessarily put. Like the producer of "You cant kill stephen king", the director of Carrie 2002, the director of "Sometimes they come back", the director of "the lawnmower man"...

But their contributions are actually better than I would have thought.
    Including the contribution of the director of "the lawnmower man"... but one thing bugs me. He talks about the sueing, everything seems fair. But here is how he describes Stephen King's story : "a 7 page short story, about a sort of spiritual-supernatural man, the lawnmower man, who reeks revenge on an abusive father with a telekinetically controled lawnmower, he lawn him down in his own house "

I've quickly re-read it. Both in french and in english and... am I wrong or that description doesnt really describe Steve's story???
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

+ Reply to Thread
Page 781 of 971 FirstFirst ... 281 681 731 771 779 780 781 782 783 791 831 881 ... LastLast