Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 709 of 971 FirstFirst ... 209 609 659 699 707 708 709 710 711 719 759 809 ... LastLast
Results 17,701 to 17,725 of 24268

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Lol today’s a big day, guys. I’m honored to report I’ve just received my first negative reputation point. Thanks to whoever made that anonymous contribution! Hmmm gee I wonder who it could’ve been.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Dammit. Please tell me political discussions are prohibited on TDT.
    I know, right? I come here to be a part of the spirit of friendship and community in our DT group and to get far away from politics.

Mulleins
    There's a General Political Discussion thread.

I don't think Webstar's question was necessarily political. As a Canadian, I too, am curious how American's perceive what Trump said.
    Yes, that was my intent. Wanted to see what my friends in he US thought of it.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    I picked 'Z' for IN MINT CONDITION, but in all other purchases relied on chance.

I have now added Robert De Niro's name right under Meryl Streep's, as actors whose movies I will never go to see again.
    He was trying to make himself relevant again with his rant. I just looked at IMDB... he hasn’t had a decent movie in close to 20 years.
    I thought THE FAMILY was pretty spiffy.
    Don’t forget Machete!
    I thought his last good film was Analyze This, but mainly because of Billy Crystal.. all the way back to 1999. Just never been a fan. As for his politics, who cares!! So long as actors keep their politics off screen and musicians don’t rant during a concert, their political thoughts mean nothing to me.
    I loved Analyze This, and I agree Billy Crystal was the one to watch. And I agree with actors sticking to acting.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Heat was pretty damn good IMO. But who doesn't love Pacino....
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Heat was pretty damn good IMO. But who doesn't love Pacino....
    Ha! I almost mentioned that before. I consider De Niro and Pacino to be the same person because their roles are always so similar. I don’t like either of them!!!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

When U/M was publishing the Jack Vance books, I always asked Chuck Miller for an 'A' on the lettered editions, but they seem to have been reserved up to 'D'. So most of mine are 'E'. Of the ones I managed to purchase directly from him.

Just a random thought - I think Mr. De Niro is a great actor. I loved RONIN, GODFATHER 2, RAGING BULL, GOODFELLAS, TAXI DRIVER, THE KING OF COMEDY, THE DEER HUNTER, etc. But lately, he seems to have become very crass, foul-mouthed and just, well, not someone I'd want to go to church with (if I went to church, that is). I almost walked out of THE COMEDIAN, I could not believe the filth coming out of his mouth. I like jokes, but these were in such godawful poor taste I was cringing. Most of the movies listed as comedies these days affect me in the same way, so I skip them. Bottom line, it's just a matter of personal taste. I love PINEAPPLE EXPRESS, which sorta kinda fits in there, so I can't rationally explain it. But if we were all rational, this would be Utopia, wouldn't it?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I know, right? I come here to be a part of the spirit of friendship and community in our DT group and to get far away from politics.

Mulleins

I don't think Webstar's question was necessarily political. As a Canadian, I too, am curious how American's perceive what Trump said.
    Without getting too political, it really depends on who you ask. Some people will ignore or defend what he said. Some people with play the what-about game and try to compare it to things other people have said. Some people will say that it's horrible and they can't believe he said it.

Honestly, I try not to let actor's personal and political views or beliefs affect whether or not I watch their movies/TV shows or read their books, etc...
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Chatty

When U/M was publishing the Jack Vance books, I always asked Chuck Miller for an 'A' on the lettered editions, but they seem to have been reserved up to 'D'. So most of mine are 'E'. Of the ones I managed to purchase directly from him.

