Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 809 of 971 FirstFirst ... 309 709 759 799 807 808 809 810 811 819 859 909 ... LastLast
Results 20,201 to 20,225 of 24268

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Jonathan - I used Photobucket at first, hated it, now only load through the galleries. Very easy, here you go:

1. Sign In

2. Click "Gallery" in the top bar (doesn't matter which page you're on, that bar is always there)

3. Now over on the right side click "Upload Photos"

4. Then …

5. Then …

That should be it, very easy and no need to host photos elsewhere.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jreitan47 View Post
    I saw a post recently about photo hosting sites but can't find it now. I have lots of new items to add to my collection thread but can't for the life of me figure out how to post to the gallery here very easily. I miss the easy way of posting them to the PhotoBucket app on my phone! Also tried DropBox but I'm not paying for that so can't seem to post from my personal album there. Tips??
    Gallery -> My Albums -> Upload Photos -> Choose file

On my phone, "Choose File" opens up my on-phone image library, and I can select one photo from it. It then uploads into that "slot"; selecting "Choose File" in each slot will upload another photo. Then click "Upload/Submit" on that page to upload them to your gallery.

There is an image size limit; I usually resize my images to 640x480-ish to keep the forum happy.

Edited to add: wow, George went above and beyond. Ignore my half-assed post and read his instead .

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

Thank you George, took me quite a while because some of the photos were large file size when trying to download from Dropbox. NOW, they are loading but most are loading side wise and I don't have a way of rotating them in options it doesn't look like here. Any idea how to fix that??
    ~Jonathan

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

And thank you HBJ! Now if I could just get them to rotate correctly when uploading....
    ~Jonathan

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you George, took me quite a while because some of the photos were large file size when trying to download from Dropbox. NOW, they are loading but most are loading side wise and I don't have a way of rotating them in options it doesn't look like here. Any idea how to fix that??
    You can edit them in the gallery. I had to rotate mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    You can edit them in the gallery. I had to rotate mine.
    Thank you..I'm slowly getting there. Took me a long time to find the edit button and rotating options here.
    ~Jonathan

Thank you guys for your help, finally got them all uploaded and posted in my collection thread.
    ~Jonathan

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I saw a post recently about photo hosting sites but can't find it now. I have lots of new items to add to my collection thread but can't for the life of me figure out how to post to the gallery here very easily. I miss the easy way of posting them to the PhotoBucket app on my phone! Also tried DropBox but I'm not paying for that so can't seem to post from my personal album there. Tips??
    Imgur is free and posts here fine. The mobile app is good as well.

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Finally watched Doctor Sleep the other night.. Really enjoyed it. Lots of tie ends to the original Kubrick movie and novel. Also a few DT references. I recommend it........I give it a 7.." Above Average Beer" lol

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by east-tennessee View Post
    Finally watched Doctor Sleep the other night.. Really enjoyed it. Lots of tie ends to the original Kubrick movie and novel. Also a few DT references. I recommend it........I give it a 7.." Above Average Beer" lol
    I totally agree except I don't like beer, so I'd have to substitute Mountain Dew (which I'm not supposed to drink any more).
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Jonathan - I used Photobucket at first, hated it, now only load through the galleries. Very easy, here you go:

1. Sign In

2. Click "Gallery" in the top bar (doesn't matter which page you're on, that bar is always there)

3. Now over on the right side click "Upload Photos"

4. Then …

5. Then …

That should be it, very easy and no need to host photos elsewhere.

Thanks for the tutorial, I've been trying to do this forever

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I just watched it the other night as well. I got the 4K blu-ray. Only watched the theatrical version. Looking forward to the directors cut, which is about 3hrs. Was really surprised at how much I liked it. Highly recommended.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Concerned about Bill. He hasn't been online for a couple of days,, and he's not answering his phone.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm PRETTY sure he uploaded something on his Facebook stories yesterday.
    Gotta check.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

His last post at Facebook was 23 hours ago.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I saw him post to FB a day or so ago.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Concerned about Bill. He hasn't been online for a couple of days,, and he's not answering his phone.
    He just posted in the field of dreams thread

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    He just posted in the field of dreams thread
    I got an email from him out of the blue last night. Seems to be normal wild Bill

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    I just watched it the other night as well. I got the 4K blu-ray. Only watched the theatrical version. Looking forward to the directors cut, which is about 3hrs. Was really surprised at how much I liked it. Highly recommended.
    Yes!!! I enjoyed it as well. My biggest problem though was that they fucked with the end needlessly. Still it went alright and they did some cool shit with the telepathic communications between characters. I'm also kinda glad they left out the "single tooth" for, Rose. I don't think that would have translated well to film,.

I've been very busy with Physical Therapy lately. If I'm not there at the gym i'm doing exercises at home trying to get acclimated to the new leg. You guys have pegged it though I have been fucking around on FB trying to organize a response to the Astro/Red Sox cheating scandal. The emails were invitations to join my new group. Trying to get enough members such that some letters/communications to the commissioners office/media might be taken seriously. I think its important that baseball do something to right the message being sent to our children by MLB. Used to be "Cheaters never win, Winners never cheat". Now, it's go ahead and cheat, they're not gonna do anything anyway. Just get the money and the bling and run. It really sucks IMHO

