+ Reply to Thread
Page 710 of 731 FirstFirst ... 210 610 660 700 708 709 710 711 712 720 ... LastLast
Results 17,726 to 17,750 of 18256

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Dammit. Please tell me political discussions are prohibited on TDT.
    I know, right? I come here to be a part of the spirit of friendship and community in our DT group and to get far away from politics.

Mulleins
    There's a General Political Discussion thread.

I don't think Webstar's question was necessarily political. As a Canadian, I too, am curious how American's perceive what Trump said.
    There is a General Political Discussion thread, and this is the beginning of this discussion on that thread. We do generally like to keep the political discussion on that thread. That way it's your own choice if you chose to participate.

That said...

Partisans will act as partisans. If a person is a Trump supporter at this point, after all of the heinous things he's done and is, there is probably nothing he could do to make them stop supporting him. Most Democrats will oppose anything Trump does or says simply because Hillary isn't President, and they are all butt-hurt about it, even though it's their own fault.

I'm sorry, it isn't Trump or Hillary's fault, we should all blame the Russians, or better yet, blame Canada! They're not even a real country anyway!

Others, if they are intelligent and informed, are not happy with Trump's course of action. I haven't seen a single foreign government leader, a single economist or a single businessman come out in support of Trump's tariffs. It's causing nothing but problems and raising prices.

He simply has no idea what he's doing. It's either that, or he's an evil genius as well as a stable one.

I can't get steel to build a room in a commercial building (I'll get it 3-4 weeks from now) because the big corporations that use steel have all recently purchased several years worth of steel as a hedge against price increases. That action itself is driving up prices. They all expect huge price increases as tariffs start coming into effect. A local builder, who builds ~20 houses a year, bought enough steel packages for 100 houses. So the result of the threat of tariffs is price inflation before the tariffs even take effect.
    ďIt is easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.Ē
    Mark Twain

Goldmember webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Dammit. Please tell me political discussions are prohibited on TDT.
    I know, right? I come here to be a part of the spirit of friendship and community in our DT group and to get far away from politics.

Mulleins
    There's a General Political Discussion thread.

I don't think Webstar's question was necessarily political. As a Canadian, I too, am curious how American's perceive what Trump said.
    There is a General Political Discussion thread, and this is the beginning of this discussion on that thread. We do generally like to keep the political discussion on that thread. That way it's your own choice if you chose to participate.

That said...

Partisans will act as partisans. If a person is a Trump supporter at this point, after all of the heinous things he's done and is, there is probably nothing he could do to make them stop supporting him. Most Democrats will oppose anything Trump does or says simply because Hillary isn't President, and they are all butt-hurt about it, even though it's their own fault. I'm sorry, it isn't Trump or Hillary's fault, we should all blame the Russians, or better yet, blame Canada! They're not even a real country anyway!

Others, if they are intelligent and informed, are not happy with Trump's course of action. I haven't seen a single foreign government leader, a single economist or a single businessman come out in support of Trump's tariffs. It's causing nothing but problems and raising prices.

He simply has no idea what he's doing. It's either that, or he's an evil genius as well as a stable one.

I can't get steel to build a room in a commercial building (I'll get it 3-4 weeks from now) because the big corporations that use steel have all recently purchased several years worth of steel as a hedge against price increases. That action itself is driving up prices. They all expect huge price increases as tariffs start coming into effect. A local builder, who builds ~20 houses a year, bought enough steel packages for 100 houses. So the result of the threat of tariffs is price inflation before the tariffs even take effect.
    Thanks Brian for the response. It was well written other than we are not a real country crack! Lol no in all seriousness I agree with you... still canít make heads or tails of it...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

The Man Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag

"Others, if they are intelligent and informed, are not happy with Trump's course of action".

That's a bold statement and typical from the left. They believe they are the only ones able to read. I don't love Trump, but I don't like the alternatives either. Be that as it may, we have to take stock in a couple of years. Barack was no prize either and neither he or Hilary managed to get that lunatic in N. Korea to the table whatever comes of it.

I think one axiom most people forget (especially the media) is that in general it takes 4 years after a President leaves office to determine what if anything he accomplished. People still blame, Bush for '08 fall when it fact it was generated by, Mr. Clinton in the late 90's.

Anyway, you're right. This is not the thread to get into this stuff. How 'bout them Yankees????????

The Evil Empire!!!

"Dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy" - Josey Wales
    Hail to the King, Baby!!!! - Ash

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Thanks Brian for the response. It was well written other than we are not a real country crack! Lol no in all seriousness I agree with you... still canít make heads or tails of it...
    I don't agree with the "not a real country" crack myself. It was in the SP video. I was attempting to be sarcastic and humorous. That is an attitude taken by many US citizens though. We're the only reason that you aren't being attacked by Russia or China or whomever.
    Mark Twain

Goldmember webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't agree with the "not a real country" crack myself. It was in the SP video. I was attempting to be sarcastic and humorous. That is an attitude taken by many US citizens though. We're the only reason that you aren't being attacked by Russia or China or whomever.
    Yeah I knew you were kidding on that. Haha and we are such a nice people.. why would anyone want to attach us? Haha and we have good beer and hockey. Donít forget that. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

The Man Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag

All we get from Canada is hockey players, a weird bacon and comedians!!! lol j/k lol
    The Evil Empire!!!

Servant of Gan HONKYTONKSMASH is a splendid one to behold HONKYTONKSMASH is a splendid one to behold HONKYTONKSMASH is a splendid one to behold HONKYTONKSMASH is a splendid one to behold HONKYTONKSMASH is a splendid one to behold HONKYTONKSMASH is a splendid one to behold HONKYTONKSMASH is a splendid one to behold HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah I knew you were kidding on that. Haha and we are such a nice people.. why would anyone want to attach us? Haha and we have good beer and hockey. Donít forget that. Lol

Canada also gave us....

My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post

Canada also gave us....

Drink mixers? lol
    The Evil Empire!!!

Can Toi Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

8 years old!

Demon of the Prim Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack's Avatar

If I'm buying volumes in a set from the publisher direct, I almost always ask for matching numbers/letters. I don't always *get* them, mind, but I ask .

If I'm buying on the secondary market, I expect to get whatever number/letter I get. I keep an eye out for matches when I remember to, but I have never found a match.

HBJ

Can Toi Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    If I'm buying volumes in a set from the publisher direct, I almost always ask for matching numbers/letters. I don't always *get* them, mind, but I ask .

If I'm buying on the secondary market, I expect to get whatever number/letter I get. I keep an eye out for matches when I remember to, but I have never found a match.

HBJ
    I collect a specific number for King and one time a British publisher sent me the number I collect without me asking. I thought I was hallucinating when I opened the book. I had intended to sell it as I was sure I wouldn't get my number but I did. That'll never happen again but man, it was a collector's rush for sure!

I collect a specific number for King just because it makes the game a bit more fun for me. I can pass easily on books and items that are not my number but when I do find something with my number, I MUST have it. It's fun to me.

Demon of the Prim Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    8 years old!

Man, she rocks. Really getting into the music, too.

Goldmember herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wanted to send some ereputations, but it tells me that I must "spread" some before giving some away.
    That doesnt make sense, does it? I must give some before being able to give some?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter

My Mood
    Dead

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I wanted to send some ereputations, but it tells me that I must "spread" some before giving some away.
    That doesnt make sense, does it? I must give some before being able to give some?
    It means you have to give reputation to some different people before giving it to the same person again. I'm not sure how many people but it's more than a few.

Goldmember herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So that means that I did already give erep points to that same person and therefore I cannot send this person some more points, before I send to some others?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter

Rabid Billybumbler peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    8 years old!

Man, she rocks. Really getting into the music, too.
    #PARENTINGGOALS...

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

That's fantastic. Made me smile

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

My Mood
    Dead

So that means that I did already give erep points to that same person and therefore I cannot send this person some more points, before I send to some others?
    Correct.

Correct.
    Here is what RF had to say on the matter...

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    What are the rules regarding positive/negative feedback? I keep on getting the message that I'm not spreading it around enough. How many times or to how many people does it need to be spread to before I can just give someone a little positive rep on the side?
    The numbers can be changed, but the current settings are:

• Daily Reputation Clicks Limit
      How many reputation clicks can a user give over each 24 hour period? Administrators are exempt from this limit: 10
    • Reputation User Spread
      How many different users must you give reputation to before you can hit the same person again? Administrators are exempt from this limit: 20
    Mark Twain

Servant of Gan St. Troy is a splendid one to behold St. Troy is a splendid one to behold St. Troy is a splendid one to behold St. Troy is a splendid one to behold St. Troy is a splendid one to behold St. Troy is a splendid one to behold St. Troy is a splendid one to behold St. Troy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

...with socks on.
    The media monkeys and the junket junkies will invite you to their plastic pantomime...throw their invites away.

Manni Folken Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Heat was pretty damn good IMO. But who doesn't love Pacino....
    Ha! I almost mentioned that before. I consider De Niro and Pacino to be the same person because their roles are always so similar. I donít like either of them!!!

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Factoid #97: Robert DeNiro and Al Pacino are two of the greatest actors the world has seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I didn't know until today that you could receive a negative reputation comment. Makes no sense to me at all. But I proudly got one from somebody. Where can I cash it in?
    Any member who receives a non-attributed negative reputation is entitled to a once-in-a-lifetime* DT.ORG bookmark. Postage is the responsibility of the member**.

Will you add a personalized inscription on mine, RF?

"Any area of collecting only becomes really worth it when shared with like minded people"-Alec aka Anonymous

Gunslinger Apprentice jeffingoff is just really nice jeffingoff is just really nice jeffingoff is just really nice jeffingoff is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone know an admin on the Stephen King Constant Reader's Fan Club on Facebook? I got bounced and blocked from the group and I really have no idea why. I was hoping someone could smuggle me an answer or give me a contact so I can at least find out what I did. Maybe I have a hidden identity who goes on Facebook and spews vile things. It bums me out. That group was one of two reasons I even have a Facebook account.

Any help would be appreciated.

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like there is only 1 admin : https://www.facebook.com/denise.harr...location=group

Gunslinger Apprentice jeffingoff is just really nice jeffingoff is just really nice jeffingoff is just really nice jeffingoff is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you! I'll drop her a very polite note. If I can't get back in, then maybe I can know why.

Country
    Country Flag

No problems. Otherwise, frankly there are a ton of other King facebook groups, so...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 710 of 731 FirstFirst ... 210 610 660 700 708 709 710 711 712 720 ... LastLast