Just a random thought - I think Mr. De Niro is a great actor. I loved RONIN, GODFATHER 2, RAGING BULL, GOODFELLAS, TAXI DRIVER, THE KING OF COMEDY, THE DEER HUNTER, etc. But lately, he seems to have become very crass, foul-mouthed and just, well, not someone I'd want to go to church with (if I went to church, that is). I almost walked out of THE COMEDIAN, I could not believe the filth coming out of his mouth. I like jokes, but these were in such godawful poor taste I was cringing. Most of the movies listed as comedies these days affect me in the same way, so I skip them. Bottom line, it's just a matter of personal taste. I love PINEAPPLE EXPRESS, which sorta kinda fits in there, so I can't rationally explain it. But if we were all rational, this would be Utopia, wouldn't it?
    I see. I guess it’s moot for me when it comes to letters, being so late to the game. Goes for numbers too really. If I branch out to other less popular authors, maybe I could focus on a number. I don’t know, just seems like another layer of fun (and stress haha).

I loved Pineapple Express, too. Last good Seth Rogan comedy imo. Did you see Bad Grandpa? That was the first and only time De Niro made me really cringe. I’ll skip The Comedian now, though.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=Father Cody;1111993]
    When U/M was publishing the Jack Vance books, I always asked Chuck Miller for an 'A' on the lettered editions
    Said he, casually. So, whereabouts in Michigan are you? Hamtramck? Ypsi? Ann Arbor? Asking for a friend.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I see. I guess it’s moot for me when it comes to letters, being so late to the game. Goes for numbers too really. If I branch out to other less popular authors, maybe I could focus on a number. I don’t know, just seems like another layer of fun (and stress haha).

I loved Pineapple Express, too. Last good Seth Rogan comedy imo. Did you see Bad Grandpa? That was the first and only time De Niro made me really cringe. I’ll skip The Comedian now, though.
    Let's see. If I was standing at a fork in the road in sure danger of being run down by an out of control 18 wheeler, and I had to either go right, where fanged, slavering aliens from Planet X who lusted after my severed head, with which they were planning on doing obscene, unspeakable acts upon while using their advanced (EVIL) technology to keep my brain and noggin alive throughout the entire despicable process, waited for me; or right, where I'd have to go into a theater to view BAD GRAMPA, I'd hesitate.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

My Mood
    Chatty

Just saw this on one of the Facebook groups:

“Brodart is having a 20% off consumable supplies (which includes Book Jacket covers) sale until 6/24. Use coupon code WEB20 at checkout. There does not appear to be a minimum amount for the coupon to apply. Go to shopbrodart.com”

I didn't know until today that you could receive a negative reputation comment. Makes no sense to me at all. But I proudly got one from somebody. Where can I cash it in?

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Factoid #97: Robert DeNiro and Al Pacino are two of the greatest actors the world has seen.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Factoid #97: Robert DeNiro and Al Pacino are two of the greatest actors the world has seen.
    I would agree with this statement

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    I would agree with this statement
    I love him in Mean Streets, a film that doesn't get enough recognition IMHO.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't know until today that you could receive a negative reputation comment. Makes no sense to me at all. But I proudly got one from somebody. Where can I cash it in?
    Any member who receives a non-attributed negative reputation is entitled to a once-in-a-lifetime* DT.ORG bookmark. Postage is the responsibility of the member**.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Al Pacino’s finest role, at least according to the short lived The Critic

https://youtu.be/m4nwhq1JARA

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Any member who receives a non-attributed negative reputation is entitled to a once-in-a-lifetime* DT.ORG bookmark. Postage is the responsibility of the member**.

Will you add a personalized inscription on mine, RF?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Will you add a personalized inscription on mine, RF?

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Mulleins

There is a General Political Discussion thread, and this is the beginning of this discussion on that thread. We do generally like to keep the political discussion on that thread. That way it's your own choice if you chose to participate.

That said...

Partisans will act as partisans. If a person is a Trump supporter at this point, after all of the heinous things he's done and is, there is probably nothing he could do to make them stop supporting him. Most Democrats will oppose anything Trump does or says simply because Hillary isn't President, and they are all butt-hurt about it, even though it's their own fault.

