Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jenna

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ManOfWesternesse View Post
    Only Jenna had the "Dark Bells", not the others.

It's a fair point pinky, I'd not associated the Dark Bells and Todash Chimes before. Hmmm. No, i don't see a relationship. There's no suggestion that jenna sent the bugs to other worlds/ other times using the Bells (Unless the simple act of calling them, using the Bells, MEANS calling them FROM other worlds/times??).
    Have to have ANOTHER re-read (it's already nearly a year since the one above^^).
    Let's re-read it together.

Roland would have understood.

Gunslinger Apprentice RolandLover will become famous soon enough RolandLover will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Just finished reading LSOE and of course I loved it simply because it's another story about Roland. My question is this, in the story, Roland said he looked at Jenna in a womanly way. Something he hasn't done since Susan. He wanted to make love to Jenna because it's been that long for him but he fell asleep. I haven't read the comics yet that's my next reading but i have skimmed the forums, but I thought Roland took Aileen as a lover?

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's never stated that he never slept with anyone else since Susan, albeit they certainly didn't mean as much. The Gunslinger strongly suggests he has had plenty of women, although being on the trail I'm sure he goes long periods without.

Of course Little Sisters is set still fairly early when Roland is still a young man. I would take that passage to mean that Jenna is perhaps the woman he feels closest to in a loving romantic way since Susan.

As for Aileen, I don't think it was ever made clear as to whether they actually had a relationship of that kind. I understand that his parents wanted them to be together, and The Gunslinger states that he left a woman behind (although it doesn't state who that was). In the comics she
    Spoiler:
    certainly has feeling for him too, but if they ever got together in the intimate sense, it happened off-page.
    Of course a lot of the Aileen stuff in the comics is probably best seen as a parallel world rather than that of the novels as she has a much larger role there than the novels would suggest.

Gunslinger Apprentice RolandLover will become famous soon enough RolandLover will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Ok thanks! I think you right about what that passage meant as far as Jenna. According to the Towerpedia on Aileen, it said Roland took Aileen as his first lover at the Susan but then that was changed in the revised Gunslinger as a woman he parents wanted to marry. Oh well, thanks for clarifying!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2