Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do we like being scared?

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Ebola is frightening for me.

Going down stairs and not being able to see my feet scares me as well because I broke my foot going down the stairs before and I thought I was missing one step on the stairs and I missed two...

Citizen of Gilead Ka-tet is on a distinguished road Ka-tet's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Fear-What scares you deep down?

Spiders, i am scared shitless of spiders.
    Losing my girlfriend, thats what scares me most of all.
    If you love me, then love me-Susan of mejis
    See the turtle, aint he keen? All things serve the fucking beam-Eddie of NewYork
    You burn prettily-Corwin of Amber

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I really try to steer clear of "scary" movies. They...well...scare me. And I don't find this a particularly pleasant sensation. But when I say scary I'm talking about, as Alinda said, the "jump out and scare you man" thing. I don't like having my heart skip beats. I'd prefer to watch movies that are creepy rather than "scary" if you catch my meaning. The Blair Witch Project was creepy. Friday the 13th is scary.

If we're just talking about things that scare us I'd have to put castration up near the top of the list. Being killed and eaten by an animal is near the top too...a shark, gator, mostly a large snake. (snakes in general scare me) But probably the one thing that scares me more than anything else is the thought of one of my children being "abducted". Jesus, what a nightmare.

Speaking of nightmares I used to have a terrible nightmare when I was a kid about an insane person breaking into my house and trying to kill me. I'd be sitting in bed and I'd hear him giggling on the other side of the door, scraping it with a knife, whispering to me...telling me he was going to come in and get me and that I may as well just unlock the door and let him in because if I didn't it was just going to make it worse for me. Yeah...homicidal maniacs freak me out. Vampires, zombies, ghosts, and what not spook me but the reality of psycho killers trump these things any day of the week.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

When it comes to films, there's not much that'll scare me. If some crazy killer suddenly jumps out of the shadows, I'll jump just in reflex, but it's not scary to me.
    In real life, I know this is kinda silly, but moths freak me out for some reason. I can't stand it if one even comes close to me. And I absolutely hate it if one ever gets into the house.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Bright, Shiny people named Todd scare me

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Cozner, I cant believe you remember what I said months ago.....but yeah
    that "boo" factor, gets ya everytime huh?
    The rest you mentioned ....man, your scaring me!

Quote Originally Posted by Cozener View Post
    sensation. as Alinda said, the "jump out and scare you man" thing. I don't like having my heart skip beats.
    If we're just talking about things that scare us I'd have to put castration up near the top of the list. .

but the reality of psycho killers trump these things any day of the week.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Citizen of Gilead Ka-tet is on a distinguished road Ka-tet's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cozner said
    Speaking of nightmares I used to have a terrible nightmare when I was a kid about an insane person breaking into my house and trying to kill me. I'd be sitting in bed and I'd hear him giggling on the other side of the door, scraping it with a knife, whispering to me...telling me he was going to come in and get me and that I may as well just unlock the door and let him in because if I didn't it was just going to make it worse for me. Yeah...homicidal maniacs freak me out. Vampires, zombies, ghosts, and what not spook me but the reality of psycho killers trump these things any day of the week.
    Holy shit

And movie wise there isnt much that will scare me, same book wise. Although pet semitary scared me, its been a while but...
    Spoiler:
    the part with the wendigo was it? that scared me shitless i wouldnt even get up for a drink before i went to sleep
    If you love me, then love me-Susan of mejis
    See the turtle, aint he keen? All things serve the fucking beam-Eddie of NewYork
    You burn prettily-Corwin of Amber

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In real life, what scares me the most is the thought of losing another child. My biggest fear is that another child of mine will die and that would kill me

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

The thought of losing any of my loved ones scares me....but especially my sister.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Imagine there's no heaven... no after-life... THAT is terrifying to me.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker View Post
    Imagine there's no heaven... no after-life... THAT is terrifying to me.

It's easy if you try
    No hell below us
    Above us only sky

Sorry, I had to.

I have a morbid fear of anyone I care about being out of my sight. After more than an hour of unexpected absence my mind begins weaving intricate plots of some great horrible SOMETHING that happened to them.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Worried

Yeah I think it's funny how John Lennon speaks of if we don't believe in heaven then the whole world will live as one...

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I have a morbid fear of anyone I care about being out of my sight. After more than an hour of unexpected absence my mind begins weaving intricate plots of some great horrible SOMETHING that happened to them.
    absolutely the same. And it's getting worse with years, although only a few years ago I could have sworn it couldn't get any worse.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Though I have very little creativity artistically it's scary how inventive my mind gets when it comes to this.

Yeah I think it's funny how John Lennon speaks of if we don't believe in heaven then the whole world will live as one...
    With no disrespect intended to those who are religious, perhaps if people stopped focusing about where they're going to go (whether there's a god or not) we could get a little closer to a "heaven" here on earth.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Be here now

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

okay

If you rescue me

John F. Kennedy susie is on a distinguished road susie's Avatar

when i was ten i dreamed that my younger brother was tortured in front of me. nothing will ever be as scary as the thought of being that helpless, to not be able to save the small person who trusts/loves you completely (like your child, or baby sibling)!

the second scariest thing: when my dad went crazy and i saw his "real" face. i think that made me appreciate stephen king's works more (haha), because his descriptions of insanity seem right on. XD but it freaks me out, the idea of someone you know having a secret face under his face.

and a third scary thing: the house of leaves. that book scares the shit out of me. a house being bigger on the inside than the outside... *weeps*
    "where the road is dark and the seed is sowed
    where the gun is cocked and the bullets cold
    where the miles are marked in the blood and gold
    i'll meet you further on up the road"
    -themaninblack

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Though I have very little creativity artistically it's scary how inventive my mind gets when it comes to this.

With no disrespect intended to those who are religious, perhaps if people stopped focusing about where they're going to go (whether there's a god or not) we could get a little closer to a "heaven" here on earth.
    No offense intended to anyone at all, but a lot of people without heaven as a goal will just do whatever they want with no fear of repercussions.... Which is very very sad...

I personally try to make everyone's life better whether there is an ultimate win or not but do I ever hope there is.... On a more personal note, I feel like I'm here to make a difference. I wonder if there's more people in this world that feel that way....

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

Default What do you fear?

"The scariest, most terrifying thing that I fear?"
    "Yes."
    "My Imagination."
    "I thought you were going to say "Fear, itself."
    "Then you have a small imagination."
    • Roland and Eddie

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

spiders
    running out of chocolate
    Last edited by The Lady of Shadows; 05-30-2008 at 07:56 PM. Reason: okay, that got a little too serious.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post
    spiders
    someone hurting my goddaughter the way i was hurt
    being found
    the horror...the horror...
    I hate spiders. freked out last year when i we found a bunch of black widows in Marketing class (that would be the second run-in with them)

learn about the first time in the ocd thread.

John F. Kennedy darkchar is on a distinguished road darkchar's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Crazy monkeys loose in my kitchen. Monkeys sitting on top my fridge throwing and breaking things.

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Snakes!
    Creepy crawly sneaky snakes...
    EEEEK!

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by darkchar View Post
    Crazy monkeys loose in my kitchen. Monkeys sitting on top my fridge throwing and breaking things.
    so. first of all - welcome to palaver. it's great to have you here.

now, i just have to ask. has this actually happened? or are you just afraid of it happening?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast