Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 791 of 971 FirstFirst ... 291 691 741 781 789 790 791 792 793 801 841 891 ... LastLast
Results 19,751 to 19,775 of 24268

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

... and now Tanaka is getting roughed up!

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Savages in the box but not in the mound

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Astros vs Nats.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Savages in the box but not in the mound
    Woe Joe... keep it clean.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Redemption.

Yankees take advantage of Verlander early (1st inning), give up only one run (1st inning) themselves, and persevere to allow us the pleasure of a game 6. Good luck Bill.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Redemption.

Yankees take advantage of Verlander early (1st inning), give up only one run (1st inning) themselves, and persevere to allow us the pleasure of a game 6. Good luck Bill.

What he said plus, Paxton Rocks!!!! Should be an interesting game today. Bullpen game I believe. Green vs Peacock to get things rolling. it would be fun all around to have a slug fest and see who comes out on top in the end.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

"The Machine" (D.J. LaMahiue) hits a 2 run blast to tie it up in the top of the 9th!!!!!!

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    "The Machine" (D.J. LaMahiue) hits a 2 run blast to tie it up in the top of the 9th!!!!!!

Sorry 'bout Cha Bill

Big day for Texas all around

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Fucking Altuve!!! I HATE that guy!!!

Spoiler:
    Almost as much as I hate that fucking air head, Joe Buck!!! I swear its almost a relief not to have to listen to his inane, useless chatter anymore. I had to turn the sound off in the 4th inning!!! lol

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry Bill....but I am a closet Red Sox fan, so ANYTIME Yankees get beat I'm a happier camper...Nats vs. Astros in WS....I'm liking that! Won't watch a single pitch, but like it on principle.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Sorry Bill....but I am a closet Red Sox fan, so ANYTIME Yankees get beat I'm a happier camper...Nats vs. Astros in WS....I'm liking that! Won't watch a single pitch, but like it on principle.
    That's ashamed. If you're a fan of the game; I believe it's going to be a great series.

I didn't realize that the Yankees hadn't been to the big show in 10 years. Much better than my Braves but still surprising.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Almost as much as I hate that fucking air head, Joe Buck!!! I swear its almost a relief not to have to listen to his inane, useless chatter anymore. I had to turn the sound off in the 4th inning!!! lol
    Couldn't stand Joe's father Jack.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post

Spoiler:
    Couldn't stand Joe's father Jack.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

For some strange reason, Amazon declined to post my review of the latest LP/CD sets I received from them. So I'll post it here, if no one minds. This was for STP's special edition of PURPLE and STORMWATCH.

Beware packaging!

I have not listened to this yet. This review is about Amazon's packaging, or rather, total lack of it. This, along with Jethro Tull's new STORMWATCH remastered set, was sent, WITH NO PROTECTION WHATSOEVER, in a large box, in which I could hear them sliding around as soon as the mail lady handed it to me. Some corners of both sets suffered minor damage. It's remarkable they were not seriously beat up. I paid $105.50 for these two sets and expected at least a wadded up newspaper or something to protect the product. Please, get your act together Amazon packagers, and try to put a modicum of customer satisfaction ahead of profit sometimes! And I know, from experience, that if I sent the STP set back for exchange, I'd receive either the SAME ONE, or a similarly or worse condition one in return.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    For some strange reason, Amazon declined to post my review of the latest LP/CD sets I received from them. So I'll post it here, if no one minds. This was for STP's special edition of PURPLE and STORMWATCH.

Beware packaging!

I have not listened to this yet. This review is about Amazon's packaging, or rather, total lack of it. This, along with Jethro Tull's new STORMWATCH remastered set, was sent, WITH NO PROTECTION WHATSOEVER, in a large box, in which I could hear them sliding around as soon as the mail lady handed it to me. Some corners of both sets suffered minor damage. It's remarkable they were not seriously beat up. I paid $105.50 for these two sets and expected at least a wadded up newspaper or something to protect the product. Please, get your act together Amazon packagers, and try to put a modicum of customer satisfaction ahead of profit sometimes! And I know, from experience, that if I sent the STP set back for exchange, I'd receive either the SAME ONE, or a similarly or worse condition one in return.
    I go through this with books from them all the time!

My (unasked) advice: start the return process, express your displeasure with the packaging, and request a replacement. They'll ship the replacement immediately, but you have usually a month or more to send your items back. When the replacement items arrive, keep the best of each copy and send back the others. It's annoying, but it's zero risk, as you can always return both packages for a full refund, and they have made the return process super easy. You don't even have to box the books back up, you can take them to a UPS store and they'll scan your return code and do all the packaging. Though sometimes I just put the books right back in the no-packing-material boxes to make a (probably unnoticed) point.

They've definitely gotten worse over the years in a number of regards, but they've always been very low risk. I've never not been able to get my money back, as long as I do everything within the ample return window...

However, I feel your pain. It's incredibly frustrating when all you want is new item to arrive in "new" condition, and they've somehow made that a difficult thing to do!

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Beware packaging!

I can understand Amazon's decision. I know when I read the reviews on Amazon, I am more interested in reviews on the product itself and not on Amazon. The review has nothing to do with this actually product, and if you give it a 1 star rating, then it unnecessarily lowers the rating of the product, which will reflect on STPl/record company and not Amazon.

I wish for some of the products you could review/rate different aspects. Especially DVD/blu-ray/4k. For example 1) the movie, 2) the reproduction quality (visual, audio), 3) extras 4) the packaging of the product, 5) amazons packing. I hate reading reviews for a new release of a 4K box set (for example a Harry Potter box set), and read reviews that are relevant to a DVD box set released 7 years ago.

Unfortunately, Amazon has made it difficult to leave feedback on themselves. I remember once upon a time there was an option to leave comments on the packaging/delivery from your order page, but I never used it, because it was never an issue until the last few years. Now it seems the only way to get ahold of CS is either phone or chat. Email is no longer an option. (I have left feedback multiple times, that this is bad)
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

All true! I did give the LP/DVD set 4 out of 5 stars, not listened to. Amazon does allow reviews of other vendors packaging that sell through Amazon, but not the Amazon warehouses. They have just grown too big for their britches is all. The irony is, most of the box sets I get from them are sent in the manufacturer's original heavy-duty cardboard boxes, and so are double protected, which is why I order these things in advance, and those I am 100% satisfied with. Unfortunately, not so in this case.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Beware packaging!

It's to save money. Amazon is BARELY turning a profit don't you know.
    Do you just WANT Bezos driving a Corvette?
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone here collect or interested in ephemera related to horror/fantasy/sci-fi conferences?

I while back I bought a bundle of brochures/programs/catalogues from Allen Koszowski in order to get a Centipede Press catalogue I was missing, and now I have a bunch of unrelated stuff that's taking up a book's worth of space on my shelves. I want to get rid of them. Please let me send them to you free of charge

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    I keep seeing people post about this on Facebook. That is NOT a haunted house. They literally torture you for hours until you either give up or pass out. That's why they make you sign a waiver and that's why they've never given out their fictional "reward" for making it until the end. I'm amazed that people still sign up to go through it.

I've watched a few of the videos and just a few of the things I remember seeing were things like:

Putting people's heads inside a bucket of dog crap.
    Spraying people with a firehose.
    locking them in a freezer after they are soaking wet from the hose.
    force-feeding them rancid food.
    Making them doing push-ups or jumping jacks until they can't stand up anymore.

Also there are no safe words and you are only allowed to stop when they decide to stop.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    I keep seeing people post about this on Facebook. That is NOT a haunted house. They literally torture you for hours until you either give up or pass out. That's why they make you sign a waiver and that's why they've never given out their fictional "reward" for making it until the end. I'm amazed that people still sign up to go through it.

I've watched a few of the videos and just a few of the things I remember seeing were things like:

Putting people's heads inside a bucket of dog crap.
    Spraying people with a firehose.
    locking them in a freezer after they are soaking wet from the hose.
    force-feeding them rancid food.
    Making them doing push-ups or jumping jacks until they can't stand up anymore.

Also there are no safe words and you are only allowed to stop when they decide to stop.
    So S.E.A.L training. At least there you ring the bell

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A classic like no other:

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/...-motherfuckers
    I don’t know about you, but I can’t wait to get my hands on some fucking gourds and arrange them in a horn-shaped basket on my dining room table. That shit is going to look so seasonal. I’m about to head up to the attic right now to find that wicker fucker, dust it off, and jam it with an insanely ornate assortment of shellacked vegetables. When my guests come over it’s gonna be like, BLAMMO! Check out my shellacked decorative vegetables, assholes. Guess what season it is — fucking fall. There’s a nip in the air and my house is full of mutant fucking squash.

I may even throw some multi-colored leaves into the mix, all haphazard like a crisp October breeze just blew through and fucked that shit up. Then I’m going to get to work on making a beautiful fucking gourd necklace for myself. People are going to be like, “Aren’t those gourds straining your neck?” And I’m just going to thread another gourd onto my necklace without breaking their gaze and quietly reply, “It’s fall, fuckfaces. You’re either ready to reap this freaky-assed harvest or you’re not.”

Carving orange pumpkins sounds like a pretty fitting way to ring in the season. You know what else does? Performing an all-gourd reenactment of an episode of Diff’rent Strokes — specifically the one when Arnold and Dudley experience a disturbing brush with sexual molestation. Well, this shit just got real, didn’t it? Felonies and gourds have one very important commonality: they’re both extremely fucking real. Sorry if that’s upsetting, but I’m not doing you any favors by shielding you from this anymore.

The next thing I’m going to do is carve one of the longer gourds into a perfect replica of the Mayflower as a shout-out to our Pilgrim forefathers. Then I’m going to do lines of blow off its hull with a hooker. Why? Because it’s not summer, it’s not winter, and it’s not spring. Grab a calendar and pull your fucking heads out of your asses; it’s fall, fuckers.

Have you ever been in an Italian deli with salamis hanging from their ceiling? Well then you’re going to fucking love my house. Just look where you’re walking or you’ll get KO’d by the gauntlet of misshapen, zucchini-descendant bastards swinging from above. And when you do, you’re going to hear a very loud, very stereotypical Italian laugh coming from me. Consider yourself warned.

For now, all I plan to do is to throw on a flannel shirt, some tattered overalls, and a floppy fucking hat and stand in the middle of a cornfield for a few days. The first crow that tries to land on me is going to get his avian ass bitch-slapped all the way back to summer.

Welcome to autumn, fuckheads!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 791 of 971 FirstFirst ... 291 691 741 781 789 790 791 792 793 801 841 891 ... LastLast