Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 334 of 972 FirstFirst ... 234 284 324 332 333 334 335 336 344 384 434 834 ... LastLast
Results 8,326 to 8,350 of 24289

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Sorry to hear Ralph. Hopefully you find something soon as well. What line of work are you in?
    IT Director/Consultant for Education
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by mcdonaldj View Post

No real place for this one - I recently attended the Game of Thrones season 3 premiere in Hollywood. At the after party at the Roosevelt Hotel everyone else was looking to meet the actors from the series - I went looking for the author Second chance meeting George R. R. Martin - what a great guy and awesome writer...the season premiere on the big screen with surround sound was great as well!
    Awesome!
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

How cool! I'd love to meet George Martin!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Sorry to hear Ralph. Hopefully you find something soon as well. What line of work are you in?
    IT Director/Consultant for Education
    Ralph, bdwyer19, SOrry to hear that. Hopefully, you two will have better luck than I have since December. Myself, veteran with a PhD in Physics. Finally got my PhD in December and only had nibbles here and there with some job interviews..

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Rough day today, as my company laid down the hammer this morning, and I was one of the unlucky many getting my walking papers. My last day officially is in mid-May, so at least there will be some time to get my interviewing skills refined. Still, even though I've seen this coming for several months, it's very difficult to process.
    Sorry to hear this. Keep your head up and I'm sending good thoughts your way.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

wow... what a first week... I'm back from dallas; the new job at IC Enable is going to be challenging but that'll be fun. The chip design I'll be working on is really cutting edge.... if, I stay there.

Last night a buddy of mine that works at ARM semiconductors says his boss is going to contact me on Monday to give a job offer. I've been interviewing with them for the past month... had the onsite interview over a week ago...and I didn't really feel like I interviewed that well, so I was expecting a rejection email. But apparently I interviewed better than the others.

So, gotta see what Arm offers me as opposed to IC Enable. It'll need to be substantually more $$$, since all my buddies that I've worked with the past 15 years are also at IC Enable- and IC Enable's new office is a 12 minute drive, as opposed to a 45-60 minute drive I'd have do for ARM.

almost 6 months and not a peep from the dozens of resumes/apps I've sent out... now all of a sudden I have two good jobs to choose from in a two week period...

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Terry! The world works in mysterious ways sometimes.

John

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by killbourne View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdonaldj View Post

No real place for this one - I recently attended the Game of Thrones season 3 premiere in Hollywood. At the after party at the Roosevelt Hotel everyone else was looking to meet the actors from the series - I went looking for the author Second chance meeting George R. R. Martin - what a great guy and awesome writer...the season premiere on the big screen with surround sound was great as well!
    Cant wait!! I would have wanted to meet the man as well.
    He's very nice. We talked NASCAR lol.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

It's 4.20 AM here right now, haven't slept yet and just came back from a trip to the hospital through the freezing cold - I 've been having severe belly cramps since last evening and regular painkillers didn't work. On top of that I had an intense 'Lardass Hogan' moment on the way to the hospital. I had a checkup and it's probably 'just' a stomach flu but boy, it hurts like hell! Got meds, now waiting for them to kick in. So whaddayado then? Yep, you post annoying autobiographical stories on TDT.org!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    It's 4.20 AM here right now, haven't slept yet and just came back from a trip to the hospital through the freezing cold - I 've been having severe belly cramps since last evening and regular painkillers didn't work. On top of that I had an intense 'Lardass Hogan' moment on the way to the hospital. I had a checkup and it's probably 'just' a stomach flu but boy, it hurts like hell! Got meds, now waiting for them to kick in. So whaddayado then? Yep, you post annoying autobiographical stories on TDT.org!
    Hope you get feeling better, Michaël.

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Get well Michael ... chicken soup ... mate
    We all float down here!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Hope you start feeling LOTS better soon, Michaël.

John

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you all! After the meds started working I slept from about 5 AM to just now (1.30 PM) and I feel better (but spent). I'll be all right I guess but wow, I never felt so physically miserable before...

... okay, time to get back to books!

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What was the publication date of IT(mm/dd/1986)?

Country
    Country Flag

What was the publication date of IT (mm/dd/1986)?
    Ok, found out it was published in September 1986....does anyone know the day?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

15th

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    15th
    Many thanks for confirming that date for me!

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Been super stressed out at work lately; I've had barely any time at all to think about books. However, for my birthday last week my wife got me a book & traycase kit from Hollander's, and I had a lot of fun putting it together. Everything you see here was hand folded, glued, and otherwise assembled by me. Even the book (a blank journal) is made of hand-sewn signatures. I now have a better understanding of what can make books so darned expensive sometimes. (In case you're wondering, I didn't get to pick the paper designs.)

Here is the closed tray case:

And the open traycase with book inside:

And a close-up of the hand-sewn signatures and decorative tail-band:

Now I just need to send a sample to CD so I can get on their traycase maker list

Overall, this was a fun and educational experience. I made some rookie mistakes, but most of the problems I had were Hollander's fault (boards weren't cut precisely enough, they didn't send me enough glue).

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like a job well done, Mr. Fulman!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Great Job!!!! It looks fantastic!! Now you have to write a story in it titled ECHO.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian and Ralph, sorry to hear about your layoffs. I hope you both find something new quickly.

Terry, congrats on having choices.

mcdonald, how wonderful to go hang out with GRRM.

Nice traycase, Robert Fulman.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Tonight : THE SHINING at the cinema
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I find it really annoying when you specifically request to have a book shipped in a box and it shows up wrapped in a manilla envelope.
    It certainly didn't arrive in "as new" condition...
    Mark Twain

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Family, sometimes they can be your worst nightmare.
    Christine

+ Reply to Thread
Page 334 of 972 FirstFirst ... 234 284 324 332 333 334 335 336 344 384 434 834 ... LastLast