Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Site Outages

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Site Outages

Sorry for the down times everyone.

Everytime we have a snag, they have to reboot the server which kicks everyone off.

I am dealing with support about it because the amount of times this has happened over the last two weeks is unacceptable. I understand we are taking an amazing amount of hits since we started the fund raiser.

I told them that is the entire reason we moved to a dedicated server and we needed a fix.

I appreciate everyone's patience and just know that when this site is having a glitch, I'm doing nothing but trying to get it fixed.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

This I know. Matt has been known to leave work before because a site he owned was down.

This is the first time since this morning I could get on here. *clings to the .com*
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

we really appreciate it matt. you've gotten us all so addicted that we sit in front of the computer and just hit refresh refresh REFRESH and tilt our heads curiously, not understanding the problem. we KNOW it's out there - we just can't get to it. the ultimate torture.

p.s. whenever it's down razzle and i take bets on whether you're going after anyone with sharp objects or hiring brice to do it for you.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You know Matt, I hesitated to mention it cause I thought it might be misconstrued but, the site does run rather sluggishly. I am in no way complaining but just letting you know that's all. I still get on here just slowly. You're paying for this no doubt and should get the level of service you (and we?) pay for. Good luck!!!!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

There are a few people who report constant sluggishness with the site. Sometimes it's just for a few minutes because the board is running some kind of task.

At any rate, Aaron and I are doing our best to negotiate the right amount of space without paying too much all while having no idea what we are talking about.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

seriously, just say the word matt. you'll have no more troubles. I'm already sharpening my knives. i mean um....my pencils, so that i can write up a contract with the server people.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Seriously, if you need donations to keep the site going, just ask.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I gave a donation or two at .net. I felt it was wasted money.

Here, however, I would not feel that way. Maybe it's just Matt and his actual presence on the boards...not some invisible name asking for money...
    This is a pretty good place to be.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Amen, brother!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Seriously, if you need donations to keep the site going, just ask.
    donations. definitely. you name it matt and you've got it. we've got your back on the site and it's not going anywhere.

unless of course you have to send razz and brice in to "negotiate". then you may need to find a new server service.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post

Here, however, I would not feel that way. Maybe it's just Matt and his actual presence on the boards...not some invisible name asking for money...

Aye yup... some moderators wondered where the admin were there as well.

Yes Matt it has been sluggish for me for a month or so. I just didn't want to complain.

If I know where and how,I'll dontate what I can.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Matt... Or how about a amazon link here that would put proceeds to TDT? You could sign up with amazon associates, and then when we buy stuff at amazon, so long as we click through, I think you'd get some money. It might help. Just a suggestion. It's not like we don't all buy from amazon anyways!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

did anyone else just have problems loading pages?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I used to often have problems loading the pages quickly. I started using Mozilla Firefox as my browser and significantly reduced page loading time.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

After the site went my server did ( or something) I have no internet at home when I left since yesterday too

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think that is part of it and also the moment a person is actually trying to refresh, some of us go hours at a stretch without doing it and may hit at a weird moment. Then you have those hours where you do it every 2 seconds.

As for the comments on donations, we really appreciate that. Some kind of "Friends of TheDarkTower.com" premium membership might be worked out. We would just have to figure out some kind of perks.

oh captain, my captain?

we'll help you out with those perks. just click HERE

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post

I forgot to mention how much I appreciate this. The idea of "being here" was one of the things I wanted the most for this site.

I'm going to discuss this with the other Directors you guys, maybe after the fund raiser we can start a poll to see what people would like.

My Mood
    Gay

Um, did we just have another outage?

I couldn't post and then got knocked off completely.

Total suckage.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought it was my company's web portal. I'm getting a page saying I don't have authorization to access the site with my company's logo on it.

Luckily it wasn't as epic of an outage.
    still sucks though

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I called and made them reboot it.

We're working on the problem everyone, sorry for the inconvenience.

My Mood
    Gay

Matt - do you need us to come there and kick some ass for you?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I think that is part of it and also the moment a person is actually trying to refresh, some of us go hours at a stretch without doing it and may hit at a weird moment. Then you have those hours where you do it every 2 seconds.

As for the comments on donations, we really appreciate that. Some kind of "Friends of TheDarkTower.com" premium membership might be worked out. We would just have to figure out some kind of perks.

They did something fairly simple over a .net. You donated 10 or 2o bucks and got a "19" sig in your handle (Where your member level and avatar appear) to show you were a supporter. Something similar might work here as well.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That's very true, I just had to keep anything that might go to Haven if I hadn't asked for it.

We are seriously kicking around some ideas for people to help in the "off" fundraiser season if they want.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast