Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 972 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 119 169 569 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Do Red Sox fans ever wonder "What if....?"?

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=nyy
    What if what? Dave Roberts doesn't steal second?

I wonder about that occasionally...but he always does...
    And Frazee ALWAYS sells Babe Ruth. I wonder which event historians will decide had the greater impact on the landscape of baseball? 27 Championships later....and all.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I only care about 2004...even 2007 didn't make me get off the couch to cheer.

I wasn't alive for Frazee, Ruth, so who cares...like I've said before, Yankee fans don't understand they had to win ALL the championships, so 27? 100? Does it matter? The Sox just needed one...

Ultimately, of course, it's an unwinnable argument from either side...which is fitting.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

They will have to rebuild Fenway if they let the Old Firm (Rangers & Celtic) play soccer there! In fact, they might have to rebild Boston.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

The Sox just needed one...
    I think I understand your point of view. I've been following Texas A&M football for over 50 years. First as the son of a Texas Aggie, then as a student and now as an alumnus. It has been a LONG dry spell. If they could just win ONE national championship in my lifetime I could die happily. Is that sort of what you are talking about?

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Exactly right...

Ever since the Pats and Sox and Celtics all won, I truly don't care...I feel utterly liberated from any emotional investment. I actually appreciate 1986 and 2003 much more, because I've been to the bottom before I got to the top. The 2004 victory was transcendent - it simply can't be repeated, so why would I chase the feeling?

Obviously, I'll never root for the Yankees, Lakers, Jets, Colts, etc...but it simply doesn't matter to me if they win. Last years Series was a total non-event...although I was pretty pleased to see the Saints beat the Colts...

Somebody who is 12 years old, who is just now cheering for the Sox, they might be stuck with a long dry spell...or not, who knows...but that's their problem, not mine...

If A+M won a title, that would be it for you, too....you'd probably never check the scores again.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

The Sox just needed one...
    I think I understand your point of view. I've been following Texas A&M football for over 50 years. First as the son of a Texas Aggie, then as a student and now as an alumnus. It has been a LONG dry spell. If they could just win ONE national championship in my lifetime I could die happily. Is that sort of what you are talking about?

national championship? big 12 south comes first ha ha.

as an avid/rabid Longhorn, I'm surrounded by a family of aggies....and now my girlfriend's daughter is graduating from A&M this month.
    jeeez....

but with UT and OU's star QB's gone... and jerrod johnson at the helm of the Ag's.... might be your year Bob.

at least you're not a - I despise those rude TT lubbock fans.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, go to some sports blogs, I recommend ESPN, and look at the difference in arrogance and rudeness between the TT fans and the Longhorn fans. If you look objectively, I think that you will find that it is quite the opposite to the way you are describing it. Most TT fans are pretty humble compared to your average UT fan. Also, most of them are graduates/students at their school, and not simple T-shirt, bandwagon fans with no heart.
    Sloth Love Chunk

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    Wow, go to some sports blogs, I recommend ESPN, and look at the difference in arrogance and rudeness between the TT fans and the Longhorn fans. If you look objectively, I think that you will find that it is quite the opposite to the way you are describing it. Most TT fans are pretty humble compared to your average UT fan. Also, most of them are graduates/students at their school, and not simple T-shirt, bandwagon fans with no heart.

there a difference between being proud of your team and walking with a swagger (which i areadily admit longhorn fans are guilty of)..... and the rude/ bad sportsmanship that the Tech raiders are well known for - by all their opponents..

in 35+ years of following both teams, I've yet to see any UT fans throw drinks, tortillas, food, etc. on opposing teams....which happens at every home tech game... nor have I've ever seen UT fans- like the Tech fans have... break out in fights, tear down goal posts and ram them into the opposing fans stands (sending several to the hospital)- which I think has been done twice in the past decade.

news article on tasteless fan T-shirts that condone killing dogs:
    http://www.kcbd.com/global/story.asp?s=7181314

news article on tech fan's bad sportmanship after losing to the A&M aggies:
    http://www.dailytoreador.com/news/fa...loss-1.2038339

Tech has had to make a sportsmanship campaign because the fans are so unruly:
    http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/...072707aag.html

to quote the TexasTech A.D.

