Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 737 of 971 FirstFirst ... 237 637 687 727 735 736 737 738 739 747 787 837 ... LastLast
Results 18,401 to 18,425 of 24268

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    The New Lieutenant's Rap: - I have of couse read the shorter version in Hearts in Atlantis
    Wait - there are 2 versions of this?
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yeah I read both the Graphic Novel and short story version of "N".
    Wait - graphic novel?

(Starting to wonder where I've been).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

The one on South Lamar is my favorite but the North Lamar one is the second biggest anywhere and quite a fun store to get lost in.

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Yes, the omnibus, sorry. It's a much better value. Do you have comic book stores in town? Check the used/sale bins for the original hardcover Vol 1. I got mine for $5
    Yeah, I'm sure there are, I have been avoiding them out of fear of being sucked back into collecting them. Back in mid 90's I was subscribing to about 30-40 comics a month, until I quit cold turkey in 96. Have only bought about 3 comics since then (first 3 issues of the Gunslinger). I'll try Half-price books first (I get tempted by their comics too!)

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Yeah I read both the Graphic Novel and short story version of "N".
    Wait - graphic novel?

(Starting to wonder where I've been).
    Yep, "N." was released by Marvel
    Oh, and that wasnt released as a book, but do you know the graphic version of "The little green god of agony?"
    > https://www.stephenking.com/promo/li..._god_of_agony/

I have a french book titled "the adaptations of Stephen King" in which there is a part dedicated to the comics / graphic novel treatment of King's stories. As well as the illustrations
    My french page about it : https://club-stephenking.fr/les-adap...livre-sur-king
    The book is available on amazon ( https://www.amazon.com/adaptations-S...dp/2953848320/ ) and the ebook version is available for a small $3.5
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    The one on South Lamar is my favorite but the North Lamar one is the second biggest anywhere and quite a fun store to get lost in.

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Yes, the omnibus, sorry. It's a much better value. Do you have comic book stores in town? Check the used/sale bins for the original hardcover Vol 1. I got mine for $5
    Yeah, I'm sure there are, I have been avoiding them out of fear of being sucked back into collecting them. Back in mid 90's I was subscribing to about 30-40 comics a month, until I quit cold turkey in 96. Have only bought about 3 comics since then (first 3 issues of the Gunslinger). I'll try Half-price books first (I get tempted by their comics too!)

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Thanks Bill, Page and Josh for the good advice. I will try the one on South Lamar first as that is only a couple of miles from work, so could go there on my lunch break. Otherwise will hit the one in South Park Meadows since that is on the way home from work everyday. My friends son seemed to favor the one in San Marcos which isn't too far south of my home.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Bill, Page and Josh for the good advice. I will try the one on South Lamar first as that is only a couple of miles from work, so could go there on my lunch break. Otherwise will hit the one in South Park Meadows since that is on the way home from work everyday. My friends son seemed to favor the one in San Marcos which isn't too far south of my home.
    The one in South Park Meadows didn't have much when I lived down there but it was still a fairly new store at that point. Hopefully it's grown. San Marcos is a GREAT store. I used to spend WAY too much time there when I was going to college.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if completists will hunt this down?

From : https://twitter.com/umainecoachh/sta...901298689?s=11
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone have a snowblower they could ship me?

We woke this morning to 14.5 inches of snow (other areas of Virginia even higher).

This storm is now listed as the second highest amount ever in December for Virginia. Keep in mind, 2 inches shuts Virginia down, so you can imagine what this is like. Snow Armageddon....hahahahahaha

I owe a couple people some boxes of goodies, but our local Post isn't open. Sorry about that, but it's out of my hands. Will try again tomorrow.

Now, back to trying to shovel through a 5 foot wall of snow the plows left at the end of my driveway.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Yea Ralph. When the plow makes it worse, it really sucks. I hope you can get out of your house. That's a good deal of snow. That's even pushing a lot for up here, although we have had
    more than that at times. Good luck.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A few years ago we had snow for 36 hours straight. We are no Stranger to snow BUT this was coming down at a rate of 1.5 to 2.5 inches an hour. When it was over we had about 50 inches. About 4 feet of snow AND drifts?? Well don’t get me started. 3 years ago we got 36 inches in a day and couldn’t get out of our house for 3 days!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Man, that's a lot of snow Kris. I think the most we ever had maybe was close to 3 feet. But it hasn't snowed a lot in a while. At least not yet. We still have Jan, Feb and maybe Mar. But 50in is a lot.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Yeah, I'd rather get the other, not the snow job.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It wouldn't hurt my feelings to never see it here again. Although, having an outside job, I'd much rather work in the snow than freezing rain or sleet.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Anyone have a snowblower they could ship me?

We woke this morning to 14.5 inches of snow (other areas of Virginia even higher).

This storm is now listed as the second highest amount ever in December for Virginia. Keep in mind, 2 inches shuts Virginia down, so you can imagine what this is like. Snow Armageddon....hahahahahaha

I owe a couple people some boxes of goodies, but our local Post isn't open. Sorry about that, but it's out of my hands. Will try again tomorrow.

Now, back to trying to shovel through a 5 foot wall of snow the plows left at the end of my driveway.

Mulleins
    Man, that sucks, Ralph!!!! Good thoughts to you and Karen!!!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Good luck RALPH!! I'm one of those expecting goodies...do what you need to!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Good luck RALPH!! I'm one of those expecting goodies...do what you need to!
    Me too. As David said, do what you got to do.

Country
    Country Flag

Does anybody has a picture of the facsimile signature in the UK 700 copies Doctor Sleep limited edition?

Ta !

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Every year my wife and I do whatever we can to get toys for our local town and the kids there that need them. This will be our biggest year yet. We are blessed to be able to help the less fortunate and love to do it. My wife is unable to have children so this fills that little void on the holidays.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Kudos to you and your wife. Very few things in the world are better than putting a smile on a child's face as Christmastime.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice!!

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My family and I used to do this every year. In addition to helping kids out at Xmas time it also turned out to be a lot of fun for our kids and teach them the value of giving as well. We'd have each of the children (ours) obstensively give up one Xmas present each year, pool the money and then turn the kids loose at "Toys R Us" with us following with a calculator to keep a running tally. The kids would have a blast running around grabbing toys off the shelves and dumping them in a cart.

Later, there would be a wrapping party and then delivery to the Salvation Army, local church or whichever institution we decided to work with that year. You know, Kris now that I've seen your post and brought back the memory its probably time to restart the tradition with the grandchildren. It's a fun and learning experience and the kids receiving the gifts are certainly worthy. Thanks for posting that, Kris!!!!! There's still time to get this going this year!!!! Kudo's my friend and a very happy holiday to your family as well!!!!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's awesome gesture of you and your wife, Kris!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Fantastic job Kris!
    I believe you & your wife are living proof that the true spirit of Christmas is alive and well.
    Joyeaux Noel!

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys! We broke the 100 family barrier! It was a huge success!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Love hearing about stories like this, WB and Kris. Very kind of you both.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

+ Reply to Thread
Page 737 of 971 FirstFirst ... 237 637 687 727 735 736 737 738 739 747 787 837 ... LastLast