Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 756 of 972 FirstFirst ... 256 656 706 746 754 755 756 757 758 766 806 856 ... LastLast
Results 18,876 to 18,900 of 24288

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

That’s awesome Brian!! I won too!! Tickets go on sale for contest #3 in an hour!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    That’s awesome Brian!! I won too!! Tickets go on sale for contest #3 in an hour!
    A great day to be a Brian I guess!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    A great day to be a Brian I guess!
    Well, someone was bound to post it, so it might as well be me:

Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Well done!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    There are three contests for tickets to the second Metallica S&M show.

The tickets are only available to members of the Fifth Member fan club. Legacy members get the chance for front row seats. Drawing is tomorrow night, so enter if you want a chance at tickets.

https://www.metallica.com/news/2019-...formation.html

Contest #1: Legacy Member Only – Floor, First Three (3) Rows

Enter to win a chance to purchase tickets in the first three (3) rows. Prices are $300, $400, and $500 + service fees for each row, so please do not enter if you do not intend to purchase these tickets.
    Enter Contest #1 (Legacy Members Only)

Contest #2: Legacy Member Only – Floor Seats

Prices are $200 + service fees, please do not enter if you do not intend to purchase these tickets.
    Enter Contest #2 (Legacy Members Only)

Contest #3: Legacy and Fifth Members – Non-Floor Seats

Reservation codes will be chosen randomly with half going to Legacy Members and half to all other Fifth Members. You will choose your seat location at the time of purchase with no specific locations guaranteed. Pricing ranges from $50-$200 + service fees.
    Enter Contest #3
    I won the third contest. I'll be seeing Metallica in San Francisco once again.

We have to get together for a pint when you guys are in town!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Was the politics thread closed by mistake?
    Probably. I reopened it.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

You better go buy them now!!!

From the reservation code email...

You will be able to purchase your ticket(s) between the hours of 9:00 am and 12:00 noon PDT on Friday, April 19th.

That started just over two hours ago. You have 48 minutes left.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well done!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

You will be able to purchase your ticket(s) between the hours of 9:00 am and 12:00 noon PDT on Friday, April 19th.

That must be Legacy. Fifth member starts at noon.

You will be able to purchase your ticket(s) between the hours of 12:00 noon and 5:00 pm PDT on Friday, April 19th.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That must be Legacy. Fifth member starts at noon.

You will be able to purchase your ticket(s) between the hours of 12:00 noon and 5:00 pm PDT on Friday, April 19th.
    Okay. I'm a legacy member.

Ticketmaster created a queue when you clicked the link. I logged on 15 minutes early and there were more than 1000 people ahead of me. You might want to log in now. PayPal checkout is easiest. Also there is a drop down menu on the right side of the order page. It defaults to lowest price. Click "Best Seats" and take the best seats available.

I am including a screenshot of the available sections. I'm in 114.

Of the available sections it appears that about 3/4 of that is sold already.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Well done! I am in section 125.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Was the politics thread closed by mistake?
    Probably. I reopened it.
    Thanks

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Brian!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just wondering, what is the consensus over here : scarcity or condition?

Would you rather have a 1st print whose condition is not so good, or a second print in better quality?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess that depends on the ultimate goal, but for me, "1st print whose condition is not so good"
    (I'm assuming were talking about books)

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

Would you rather have a 1st print whose condition is not so good, or a second print in better quality?

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For me - a 1st...

Country
    Country Flag

1st

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

1st

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

1st

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Open call. I'm looking for a "C.C. Sabbathia: Jedi Bobblehead doll and the check book is out!!!! They'll be giving them away at the stadium on May 4, so anyone looking to make a reasonable buck let me know!! My grandson wants one desperately and I don't want to let him down.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't even see second printings as collectible, really. I have a few exceptions to this for some of the most expensive books - I'd sometimes rather have a second printing compared to nothing, but that's very, very rare. I never go out of my way to find a second printing. I'd rather try to find a first printing of something that's in my price range than settle for a second printing of something that's not.

My issue recently has been condition. I used to pick up cheaper versions of first printings that were in G to VG condition, with the idea that I could always upgrade later. As I've been selling some of them off to enhance other parts of my collection (S/L editions, mostly) I have found that they didn't really appreciate in value while the NF/F first printings that I want usually did. So the gulf between the "desirable" copy of the book and the "acceptable" copy is generally greater than back when I bought the "acceptable" copy, meaning that even if I can get the full value back from it (which is less common), I've actually lost ground in trying to get that "desirable" copy.

As a consequence, I've found myself pursuing fewer first printings in general, and trying to maximize the condition of the copy that I'm looking for.

The issue is much less salient in the S/L world as those books are generally handled better and so even if you limit yourself to only NF/F copies of S/L books, they are not as hard to find as some F/F trade copies.

As an example, it took me a long time to find a truly F copy of the first printing of The Talisman - and I still ended up marrying a F book to a F dustjacket from a different copy. Finding a F/F copy of the S/L is much, much easier...

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks everyone for your replies !
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Open call. I'm looking for a "C.C. Sabbathia: Jedi Bobblehead doll and the check book is out!!!! They'll be giving them away at the stadium on May 4, so anyone looking to make a reasonable buck let me know!! My grandson wants one desperately and I don't want to let him down.
    Got it!!! Thanks to a very cool member here!!!! The force will be with, Merlin IV this May!!! lol lol

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like the thread discussing this is closed but I noticed this morning that my PM storage had increased! Thanks, Jerome!

Country
    Country Flag

Remember that question?
    Well, here is the reason why I asked, and I am still not sure what to do.

They are both first french editions of Dracula, from 1920. Almost 100 years now.

The one on the right is the one I already had, and it's a third print. From 1920 too I believe.
    The one on the left, is in more damaged condition, and is a first print.

I am wondering which one to keep, and which one to send away to a friend which I know will appreciate the book.
    I am debating between the better quality but 3rd print, and the lesser quality and 1st print...
    Visually, the books are the same, but there is a "trois mille" written, in small, on the frontcover... but you have to take the book in your hand to notice it, it can't be seen from my bookshelves

Any new opinions, based on the following pictures?
    In both cases, I will keep an eye out for a first print in good condition (and I am gutted that I missed up on one at a reasonnable price a couple of years ago)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 756 of 972 FirstFirst ... 256 656 706 746 754 755 756 757 758 766 806 856 ... LastLast