"Myers clarified that the campaign is not complaining about fans but rather enforcing the right way to cheer. "We're not trying to shame our fans to stop doing something," he said. "We want to appeal to our fans to do it with class, to eliminate profanity directed at the other team for example, throwing objects on the football or basketball court."
    Myers alluded to treating the officials in a different manner.

"Even treating officials with respect, that's going to be tough," he said.
    Myers said the revised version of the school fight song needs to be eliminated and hopes to accomplish that in the future.
    "I don't know how some of our fans butcher our fight song and insert profanity into our fight song," he said. "We don't need that. We don't need that at all."
    Student Government Association President Mason Moses said the goal post fiasco in 2001 gave Tech more than just a bad image. "That event gave not just Tech students a black eye, not just the university a black eye, it gave the whole city a black eye," he said

He said the seniors and juniors will not abide by the campaign rules simply because they have been cheering the same way their whole college careers.
    Mason Shaw, a senior advertising major, said he loves the intensity of the crowd and yelling at the other team. "I wish they wouldn't pound (the campaign) into the freshman like that because it is a tradition I think," he said. "(The campaign) will roll right off my back (during the games)."

A&M has always been a huge rival of Texas... and we hate losing to them.... but i have to say, the aggies are a class act and know how to win and lose.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I was at that Aggie game, as well as every home game over the last few years. I never saw anyone acting out against aTm fans. Nor have I ever seen anything thrown on the field. I have however, been at the bar after the upset victory over Texas two years ago and witnessed MANY Texas fans challenging Tech fans to fights, and finding some takers. UT fans talk about how Tech is a classless team and how we had one fluke season and how Texas is such an awesome school and how Tech is such a crappy, second rate, school. I am a doctorate from Texas Tech University, so I am pretty biased and defensive about my alma mater. Texas will be in a rebuilding year next year, like the rest of the Big 12, but you wouldn't be able to tell by going to any sports forums. It's all about how Texas will just roll over everyone again, because they are so awesome and all.
    Sloth Love Chunk

I cannot tell you how awesome it is to read postings about a sport feud that has nothing to do with any team I care about...

Of course, I now realize how absurd I look...haha...just kidding! Keep it up!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For those on twitter, #FF:
    @liljaslibrary

:-)
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From twitter :

NotTube: Wow, Happy Town is exactly like if Stephen King wrote a tv show. Seriously it is more Stephen Kingy than actual Stephen King movies.

Original Tweet: http://twitter.com/NotTube/status/13472147602

Within the last few days i've read a few comments that were saying that.
    Also the plot i've read online, reminds me of IT...
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

My girlfriend bought herself a new laptop so she can work anytime, anywhere and wrap up her PhD thesis... and now I'm in geek/tech mode and contemplating upgrading our desktop PC to an iMac... what do you guys think?

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

DO IT!!!!!!!!!!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't do it Mac's suck.
    PC's suck, but a but less.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

buy the mac.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

No dont!!!

I dont really have an opinion, just want to propagate the argument.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Gunslinger Apprentice Cujo56 is on a distinguished road Cujo56's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Mac all the way!

Once you go Mac, you'll never go back!

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Totally true!
    Once you go mac, you never go back!!!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Keep your desktop and buy 10 Stephen King books instead!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Keep your desktop and buy 10 Stephen King books instead!
    ... so tempting...

Tell you what, if you sell me the following proofs:

1) UK Night Shift
    2) UK Dead Zone
    3-8 ) All six Green Mile installments
    9) New Lieutenant's Rap
    10) UK light blue Hearts In Atlantis

for €1099 (the price of a basic 21.5" screen iMac), I might reconsider!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    No dont!!!

I dont really have an opinion, just want to propagate the argument.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Gunslinger Apprentice woodpryan is on a distinguished road woodpryan's Avatar

Default Dark Tower Prices up lately?

Is it just me, or have the prices on all Dark Tower books (especially the first editions) gone up lately? all of them seem a little more expensive lately except the ones that are still in print. I thought I might be able to get a copy of "The Gunslinger" in a first edition from my fiance and some other members of my family (banding together for one gift), but the price of the book has gone up several hundred dollars in the last couple of months. any thoughts?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 972 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 119 169 569 ... LastLast