+ Reply to Thread
Page 752 of 752 FirstFirst ... 252 652 702 742 750 751 752
Results 18,776 to 18,797 of 18797

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Rabid Billybumbler Iwritecode is a glorious beacon of light Iwritecode is a glorious beacon of light Iwritecode is a glorious beacon of light Iwritecode is a glorious beacon of light Iwritecode is a glorious beacon of light Iwritecode is a glorious beacon of light Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    I think I actually like that version of Master of Puppets better than the original.

Blasphemy
    It's possible that I'm biased because it's my favorite Metallica song, but that one seemed to fit better with the symphony playing better than any of their other songs. Minus the 2 originals on the album.

It being recorded live rather than in a studio makes a difference too. Listening to the crowd sing along is awesome.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    I really wanted to get Metallica tickets for S&M 2 in San Francisco this September, but the buying process was a mess. Tickets were showing up in StubHub before Legacy fan club members even had their presale code.
    I got the email as a legacy member. I probably should have bought tickets even though I am not able to attend.
    It's the end of the world as we know it.
    And I feel fine.

Owner Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, Thankfully 700 miles from Bill
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I know this probably sounds a bit jaded, but I used to go to many high profile events, functions, 3 day wine/golf/spa weekends with everything covered. I got spoiled with having to pay little or nothing for what could easily have cost thousands of dollars for two people to attend.
    Now that I've been out of the industry for +15 years that afforded me these "comps", I miss the comps, but not the industry.
    Nowadays, I pretty much pay the premium prices for the very few events I wish to attend.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has much to be proud of bdwyer19 has much to be proud of bdwyer19 has much to be proud of bdwyer19 has much to be proud of bdwyer19 has much to be proud of bdwyer19 has much to be proud of bdwyer19 has much to be proud of bdwyer19 has much to be proud of bdwyer19's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    I really wanted to get Metallica tickets for S&M 2 in San Francisco this September, but the buying process was a mess. Tickets were showing up in StubHub before Legacy fan club members even had their presale code.
    I got the email as a legacy member. I probably should have bought tickets even though I am not able to attend.
    Brian, you probably wouldnít have gotten tickets. Legacy members were irate when the tried their codes within 1 minute of tickets going on sale, and they were getting the message that the tickets were gone. When they tried an hour later during the 5th Member presale (which is what I did), it turned into the exact same scenario. General public tickets go on sale tomorrow. Itíll be a larger allotment, so itíll be interesting to see how long that lasts.

Honky Mahfah Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Saw US yesterday. Enjoyed it A LOT.
    Wanted list:
    The girl who loved tom gordon ARC with King's letter
    The Plant #3 Unsigned.
    Maximum Overdrive Cardboard truck

Goldmember webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Tomorrow for us... meaning me and wife. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Tomorrow for us... meaning me and wife. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I cant go before the beginning of april :-(
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter

Goldmember herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone knows the source of King's quote saying "I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and fries" ?

Thanks
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Does anyone knows the source of King's quote saying "I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and fries" ?

Thanks
    Could be wrong but wasn't it in the Introduction/Forward of "Bag of Bones"

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Servant of Gan St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post

Thanks
    Could be wrong but wasn't it in the Introduction/Forward of "Bag of Bones"

Mulleins
    I thought it was from much earlier than that, possibly in Danse Macabre, but I'm not certain.
    ...aaaaaand a swing and a miss!

Owner Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks
    In the afterward for "Different Seasons", King says about his works-"Most of them have been plain fiction for plain folks, the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and a large fries from McDonald's."

I'm guessing over time, and in interviews, the quote has been modified.

Servant of Gan St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    "...the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and a large fries from McDonald's."
    Cool that King specified "...from McDonald's."
    ...aaaaaand a swing and a miss!

Gunslinger Apprentice vincent has a spectacular aura about vincent has a spectacular aura about vincent has a spectacular aura about vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I came across this cool picture of King in 1978, thought Iíd share. Fun to look at the different editions on the shelf.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Honky Mahfah Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That is cool! Thanks for sharing!
    "Any area of collecting only becomes really worth it when shared with like minded people"-Alec aka Anonymous

Can Toi ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I like that picture too!

I saw US today in Dolby Atmos, hardly anyone there. I liked GET OUT better, but it was still enjoyable.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cool pic! There's even a copy of the first Dutch printing of Carrie (a somewhat collectible book in the Netherlands).
    - MichaŽl

Other worlds Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    If anyone is feeling particularly giving today, my son's tennis team just started a fundraiser and they could use some help for new equipment. Thanks!

https://www.snap-raise.com/fundraise...share_type=sms
    Donation made. Good luck!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Can Toi ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Q. Why is Doctor Jack Griffin the perfect politician?

A. He has complete transparency.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Did you guess it was me? becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    If anyone is feeling particularly giving today, my son's tennis team just started a fundraiser and they could use some help for new equipment. Thanks!

https://www.snap-raise.com/fundraise...share_type=sms
    Donation made. Good luck!
    Thank you Patrick!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Q. Why is Doctor Jack Griffin the perfect politician?

A. He has complete transparency.
    They say he's a man of substance, but I can see right through him.
    It's the end of the world as we know it.
    And I feel fine.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Q: What's the worst joke you have heard recently?
    A: Look up to the last two posts.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Thanks
    In the afterward for "Different Seasons", King says about his works-"Most of them have been plain fiction for plain folks, the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and a large fries from McDonald's."

I'm guessing over time, and in interviews, the quote has been modified.
    Thanks a lot Jerome !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 752 of 752 FirstFirst ... 252 652 702 742 750 751 752