Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 969 of 972 FirstFirst ... 469 869 919 959 967 968 969 970 971 ... LastLast
Results 24,201 to 24,225 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Yippee! Tomorrow I go for eye surgery to close a small tear in my retina. Usually done by laser, this one is too far up and to the side to reach, so under anesthesia I go so they can freeze the fissure. Am I nuh-nuh-nervous? Huh-huh-Hell no!
    Wish the best of luck. If the doctors are competent, I'm sure all will go well.
    Thanks Jerome, all went well. I have a patch to remove tonight and the best part was being high on the anesthesia.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Good to hear it went well Steve, make sure you make the most of the patch and talk like a pirate to everyone you meet!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Good to hear it went well Steve, make sure you make the most of the patch and talk like a pirate to everyone you meet!
    Haha 😂

Best wishes, Steve. Glad it went well.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

The patch is white and looks awful. Comes off in 30 minutes! I can't wait. If they put my eye in backwards I'll see just HOW big my brain is!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The patch is white and looks awful. Comes off in 30 minutes! I can't wait. If they put my eye in backwards I'll see just HOW big my brain is!
    But what if you stare into and endless void?

But what if you stare into and endless void?
    But...I always do!
    When I took the patch off I looked like David Bowie!

Which is strange because then I listened to DISC 5 of the IN UTERO anniversary set and they did 'The Man Who Sold the World' with Kurt saying, "I wear earplugs because when I grow old I want to hear my kids say, 'I love you, Daddy.'"
    It's a strange, sad world sometimes.

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Yippee! Tomorrow I go for eye surgery to close a small tear in my retina. Usually done by laser, this one is too far up and to the side to reach, so under anesthesia I go so they can freeze the fissure. Am I nuh-nuh-nervous? Huh-huh-Hell no!
    Wish the best of luck. If the doctors are competent, I'm sure all will go well.
    Thanks Jerome, all went well. I have a patch to remove tonight and the best part was being high on the anesthesia.
    Wonderful to hear all went well!!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Merry Christmas fellow Tower Junkies!

Special Projects Manager mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Merry Christmas fellow Tower Junkies!
    Merry Christmas junkie!
    ISO:
    - LSOE AE Remarque
    - Signed Everything's Eventual US 1st
    - Other Dark Tower Remarques

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Merry Christmas to all!!!

Best,
    John

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Happy New Everyone!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Happy New Everyone!

And you, Tommy.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Happy New Everyone!

And you, Tommy.
    Thank You!

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hadn't seen this one before, I chuckled. Might be time to reread The Stand!

WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Has anyone here heard of a bookstore in Australia called 'Books & Collectibles'?
    They have a book I want to buy, but my anti-virus program warns me not to go there, as the site will steal my passwords, information and my very soul if I'm not careful.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone here heard of a bookstore in Australia called 'Books & Collectibles'?
    They have a book I want to buy, but my anti-virus program warns me not to go there, as the site will steal my passwords, information and my very soul if I'm not careful.
    It's likely fine. Their security certificate expired on 1/04/2023. That's why you are getting the warning. You might want to inform their webmaster.

I doubt there would be a problem simply browsing the site. I'd prefer the certificate be valid to purchase from the site.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Citizen of Gilead Elliot HP Spencer has a spectacular aura about Elliot HP Spencer has a spectacular aura about Elliot HP Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In my next life or If I win the mega, mega millions, I want a library like this. It's part of a mansion that's for sale in Westbury, NY for a mere $13+ million.

Gunslinger Apprentice Curly has a spectacular aura about Curly has a spectacular aura about

It's lovely, but it has windows. UV light will destroy the books on no time depending on where you live.

I don't know much about it but there is a UV protective spray or film I think you can put on windows and glass doors to protect from UV light. I know someone here knows better than I do.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

UV film and curtains will help quite a bit, but overall, the room will be much darker.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ugh, don't put a TV over a fireplace.

I've got UV blockers on windows of my library (and other rooms). I also keep the blinds closed in my library.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Looks very much like there are electric blinds on the top of those windows.
    What a beautiful modern design, love it.
    Personally I will let them off the television placement.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm having one of those years, after the universe let me slide by for the longest time.
    - April 23: Stepdad hospitalized for heart disease, almost died
    - June 23: Mom passed away the day stepdad was discharged from the hospital
    - July 23: Company won contract recompete; yay!
    - Aug 23: Company actually messed up their bid, resulted in layoffs. Not me luckily, but about half of the people I managed.
    - Sep 23: Brother hit almost directly head on; truck destroyed, but he got lucky with only bumps and bruises.
    - Oct 23: Had knee surgery revision to fix wrong size parts they put in the first time
    - Nov 23: Mother-in-law in Italy has dementia, and we're over here
    - Dec 23: Dad has stroke stroke right before Christmas
    - Jan 24: Wife heads to Italy to help her mom

All this kinda sucks, but so is life. I'm not the I'm Being Punished or Everything is Against Me type, because if I was I'd probably be scared and miserable. Life happens, and then you buy a new book or reread an old one and suddenly things seem better! Moral of the story, don't let the bad thoughts in your head convince you that things are worse than they really are; the universe is not out to get you!

Happy Tuesday!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

I'm sorry to hear of the tough year George! Positive thoughts 2024 will be a good year!

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    I'm having one of those years, after the universe let me slide by for the longest time.
    - April 23: Stepdad hospitalized for heart disease, almost died
    - June 23: Mom passed away the day stepdad was discharged from the hospital
    - July 23: Company won contract recompete; yay!
    - Aug 23: Company actually messed up their bid, resulted in layoffs. Not me luckily, but about half of the people I managed.
    - Sep 23: Brother hit almost directly head on; truck destroyed, but he got lucky with only bumps and bruises.
    - Oct 23: Had knee surgery revision to fix wrong size parts they put in the first time
    - Nov 23: Mother-in-law in Italy has dementia, and we're over here
    - Dec 23: Dad has stroke stroke right before Christmas
    - Jan 24: Wife heads to Italy to help her mom

All this kinda sucks, but so is life. I'm not the I'm Being Punished or Everything is Against Me type, because if I was I'd probably be scared and miserable. Life happens, and then you buy a new book or reread an old one and suddenly things seem better! Moral of the story, don't let the bad thoughts in your head convince you that things are worse than they really are; the universe is not out to get you!

Happy Tuesday!
    Sounds eerily similar to many of the things my wife and I are currently dealing with. Her mom passed a couple of years ago from covid and then her dad had 2 strokes (one massive) that put him in the hospital last April. He's either been in the hospital or a nursing home since then. She goes to court tomorrow to be granted guardianship so we can get into his IRA, sell their cars and otherwise take care of things that he'll never be able to do.

My dad is suffering from dementia and my mom is still around but she has a hard time dealing with him sometimes. Luckily we only live a couple of miles away so we can help them out.

But it's stressful trying to take care of 3 different households at the same time.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 969 of 972 FirstFirst ... 469 869 919 959 967 968 969 970 971 ... LastLast