Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 664 of 971 FirstFirst ... 164 564 614 654 662 663 664 665 666 674 714 764 ... LastLast
Results 16,576 to 16,600 of 24268

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

In the SF Bay Area, lightning storms are somewhat rare. I snapped this with my SLR. the 2 second exposure (hand held, not a tri-pod) resulted in a bit of blur, but it still looks cool.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Am I the only one picturing Harry Potter and Voldemort on either side of that photo (flying just out of frame)?
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    In the SF Bay Area, lightning storms are somewhat rare. I snapped this with my SLR. the 2 second exposure (hand held, not a tri-pod) resulted in a bit of blur, but it still looks cool.

Nice shot! They are quite common here in the Heartland and a beauty to behold at night.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Good news; Bad news

The good news is that Hurricane Irma isn't aimed at the Atlantic coast of Florida anymore.

The bad news is that it is aimed at the gulf coast.

The bad news is that my dog was hit by a car yesterday as I prepared for the hurricane.

The good news is that he should be okay. He suffered abrasions, a fractured right "arm" and a dislocated right hip. He is not a happy camper.
    Quote Originally Posted by burial View Post
    Good to hear that everything is ok on your side, Brian.
    I hope your dog will be ok.
    Thanks, Sebastian

I believe it's already been established that hurricanes suck. Hurricane Irma struck the west coast of Florida. I'm on the east coast, so the problems here are theoretically less than on the other coast.

I never lost water. There is no boil water notice for my area. There is for much of the county.

Still no power. No power workers in the area until yesterday. There's power across the street. I have a cord running over there to a generous neighbor. I also have a generator. The generator runs on gas. Gas is $2.69 per gallon x 10 gallon tank. That's $27 to run about 6-8 hours depending on what's being powered. Power is an issue since this is Florida and it's hot as hell right now. It was 93° with 81% relative humidity where I worked today. It's a little inland from my house. (That ties a record from 1984.)

The phones stopped working. Text messages would go through eventually. Mostly it was no service. The ability to make a phone call wasn't available here for a couple three days. It was then sketchy. Data wasn't available until yesterday. My landline phone/internet service didn't work until yesterday. My provider is AT&T; your results may vary.

Mister Lucky had his first vet visit since last Friday.

He had a dislocated hip. That set in nicely, and there is no longer a sling in place. He has abrasions which are healing nicely. He is eating and drinking. He can go potty.

His right front arm (leg) is broken pretty badly; both radius and ulna broke.
    Spoiler:
    Basically folded in half.
    It won't heal with a splint. He needs surgery to install a plate.

I could use some help from anyone familiar with Go-Fund-Me or similar sites. I'm close to $1500 so far and looking at surgery.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Man, all of that sucks. If you get a fund page up and running, let us know. I'm sure we could all chip in a few bucks for Bionic Dog
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Yes, Brian please post a link to your fund when youve got it set up.
    Poor Mr Lucky!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Go Fund me Page I created for the dog's vet bills.
    Please spread via social media.

https://www.gofundme.com/help-hurric...-pay-vet-bills

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Started it off with $50

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Doggone it Brian. Chipped in some. Wishing all the best.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Chipped in and shared on fb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

Country
    Country Flag

That was awesome of you, Jerome! "We can rebuild him. We have the technology".

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Donated. My Golden Retriever recently underwent major surgery (for the second time!) so I know, how you feel Br!an. Hope you meet your target on the Vet bills.

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    That was awesome of you, Jerome! "We can rebuild him. We have the technology".
    Yes!
    Thanks, RF.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks to everyone for their comments and donations!

Lucky is doing pretty well. His hip is healing. His abrasions are healing. He's in pretty good spirits. He's just about got the three-legs-and-a-club walk down pat.

"One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Good news; Bad news

The good news is that Hurricane Irma isn't aimed at the Atlantic coast of Florida anymore.

The bad news is that my dog was hit by a car yesterday as I prepared for the hurricane.

The good news is that he should be okay. He suffered abrasions, a fractured right "arm" and a dislocated right hip. He is not a happy camper.
    I have been out of commission because of the hurricane. Hurricane Matthew decimated everything around my house except my house. I got 21 and 28 inches respectively in my garages from Matthew. 9 months of killing myself later, fucking Irma rolls around. I am in St Augustine and this time nothing again to the house, 4 inches in the house garage and 10 inches in the lower separate one. Needless to say more hurricane damage?! Plus the pool I loath has more crap and shit in it again. Brian, as I would love to help you out, I am also in a dark place. I am glad your dog got the help it deserved.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Good news; Bad news

I have been out of commission because of the hurricane. Hurricane Matthew decimated everything around my house except my house. I got 21 and 28 inches respectively in my garages from Matthew. 9 months of killing myself later, fucking Irma rolls around. I am in St Augustine and this time nothing again to the house, 4 inches in the house garage and 10 inches in the lower separate one. Needless to say more hurricane damage?! Plus the pool I loath has more crap and shit in it again. Brian, as I would love to help you out, I am also in a dark place. I am glad your dog got the help it deserved.
    I wish I was in a position to help you out.

