Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Favourite quotes

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Favourite quotes

I know it's not a long thing but there were some really touching lines in it so I think it deserves a quote thread.

She raised her hand to poke it back in, but Roland took her fingers before she could. 'It's beautiful,' he said. 'Black as night and as beautiful as forever.'

Roland would have understood.

Gunslinger Apprentice The King of Kings is on a distinguished road

"She's part of their medicine now"

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The King of Kings View Post
    "She's part of their medicine now"
    I wish I could understand this sentence more. I like it, too.

I read it just yesterday and powered through it pretty quickly but that line sort of stuck out to me. I assume they ate her.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The King of Kings View Post
    I read it just yesterday and powered through it pretty quickly but that line sort of stuck out to me. I assume they ate her.
    Yeah, they did but how could she become part of their medicine? It's not too clear to me.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ate? The older sister Jenna turned them against? I assumed she set the bugs on her and they caused her to break down into her component parts (i.e. other bugs.) but I could have read that wrong.

That's possible as well and I even thought about it, but I figured it is a King story so I just went with the more gruesome of the two possibilities.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

"Time spent with cats is never wasted." -- Colette
    "There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cat." -- Albert Schweitzer
    "A cat is a puzzle for which there is no solution." --Hazel Nicholson
    "Cats always know whether people like or dislike them. They do not always care enoughto do anything about it." -- Winifred Carriere
    "I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of a cat is infinitely superior." -- Hippolyte Taine

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"A dog ponders his relationship with man: "He feeds me, he grooms me, he takes care of all my needs... He must be God". A cat thinks: "He feeds me, grooms me, takes care of me. I must be God". "
    dedicated to Liz

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Oh Jean, isn't that just right?

I love that they deem me worthy of their love, though... for those cats can be vengeful "Gods" when they wish to.

Fuck Adumbros is on a distinguished road Adumbros's Avatar

My Mood
    Brooding

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    "A dog ponders his relationship with man: "He feeds me, he grooms me, he takes care of all my needs... He must be God". A cat thinks: "He feeds me, grooms me, takes care of me. I must be God". "
    dedicated to Liz

+ Reply to Thread