Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 807 of 971 FirstFirst ... 307 707 757 797 805 806 807 808 809 817 857 907 ... LastLast
Results 20,151 to 20,175 of 24268

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Gunslinger Apprentice TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TnTzDad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I'm a Raider fan, so it was great to see the Patriots exit early, and mildly enjoyable to see the Ravens dispatched after all the hype. I'm hoping for a Chiefs/49ers Super Bowl. I'm not a Niner fan, and some of their fans are insufferable, but them winning is good for the local economy, and very good for the sports bar I frequent.
    For once we are in complete agreement. Chiefs vs Niners and the Niners will be the victors!!!
    No one else finds it convenient that the Packers had a game-making decision in their favor on the NFL's 100th year, possibly leading up to a replay of Superbowl 1?
    No. It was a legit first down. The yellow line is not the true marker.

But, even so, beating the 49ers this weekend is going to be darn near impossible.
    This is a true statement, and I'd love nothing more than to see the Packers lose. But somehow they seem to pull it off time after time. The Chiefs will have their hands full trying to put a stop to Henry but I suspect they will make it to the big game.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, the Seagulls are out, so really, season over. Thank goodness. I've seen more football in the past few months than since HS - which brings me to baseball. Why can't the catcher have audio equipment built into the mask and the pitcher one of those things you stick in the ear. No need for signs. If football can do it, seems like baseball could figure it out. Yeah, sensitive enough the batter can't hear.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Because in weird ways baseball is stuck in traditions that are 100+ years old. Of course the players have adapted to a new pay scheme that sees them making millions each, but they still are resistant to change old things like using signs (catcher to pitcher, Manager to batter, base coaches from manager to runner etc.).

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Well, the Seagulls are out, so really, season over. Thank goodness. I've seen more football in the past few months than since HS - which brings me to baseball. Why can't the catcher have audio equipment built into the mask and the pitcher one of those things you stick in the ear. No need for signs. If football can do it, seems like baseball could figure it out. Yeah, sensitive enough the batter can't hear.
    Good point. They could tie in the manager so he could say, "Forget the curveball, Ricky, bring him the heater!" right in his ear.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Because in weird ways baseball is stuck in traditions that are 100+ years old. Of course the players have adapted to a new pay scheme that sees them making millions each, but they still are resistant to change old things like using signs (catcher to pitcher, Manager to batter, base coaches from manager to runner etc.).
    Well, some of the things you mention are just part of the game. However, in response to "Lurker's" question, I saw on "MLB Tonight" where they said that MLB has already tried the ear piece/transmitter thingy and the players found it too distracting and they said it impacted their game. Not my position on the subject just relaying what I heard from the so called, Pro's. I guess the Tech hasn't made it far enough for baseball yet. LOL

Speaking of this signs crap, how about the commissioners edict? He punishes management, but lets the players go scot-free? WTF is that? What kind of message are you sending to the fans especially the kids? Cheat and get caught and its okay if enough of you do it. They keep the championship, the money and the rings? That's a load of crap!!! They should have to answer for their actions as well. Put an asterisk in the books for that championship. Take back the playoff cash and rings!! Give the money to a worthy charity. What MLB did is half assed bullshit!!!!

Edit: "Protect the integrity of the game". What integrity? The Commissioner just sold it to the Astro's and eventually, Red Sox players that cheated to win. He also just said its okay to do it even if you do get caught. As long as there is a Union and its too much work to figure out who the Perps were.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just heard Amazon drops Dark Tower show..... will we ever get a good adaptation????!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Just heard Amazon drops Dark Tower show..... will we ever get a good adaptation????!!!!

Doesn't seem likely!!! Such a shame for the most amazing and epic story ever not to get a worthy tv/cinema airing its criminal...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Doesn't seem likely!!! Such a shame for the most amazing and epic story ever not to get a worthy tv/cinema airing its criminal...
    Yes it is official. I agree though... Amazon stated it was not epic enough!! WTF
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Got some good news last night in that a position I'd signed a Contingency Letter of Acceptance for got approved by the government and put on contract. So, after eight years with L3Harris Technologies, I'll be leaving at the end of the month to assume the reins as Senior Logistics Engineer at Odyssey Systems for the COBRA DANE program. COBRA DANE is a radar system located on the garden spot of Shemya Island, 1200 miles or so southwest of Anchorage, Alaska in the Aleutian Islands (and less than 100 miles from Russia ... so guess where the radar is pointing at). If interested, here's a really good article on the site and system, with a couple of videos, from Popular Mechanics https://www.popularmechanics.com/mil...potting-radar/

As there's no way in hell I'd live out there, the position is here in Colorado Springs on Peterson AFB where the site is managed by Air Force Space Command (not United States Space Force, though it could happen). I wasn't looking to move, but they came recruiting (always a good thing) and timing couldn't have been better with some events happening here. Plus it comes with a $25K pay bump, which is also a good thing. So I figured what the hell, why not give it a shot ... right?
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats George!! Sounds like a great move!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WTG, George! Best of luck in the new position.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Best of lucks!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on the new gig. I'm presuming the pay bump will go direct deposit to one Paul Suntup...
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats George!! Sounds like a great move!
    WTG, George! Best of luck in the new position.
    Best of lucks!!
    Congrats on the new gig. I'm presuming the pay bump will go direct deposit to one Paul Suntup...
    Thanks all, I appreciate the wishes. I'm a little bit nervous about it, but that's nothing more than second thought jitters; I absolutely nailed the interview because I'm actually really good at what they're looking for. I heard afterwards that one of the interviewers (who I had worked with a few years back), as soon as they handed him my resume and he saw my name said "Hire him." Still, change is bad! … until you realize it was the right thing to do.

As for that pay bump and Paul … I'm already into him for my firstborn, soul, and kid's inheritance so yeah, what the hell, might as well just sign it over.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, George! Sounds like they found their man. Enjoy the extra income!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Before the calendar turns to a new day in my timezone, I just want to note that today my oldest turned 19 on the 19th.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Before the calendar turns to a new day in my timezone, I just want to note that today my oldest turned 19 on the 19th.
    The golden birthday! Hope he enjoyed it!!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Happy Belated!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Sitting at the Orpheum theater in San Francisco.
    The play "Hamilton " is just about to begin.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Sitting at the Orpheum theater in San Francisco.
    The play "Hamilton " is just about to begin.
    Enjoy! The production is amazing!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Brian and Brian. He had a good one.

Jerome, what did you think of it?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed it, other than the freaky lady seated next to me ( no, not my wife).

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Freaky in a Bow-Chicka-Wow-Wow way or freaky in a Carrie way?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Freaky in a Bow-Chicka-Wow-Wow way or freaky in a Carrie way?
    I usually get end of aisle seats. For this one, we were stuck four seats in. The seats made coach on most airlines seem luxurious. BTAIM, the wife and I get seated 5 minutes before the scheduled start time.
    I have a drink that I ordered from the bar. The drink was in what I would call a "spill-resistant" sippy cup. About 10 minutes into the play, I noticed that the grey haired women seated to my right was brushing my arm. I thought she wanted the armrest between us, but I had never tried to use or claim the armrest-I left it for her.

After numerous "brushes" by her, I looked at her and silently mouthed "what's wrong"?

She said that me touching my face was disturbing to her. Assuming that touching one's face, hair, etc. was a normal thing (not picking one's nose, flossing, or popping a zit), I paused, then leaned over and told her "tough shit!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 807 of 971 FirstFirst ... 307 707 757 797 805 806 807 808 809 817 857 907 ... LastLast