Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: And the Best Movie of All Time is... *drumroll*

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default And the Best Movie of All Time is... *drumroll*

Ladies & Gents, the Best Movie of All Time!

It mowed through it's competition in the group stages, and it had a dazzling performance in the knock-out stages, hinting at how powerful and grasping this movie truly is.

I want to thank everyone who voted in the competition, and I have to say that I'm coming away with this tournament hosting experience with virtually nothing but positive things. I have a few more ideas running around in my head for those who think they'll suffer from voting withdrawal , and I hope to have you guys voting in those tournaments as well if I ever get them off the ground.

Once again, thank you for everyone that made this such an awesome and rewarding experience! You guys are the best!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Feev - Personally, I want to thank YOU for all you did in running the BMOAT threads and polls and all that!

It was great fun and there's no way it would have been that way without your hard work and dedication.

THANK YOU, FEEV!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

cool
    that is certainly a contender, what I consider the best movie of all time has a rule that I cant talk about it...
    any idea what 2nd n 3rd place were?
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, it's just a good, sound, if somewhat mediocre, movie that didn't bring about much controversy or disagreement... that's why it is the winner. It's like "The Best of" some musician: you never find your favorites there, but what is included is guaranteed to satisfy everybody to an extent, and not to produce astonishment, shock, or bad feelings.

Gr gr gr

On the bright site, I second what Pam said about feverish! Great job, very well done!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I guess second would have to be Empire, since it was in the final against Shawshank.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks everyone

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Seriously, this was really cool. Thanks for putting it together sugar pop.

I actually consider this movie in my top 5 for sure. Wonderful!
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Thanks for all your hard work with this Feev. It was alot of fun.
    I can't wait to see what's up next.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Yes I too think you did a great thing with this competition. Thanks!
    I am amazed it won over PULP FICTION tho'

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And I'm sad it won over Empire.

I'm not surpriesed though. Shawshank IS a great movie, and this IS a Stephen King fan site.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

touche' Sam, and Sai Kings stories are by far IMO the very best of all.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

I'll stick with what I've been saying all along... Feev is the man. Great job seeing this through to the end.

Kvothe The Bloodless SigTauGimp is on a distinguished road SigTauGimp's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Well done.

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

Were you there to see the Bear?
    YouTube

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

We should do a Worst Movie of all Time Tournament!
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Gunslinger Apprentice The Cosmic Geek is on a distinguished road

I LOVE Shawshank Redemption. Incredible movie.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

As much as I absolutely LOVE the shawshank redemption, and always seem to watch it whenever and wherever it comes on I have to say (including literary concerns) that the LOTR was the best!!!!!

Kill Me!!!! lol lol

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

u did great feev. i know u can't make everyone happy bc that's just impossible. but i believe most will be happy with this choice, because it was a great film
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    We should do a Worst Movie of all Time Tournament!
    Two nominees already:
    The English Patient
    The Mosquito Coast

But are horrid little films that bored me to real tears.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Country
    Country Flag

pretty woman....kill me please
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Seriously, this was really cool. Thanks for putting it together sugar pop.

I actually consider this movie in my top 5 for sure. Wonderful!

yes, sugarpop lurve, thank you thank you

and congrats to Shawshank. It finally got the love it deserves. Hope is a wonderful thing. It got the smack down at the Oscars against Forrest Gump and Pulp Fiction but comes roaring back in BMOAT! YAY!

woot! mega!

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    and congrats to Shawshank. It finally got the love it deserves. Hope is a wonderful thing. It got the smack down at the Oscars against Forrest Gump and Pulp Fiction but comes roaring back in BMOAT! YAY!
    I thought Pulp Fiction only won an Oscar for Best Original Screenplay which Shawshank wouldn't be eligible for anyway as it's an adaptation. I agree that it is better than Gump and that movie took all the awards that year. Oh well.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I got to defend Gump some day.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice Django is on a distinguished road Django's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good job, Feev! Good job voters!

Unlikely winner perhaps, but a great film nevertheless. I find it hard not to shed a tear each time I see the beach scene. Ah...

Country
    Country Flag

i think its funny how a king adaption wins bmoat. kinda fits in well on a site like this
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

feev you did an amazing job with all of this.
    keeping track of it all, posting all the voting, tallying everything up, not letting anything fall through the cracks.
    thank for taking the time and energy to do this for us. it was fun and i hope you think up something else soon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast