Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Step Over to the Dark Side...Have You Converted Anyone? How did you do it?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

same with mine

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I converted my friend Elliot to Stephen King withThe STAND...

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Thats swell, but have you converted anyone to The Dark Tower series?
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

It's only a matter of time..

It is part of my plan...

Excellent....

*twiddles fingers and laughs maniacally....*

He says he would like to read more.. This 70-80 some odd year old man wants me to convert him more. He's practically begging for it...

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker View Post
    This 70-80 some odd year old man wants me to convert him more. He's practically begging for it...
    Well, don't do ANYTHING to convert him...if you know what I mean...
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

My Mood
    Worried

I'd like to be a door-to-door salesperson for the dark tower series.

"Have you been saved....... from boredom?"

I would love to be paid to do that.

Gunslinger Apprentice Samanthita is on a distinguished road

My friend Andrew, he got sick of not knowing what I was talking about. He listened to them on audi tape.. now if only he would start doing tattoos, my problem would be solved.

My boyfriend is the same. He's sick of listening to me talk about them all the time, so he's going to read them. He tried to download the e-books but he didn't want to pay for them.
    Though, since he's reading the series, I apparently have to read a Warhammer book.. whatever. I need more to read, and I'm tired of not knowing what the hell he's always talking about.

Citizen of Gilead blackrose22 is on a distinguished road blackrose22's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've given up on trying to convert anyone. With three different friends who love to read I gave the first book to them at different times over the years and not one of them finished it. I told them if the found it tough going to finish it anyway and start the second one and then they would understand. But alas no they decide not to. Though one of my friends recently ask to read it again as he's a big Lost fan and heard that the writer/producer of Lost is suppose to be writing a script for a film adaptation.

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post

I would love to be paid to do that.
    You and I should approach Stephen King on the opportunities of door to door sales coversion.. more dark tower junkies! We'll be the senior representatives!

Goldmember Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolands_Father View Post
    Two friends, two teachers, one brother, one cousin, one neighbor, 3 co-workers....
    Wow!!!

Thats Very impressive! How did you do it!!!!
    I bought one of the friends DT1 as a birthday present. The other friend was in the hospital with an eating disorder so I gave her the whole series to read, she read it in two and a half weeks.

Mostly just bugging them until they read it. I havent had my complete set in a year and a half because I lend them out as fast as I get them back. One of the teachers was an ex-university literature teacher who had never touched SK because it was popular fiction. I wrote an essay for his class (he now teaches high school) about the series and instead of handing it too him in class I put it in his inbox wih DT1 and he's been hooked since.

THe three coworkers were huge HP fans that I always argued with about which series was better, my argument being that they had no way to compare until they read the series, since I had read both.
    You are a professional DT junkie maker.
    WOW! I forgot about this completely! MY younger brother is now getting close to the age where he might be old enough to start TDT (he's 13) so I may have to add another brother to the list soon.

Letti, I'm making that my member title.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

I wish I could convince more people to read it but when they hear it has 7 parts... *sigh*
    I have the same problem. I have a friend who's loathe to read any Stephen King novel because his books are "too long," but when I described the length of TDT to her she almost had an embolism.

My Mood
    Worried

Well just start them one by one then!

i figured if my friend would read a book that's 1000 some page long he might read the whole dark tower series :d

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rolands_Father View Post
    Two friends, two teachers, one brother, one cousin, one neighbor, 3 co-workers....
    Wow!!!

Thats Very impressive! How did you do it!!!!
    I bought one of the friends DT1 as a birthday present. The other friend was in the hospital with an eating disorder so I gave her the whole series to read, she read it in two and a half weeks.

Mostly just bugging them until they read it. I havent had my complete set in a year and a half because I lend them out as fast as I get them back. One of the teachers was an ex-university literature teacher who had never touched SK because it was popular fiction. I wrote an essay for his class (he now teaches high school) about the series and instead of handing it too him in class I put it in his inbox wih DT1 and he's been hooked since.

THe three coworkers were huge HP fans that I always argued with about which series was better, my argument being that they had no way to compare until they read the series, since I had read both.
    You are a professional DT junkie maker.
    WOW! I forgot about this completely! MY younger brother is now getting close to the age where he might be old enough to start TDT (he's 13) so I may have to add another brother to the list soon.

Letti, I'm making that my member title.
    Perfect choice. I am happy to see it. *smiles*

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post
    I wish I could convince more people to read it but when they hear it has 7 parts... *sigh*
    I have the same problem. I have a friend who's loathe to read any Stephen King novel because his books are "too long," but when I described the length of TDT to her she almost had an embolism.
    Maybe we shouldn't tell them that it's a series.
    Maybe we should give them the first book and say: "Hey, it's such a damn good book. If you can read it you are a genious because it's not easy to read it. Prove yourself that you are a deep soul and fight with it because it such a fucking great book."
    And when they finish it and give it back with confused expression on their faces we can tell them the secret...

Ehhh, this fight is hopeless to me.

Roland would have understood.

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe we should give them the first book and say: "Hey, it's such a damn good book. If you can read it you are a genious because it's not easy to read it. Prove yourself that you are a deep soul and fight with it because it such a fucking great book."
    And when they finish it and give it back with confused expression on their faces we can tell them the secret...

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post

*laughs*

Roland would have understood.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

I convinced a guy in another forum I visit [a guitar player's forum] to give the books a shot. He started last fall and is currently in the Callas. He's loving the series. I couldn't get any friends to get past DT1, but a total stranger I have all the way to DT5 and he will def finish. He's even started using some of the lingo ["on the path of the beam" "may it do ya fine" etc].

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Not for lack of trying. I tell everybody about it. I'm also involved in some projects to help make King academically viable. People need to know how good this stuff is.

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

YESSSSSSSS!

I've finally convinced someone, almost singularly with my persuasive prowess, to start reading this series.

She loved Book II!

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    Not for lack of trying. I tell everybody about it. I'm also involved in some projects to help make King academically viable. People need to know how good this stuff is.
    i tried to work DT into my academic work as well, in addition to other things from popular culture which i felt expressed the same metaphors as the religious myths i was studying.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I'll just start disowning any friend that won't read The Dark Tower.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember Míchéal is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

i'm trying to get the girlfriend into DT but i kind've put her off it by constantly talking about it when i was reading them...ooops.

Goldmember Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Letti swears? :O

Its not hopeless, takes a little luck and very good nagger.

Goldmember Míchéal is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

i been nagging the girlfriend for over e year...she's stubborn

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Letti swears? :O

Not often, but them Hungarians have curse words that make our language sound downright puritanical.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast