Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 608 of 971 FirstFirst ... 108 508 558 598 606 607 608 609 610 618 658 708 ... LastLast
Results 15,176 to 15,200 of 24271

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    That's interesting for me, since I don't live in USA. Which were your fears about Obama? Why were you disappointed?
    I'm not going to be baited into a lengthy discussion of this. I'll just say that Obama's priorities and vision for the direction of the country were and are polar opposites from mine.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    That's interesting for me, since I don't live in USA. Which were your fears about Obama? Why were you disappointed?
    I'm not going to be baited into a lengthy discussion of this. I'll just say that Obama's priorities and vision for the direction of the country were and are polar opposites from mine.
    I would be interested to hear but I also understand Bob. It is common pleace that here in Canada he was the most fav president in history by the Canadian people.. we are sad to see him leave.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I never in my life heard anyone say that just because someone didn't serve during a war that they are not a veteran. That is ludicrous. We served our country and were there if needed at a moment's notice. It is insulting to say otherwise.

I was born shortly after the Vietnam conflict started and I turned 18 just before it was ended. I was in the military when people were still spitting on soldiers and calling us baby killers. We were warned constantly to never ever go off post wearing our uniform. Now if someone wears their uniform in public, people throw them a fucking parade.

I earned the title VETERAN and to hell with anyone who doesn't think so.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, it makes sense. It'll probably raise a discussion.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I normally don't feel the need to discuss (for me) foreign politics and I don't intend to do so now, but I was shocked to see this man elected. Not because of whatever ideology he represents but simply because of the kind of man he is. That's all I will say.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post

I didn't really hear a lot of this sentiment from the opposing side when Obama was elected.
    No, there wasn't. I was as disappointed as the Democrats are right now when Obama won the last two elections. Terribly disappointed, in fact. But you know what? I got up the next day and went to work. And the day after that I also went to work. I didn't make a lot of "flying the flag upside down" or "moving to Canada" statements. My side had lost a legal election and I had to deal with that fact. I didn't protest or riot. I am just amazed at the actions and statements that are going on right now. It won't change the results of the election.
    I completely agree. The protests around the country are really disappointing, and almost a shameful response for something that didn't go their way. I wasn't happy in '08 or '12 either when Obama was elected. He made policy decisions I was very much against, and others that I was ok with. Either way, life went on, and I never once went into my safe space, or thought the country was going to hell.
    The only thing shameful are the people who put physical effort into walking into a voting booth and voting for a scumbag douchebag like Trump. It's an inexcusable, immoral, rotgut, piss-stain of a vote.

The day's going to come - sooner, not later - when they realize what a ghastly mistake they've made, and then it will be too late.

The dark, worst heart of this country is on display - nothing good will come of it. Defending this choice is an abomination.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I work in IT as a consultant and Director for VA Governor Schools. Today one of my team members forwarded me an Email from a very disgruntled front office admin secretary containing one sentence:

"I'm really upset with our administration, please tell me how do I set the laser printer to stun?"

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
    Sensitive topic the politics, right?

We have a saying in Argentina: if you want to keep your friends, never discuss politics, religion or soccer.

Yea, it's kind of like my momma told me "Never talk about Religion, Politics or a women's weight"
    "Never ask a woman when the baby's due"
    That reminds of a time I was walking with a co-worker thru the halls, and he saw another co-worker that I didn't know, but he did. He knew that she had been expecting, and she appeared to still be pregnant, so he asked her when the baby was due, and she told him she had it a month previous. I just kept walking and pretended I didn't know him. I now wait until I am told someone is expecting before commenting.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
    Sensitive topic the politics, right?

We have a saying in Argentina: if you want to keep your friends, never discuss politics, religion or soccer.

Yea, it's kind of like my momma told me "Never talk about Religion, Politics or a women's weight"
    "Never ask a woman when the baby's due"
    That reminds of a time I was walking with a co-worker thru the halls, and he saw another co-worker that I didn't know, but he did. He knew that she had been expecting, and she appeared to still be pregnant, so he asked her when the baby was due, and she told him she had it a month previous. I just kept walking and pretended I didn't know him. I now wait until I am told someone is expecting before commenting.

I agree. I didn't even ask my wife when she was due...

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post

I didn't really hear a lot of this sentiment from the opposing side when Obama was elected.
    No, there wasn't. I was as disappointed as the Democrats are right now when Obama won the last two elections. Terribly disappointed, in fact. But you know what? I got up the next day and went to work. And the day after that I also went to work. I didn't make a lot of "flying the flag upside down" or "moving to Canada" statements. My side had lost a legal election and I had to deal with that fact. I didn't protest or riot. I am just amazed at the actions and statements that are going on right now. It won't change the results of the election.
    I completely agree. The protests around the country are really disappointing, and almost a shameful response for something that didn't go their way. I wasn't happy in '08 or '12 either when Obama was elected. He made policy decisions I was very much against, and others that I was ok with. Either way, life went on, and I never once went into my safe space, or thought the country was going to hell.
    The only thing shameful are the people who put physical effort into walking into a voting booth and voting for a scumbag douchebag like Trump. It's an inexcusable, immoral, rotgut, piss-stain of a vote.

The day's going to come - sooner, not later - when they realize what a ghastly mistake they've made, and then it will be too late.

The dark, worst heart of this country is on display - nothing good will come of it. Defending this choice is an abomination.
    The Republicans brought the protests and no acceptance of Trump on themselves by being a party of hatred with no respect for the Constitution. Obama was qualified to be President. And like his policies or not, he is a decent moral person. McCain might have been all right, but the thought of the ignorant, no - down right pig ignorant - Palin was unacceptable if something happened to McCain. I seriously thought Trump would be going back to Orthanc with trophy wife two and the Stepford children never to bother us again. I wonder when he gets rid of ACA where I should send my medicals bills - to him or Cruz or Cornyn?

And on another note - I am already sick of the constant Christmas ads on TV. Is not fast forward one of the great inventions of our time...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post

And on another note - I am already sick of the constant Christmas ads on TV. Is not fast forward one of the great inventions of our time...

I tried but failed to sell my family on the idea of "Leap Christmas". Every four years we just completely skip the holiday.
    They wouldn't buy it.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    I never in my life heard anyone say that just because someone didn't serve during a war that they are not a veteran. That is ludicrous. We served our country and were there if needed at a moment's notice. It is insulting to say otherwise.

I was born shortly after the Vietnam conflict started and I turned 18 just before it was ended. I was in the military when people were still spitting on soldiers and calling us baby killers. We were warned constantly to never ever go off post wearing our uniform. Now if someone wears their uniform in public, people throw them a fucking parade.

I didn't mean to imply otherwise. I guess I just never thought of myself as a veteran in the sense that my father was a veteran. He was in the US Army in the 1940's and early 1950's and wore the title (as did many of his generation) as a "Veteran of WW II and the Korean War."

I graduated from high school in 1968 and had a pretty low draft number (around 50, IIRC). I had always planned to go to college and in doing so earned a "student deferment." Many of my classmates did not go to college and were drafted into the Vietnam War. Most came back but some didn't. My father also had no choice. He was in the ROTC at Texas A&M and when the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor on 12/7/41 he and most of his classmates went to their dorm rooms to begin packing their bags. He fought in the South Pacific and later in Korea. To me those are veterans in the true sense of the word.

I grew up thinking that I would serve in the armed forces in some way, some day. I always felt a certain degree of guilt that I had gotten a student deferment and did not go to Vietnam. I think, perhaps subconciously, the guilt led me to join the US Army when I finished my medical training. I felt there was a debt to pay...at least for me, morally speaking. But I mostly just did a job and got a lot of useful extra training along the way. My ten years in the Army prepared me for a specialty in medicine that allowed me to have a successful private practice. I worked hard and did my job but didn't, in my mind anyway, ever do much to earn the title veteran. Certainly not like my dad did.

I suppose I could argue that in the course of ten years I took care of a hell of a lot of soldiers. Treated them when they were sick, helped them heal when they were injured, took care of the medical needs of their wives and children. So I helped promote and sustain the health and well being of our fighting forces and, in doing so, aided in the defense of our country. So maybe that counts for something to be called a veteran. Still, it just doesn't seem accurate to me.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Skip mode's even better
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I tried but failed to sell my family on the idea of "Leap Christmas". Every four years we just completely skip the holiday.
    They wouldn't buy it.
    Non-forwarder thinkers, geez! Maybe we can talk Trump into making it so .
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't mean to imply otherwise. I guess I just never thought of myself as a veteran in the sense that my father was a veteran. He was in the US Army in the 1940's and early 1950's and wore the title (as did many of his generation) as a "Veteran of WW II and the Korean War."

I graduated from high school in 1968 and had a pretty low draft number (around 50, IIRC). I had always planned to go to college and in doing so earned a "student deferment." Many of my classmates did not go to college and were drafted into the Vietnam War. Most came back but some didn't. My father also had no choice. He was in the ROTC at Texas A&M and when the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor on 12/7/41 he and most of his classmates went to their dorm rooms to begin packing their bags. He fought in the South Pacific and later in Korea. To me those are veterans in the true sense of the word.

I grew up thinking that I would serve in the armed forces in some way, some day. I always felt a certain degree of guilt that I had gotten a student deferment and did not go to Vietnam. I think, perhaps subconciously, the guilt led me to join the US Army when I finished my medical training. I felt there was a debt to pay...at least for me, morally speaking. But I mostly just did a job and got a lot of useful extra training along the way. My ten years in the Army prepared me for a specialty in medicine that allowed me to have a successful private practice. I worked hard and did my job but didn't, in my mind anyway, ever do much to earn the title veteran. Certainly not like my dad did.

I suppose I could argue that in the course of ten years I took care of a hell of a lot of soldiers. Treated them when they were sick, helped them heal when they were injured, took care of the medical needs of their wives and children. So I helped promote and sustain the health and well being of our fighting forces and, in doing so, aided in the defense of our country. So maybe that counts for something to be called a veteran. Still, it just doesn't seem accurate to me.
    I'd say that makes you a veteran in every since of the word, Bob. We'll never be able to hold a candle to this country's greatest generation though. My father and two uncles fought in Vietnam. All three returned but a lot of who they were before they left, never came back. Still, it wasn't spoken of much (at least not of outside of themselves) and it wasn't an excuse not to be productive citizens upon return. Our soldiers definitely return to better circumstances these days. At least as far as the public receives them. Still a ton of work to be done to heal the scars of war. And not just physically.

Country
    Country Flag

I work in IT as a consultant and Director for VA Governor Schools. Today one of my team members forwarded me an Email from a very disgruntled front office admin secretary containing one sentence:

"I'm really upset with our administration, please tell me how do I set the laser printer to stun?"

Mulleins

I hadn't head this. Does anyone think he will?

http://www.directexpose.com/celebrit...trump-wins/22/

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I hadn't head this. Does anyone think he will?

http://www.directexpose.com/celebrit...trump-wins/22/
    Our collecting friends in Canada sure hopes he moves that way.
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'd let him crash on my couch.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I'd let him crash on my couch.
    Oh me too. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

The problem with King moving to Canada is we will have to learn his signature all over again because he will sign the books Stephen King Eh

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Not a single one of these celebrities will move. They backtracked on their words when Bush was elected, and they're doing the same now.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I understand. My father was Navy WWII and my brother was Army in Vietnam (agent orange basically killed him years later). So yeah I do understand and often tell people who thank me for the service that I didn't do anything, because I really didn't. But I do most certainly claim the title Veteran.

Country
    Country Flag

No celebrities are going to move because of Trump.

We stopped doing Christmas several years ago.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bowie. Prince. Wilder. Cohen... Whatafuknyear...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 608 of 971 FirstFirst ... 108 508 558 598 606 607 608 609 610 618 658 708 ... LastLast