I'm sorry, it isn't Trump or Hillary's fault, we should all blame the Russians, or better yet, blame Canada! They're not even a real country anyway!

Others, if they are intelligent and informed, are not happy with Trump's course of action. I haven't seen a single foreign government leader, a single economist or a single businessman come out in support of Trump's tariffs. It's causing nothing but problems and raising prices.

He simply has no idea what he's doing. It's either that, or he's an evil genius as well as a stable one.

I can't get steel to build a room in a commercial building (I'll get it 3-4 weeks from now) because the big corporations that use steel have all recently purchased several years worth of steel as a hedge against price increases. That action itself is driving up prices. They all expect huge price increases as tariffs start coming into effect. A local builder, who builds ~20 houses a year, bought enough steel packages for 100 houses. So the result of the threat of tariffs is price inflation before the tariffs even take effect.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

Mulleins

There is a General Political Discussion thread, and this is the beginning of this discussion on that thread. We do generally like to keep the political discussion on that thread. That way it's your own choice if you chose to participate.

That said...

Partisans will act as partisans. If a person is a Trump supporter at this point, after all of the heinous things he's done and is, there is probably nothing he could do to make them stop supporting him. Most Democrats will oppose anything Trump does or says simply because Hillary isn't President, and they are all butt-hurt about it, even though it's their own fault. I'm sorry, it isn't Trump or Hillary's fault, we should all blame the Russians, or better yet, blame Canada! They're not even a real country anyway!

Others, if they are intelligent and informed, are not happy with Trump's course of action. I haven't seen a single foreign government leader, a single economist or a single businessman come out in support of Trump's tariffs. It's causing nothing but problems and raising prices.

He simply has no idea what he's doing. It's either that, or he's an evil genius as well as a stable one.

I can't get steel to build a room in a commercial building (I'll get it 3-4 weeks from now) because the big corporations that use steel have all recently purchased several years worth of steel as a hedge against price increases. That action itself is driving up prices. They all expect huge price increases as tariffs start coming into effect. A local builder, who builds ~20 houses a year, bought enough steel packages for 100 houses. So the result of the threat of tariffs is price inflation before the tariffs even take effect.
    Thanks Brian for the response. It was well written other than we are not a real country crack! Lol no in all seriousness I agree with you... still can’t make heads or tails of it...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

"Others, if they are intelligent and informed, are not happy with Trump's course of action".

That's a bold statement and typical from the left. They believe they are the only ones able to read. I don't love Trump, but I don't like the alternatives either. Be that as it may, we have to take stock in a couple of years. Barack was no prize either and neither he or Hilary managed to get that lunatic in N. Korea to the table whatever comes of it.

I think one axiom most people forget (especially the media) is that in general it takes 4 years after a President leaves office to determine what if anything he accomplished. People still blame, Bush for '08 fall when it fact it was generated by, Mr. Clinton in the late 90's.

Anyway, you're right. This is not the thread to get into this stuff. How 'bout them Yankees????????

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Thanks Brian for the response. It was well written other than we are not a real country crack! Lol no in all seriousness I agree with you... still can’t make heads or tails of it...
    I don't agree with the "not a real country" crack myself. It was in the SP video. I was attempting to be sarcastic and humorous. That is an attitude taken by many US citizens though. We're the only reason that you aren't being attacked by Russia or China or whomever.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

I don't agree with the "not a real country" crack myself. It was in the SP video. I was attempting to be sarcastic and humorous. That is an attitude taken by many US citizens though. We're the only reason that you aren't being attacked by Russia or China or whomever.
    Yeah I knew you were kidding on that. Haha and we are such a nice people.. why would anyone want to attach us? Haha and we have good beer and hockey. Don’t forget that. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

All we get from Canada is hockey players, a weird bacon and comedians!!! lol j/k lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 709 of 971 FirstFirst ... 209 609 659 699 707 708 709 710 711 719 759 809 ... LastLast