Nevertheless, thank you all very much for your concern!!! In the future I shall make it my business to pop in and say "Hello" regularly!!!! Sincerely, THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I forget - what was done about Bobby Thompson (shot heard round the world) and the NY Giants cheating their way to a pennant using a telescope and buzzer? You act like this is something new. There has always been cheating in all forms - NO team innocent - and always will be. Geez. It's just a game. They aren't teachers or nurses or first responders or anything of great importance. Just a bunch of entertainers. Let's quit elevating pro athletes to some kind of lofty position. Wasn't Barkley who said he wasn't a role model. I think he nailed it. It's the fans who live and die by a team and take it personally who need to have a little self examination.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    I forget - what was done about Bobby Thompson (shot heard round the world) and the NY Giants cheating their way to a pennant using a telescope and buzzer? You act like this is something new. There has always been cheating in all forms - NO team innocent - and always will be. Geez. It's just a game. They aren't teachers or nurses or first responders or anything of great importance. Just a bunch of entertainers. Let's quit elevating pro athletes to some kind of lofty position. Wasn't Barkley who said he wasn't a role model. I think he nailed it. It's the fans who live and die by a team and take it personally who need to have a little self examination.
    Whoa, pardner!!!!! First off, any sign stealing being involved in his shot has been rumor and not fact. Second, if you can grab an improperly concealed sign from 2nd base and tip the batter with a hand movement or something THAT is fair game. I've never heard anything involving a "buzzer" with regard to the Giants. Barkley is NBA and not part of this issue. The Astro's utilized sophisticated video equipment, Computers and high powered telescopic lens' in "REAL TIME" to cheat their way to the championship. Not every team cheats. If they do attempt to cheat, they should be brought to some kind of justice within the game, period. I don't know what evidence you are referring to if any.

Whether you agree or MLB like it or not, part of their marketing and entertainment appeal involves them setting an example for kids playing the game all over the world. The message they have now sent is cheating is okay as I described above. Make no mistake they will end up feeling it at the box office/TV subscriptions and apparel sales this year. Those fans that you say need self examination, are the life blood of the sport and they are PISSED!!!!

So, with all due respect, if you're not a big fan and just a casual one or no fan at all it should matter not to you what happens in baseball. By the way, we give First Responders plenty of respect in addition to their pay. That is a separate issue and not related to this cheating scandal in any way.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

" Nearly all of the surviving Giants, including Thomson, confessed to as much in 2001, Joshua Prager writes in the Wall Street Journal. The Giants had a buzzer installed in its center-field clubhouse at the Polo Grounds, their home field. The person at the telescope would watch the catcher, then push the buzzer once for fastball, twice for an off-speed pitch. It sounded in the team's right-field bullpen, where the batter would look as a player relayed the sign. " Newser and a bunch of other sources.

You don't know about cheating in baseball? Pine tar, corked bats, steroids, drugs (A-Roid for one) etc? Yeah, I know there is a difference in just "stealing" signs and cheating for signs. But treating ANY pro athlete NO matter what sport like they are heroes is wrong. Pro sports should not be what we use to teach our kids. Does demeaning other fans and name calling and hatred toward another team teach a kid anything useful?

I am a die hard BB fan who used a be an Astros season ticket holder when I had a downtown job. But it doesn't define who I am. It's just a game.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

" Nearly all of the surviving Giants, including Thomson, confessed to as much in 2001, Joshua Prager writes in the Wall Street Journal. The Giants had a buzzer installed in its center-field clubhouse at the Polo Grounds, their home field. The person at the telescope would watch the catcher, then push the buzzer once for fastball, twice for an off-speed pitch. It sounded in the team's right-field bullpen, where the batter would look as a player relayed the sign. " Newser and a bunch of other sources.

You don't know about cheating in baseball? Pine tar, corked bats, steroids, drugs (A-Roid for one) etc? Yeah, I know there is a difference in just "stealing" signs and cheating for signs. But treating ANY pro athlete NO matter what sport like they are heroes is wrong. Pro sports should not be what we use to teach our kids. Does demeaning other fans and name calling and hatred toward another team teach a kid anything useful?

I am a die hard BB fan who used a be an Astros season ticket holder when I had a downtown job. But it doesn't define who I am. It's just a game.
    For all those examples you list, people have been punished. But in the sign stealing case only a few token people were punished, and not any of the key players.

While athletes shouldn't be our "hero's" they are in fact role models whether they deny it or not.

I am not too familiar with the Thompson case, but if it wasn't proven until 2001 then too much time went by for any punishment to be meaningful. (just did a quick google search, and it was mentioned it was not against the rules at the time).

The cheating by the Astros goes beyond being bad examples. They harmed other players careers. They denied others potential championships and possible salery bonuses. They cost many gamblers money for any game the Astros won by cheating. They have violated the trust of the fans and damaged the reputation of MLB.

Bill, I'm not on FB, but if there are any petitions to be signed, let me know.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Doesn't define me either, but I'm not gonna argue with you I just don't feel like typing point to point. You're entitled to your opinion as am I. We just differ in opinion is all.

If you're an Astro fan then I feel for you cause you got cheated as well. That trophy, if they get to keep it, will be forever tainted regardless of what you or I think.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

A hearty shout-out to the much-maligned USPS. I recently sent an item overseas via Priority Express Mail. Guaranteed delivery date was within a week (5 business days). Delivered on the 4th day. Another item sent the same way and it was delivered as advertised. I sent a 3rd item (same place each time) and it got stuck in overseas Customs for 3 days. And, as a result of that delay, the item was delivered a day late.

Today I went to my Post Office hoping they'd tell me just what I needed to do to get a refund -- or if I'd even get a refund since it sat in another country's Customs office for 3 days. Not only did they tell me that I would get a refund, they filled out the form needed to process a refund and gave me a refund on the spot. There were a dozen people in line ahead of me when I arrived yet I was there less than 15 minutes.

The USPS delivers to every city in the country six days a week and does a pretty amazing job getting the work done. Do they make mistakes? Yes, they are human and there are some bad actors. But it is the best postal system in the world, bar none, and I think they do a pretty damn good job day in and day out.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 809 of 971 FirstFirst ... 309 709 759 799 807 808 809 810 811 819 859 909 ... LastLast