Even if people are in no position to help out financially, a little goodmind and perhaps sharing the link helps too.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

He certainly looks happy in his Radio Flyer Dogs are a resilient lot.

Very sorry to hear, Joe. I know you aren't the biggest fan of FL. Best of luck to you as well in your recovery efforts.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brian and Joe and any other DT member affected by the hurricane, my thoughts are with you. There's lots of news of it here in Australia, and it looks frikin awful.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Brian and Joe and any other DT member affected by the hurricane, my thoughts are with you. There's lots of news of it here in Australia, and it looks frikin awful.
    Thanks! I had to pack up my books and had 13 Rubbermaid totes. Some were left on the counters in the house and most went in my truck in bags to the place we stayed and hid at. I do not want to pack up again unless it is to move. After building up my resume, I will not, cannot live like this. I have the option to go back home, and I will. In the meantime though, I had my brother and father come over and we knocked out all the debris. Now I have a large black racer snake in the damn kitchen under the cabinets. Harmless, but still nerve racking as I have a small dog. I have set a trap just now lol.

Not to start an argument about global warming if it is real or not. Changes regardless are happening whether it is just the time or human fault. I have plead with the family to sell their properties on salt water and move more inland, or back home. After hurricane season, and after we get this place fixed up, I am hoping they listen. Spending 9 months doing hurricane damage and now another several more months, this is no way to live wasting time on something like this. What people see on TV is not the same as seeing it first hand. I got lucky-ish this time around, but not Matthew. And those poor people in Houston got super screwed. And do not forget Jacksonville got killed, killed, from this hurricane Irma.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I had NO idea it would flood here. This house has been through all the hurricanes since the 50's - Carla, Alicia, Ike - and not even close. Texas New Mexico Power sucks - it took 25 days after Ike to get power back. So when the power went out at 1 am I decided I better go get a Dr Pepper while they were still cold (The power had gone out for 19 hrs - back on for 12 - then 4 or 5 days without.) I looked out the window and saw water up to my door! So I headed to the study and pulled all the King stuff and other from the bottom shelves of the bookcases. Then all the books in the living room - tons of Easton Press on those lower shelves - and put as many cardboard boxes of books I had packed and were sitting on the floor up on furniture and everywhere else I could. I still lost tons of books and magazines - but only a few I will replace. I learned a couple of things. Bubble bags which are not taped up leak - a loss of a whole box of Stephenson; those taped pretty much waterproof - a loss of one GRRM out of about eight in a box. And flood insurance will only pay up to 2500.00 for "rare" books and art, which I lost a lot of. I also found out that my beloved 93 Crown Vic with less than 50k miles got flooded - I thought it was ok having been the garage. Will have to see what a mechanic says but that was really the one item that just crushed me. At least the truck made it ok.

All told, it is just stuff. The floors and sheetrock can be replaced. I had to chuck four bookcases - and I think I'd rather sell or donate books rather than replace them. I now know which books are more important to me and which ones are just show or filler. I had stuff I didn't even know I had - everyone has been talking A Boy's Life lately and I found 1st/1st hiding in the guest room. I started out collecting just King and Rice and it may just be time to go back to collecting just a few authors. My poor nephew who pretty much hauled all the junk to the curb thinks they should all be sold!

Country
    Country Flag

Wow! That is rough!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I've lowered the goal to $1,500.

The vet bills will be much more than that; but as a group $1,500 is achievable.

Not good at social media, but any and all members that are, please help get the word out.

PLEASE

Country
    Country Flag

I've lowered the goal to $1,500.

The vet bills will be much more than that; but as a group $1,500 is achievable.

Not good at social media, but any and all members that are, please help get the word out.

PLEASE
    Just out of curiosity; is it possible to break the goal as long as the campaign is active?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes (I think). It would be great to find out.

Country
    Country Flag

Yes (I think). It would be great to find out.
    Agreed!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 664 of 971 FirstFirst ... 164 564 614 654 662 663 664 665 666 674 714 764 ... LastLast