Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Why do we like being scared?

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JQ The Gunslinger View Post
    In a book that scared me

Spoiler:
    In Insomnia when Ralph and Lois are in Atropos's lair, and there looking at all of his possesions, and they instantly know how the person died. And Ralph sees a sneaker, and sees that a little boy dropped to the bottom of a well, and his last thought was about ice cream, that was just too creepy for me.
    I remember reading something similiar in The Stand.

My biggest fear right now is not being able to find a new job before my current one goes away and losing nearly everything I've worked for over the past decade.

Gunslinger Apprentice The Cosmic Geek is on a distinguished road

I was reading Dracula in high school and it was when Harker crept into Dracula's lair, opened his coffin and was going to kill him with the shovel. I was so into this scene and so absorbed in it that, when I read Dracula suddenly opens his eyes my phone rang at that exact same moment and I jumped off my bed in a good scare.

Was a great moment.

Traveler college_ewok is on a distinguished road college_ewok's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Im scared of being kidnapped and them burying me alive, i have dreams where i cant scream and I'm tied up and their shovling dirt on top of me, and I just know it want be long and I want be able to breath.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Drowning. I sometimes dream I am drowning and when I wake up I'm holding my breath. Weird when that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cosmic Geek View Post
    Drowning. I sometimes dream I am drowning and when I wake up I'm holding my breath. Weird when that happens.
    Same here. Do you think its related to sleep apnia*?

*I just realized I've never seen this in print and have no idea how to spell it.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Much obliged my friend.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

No problem! Look up there's more.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Further obliged my friend. And no, I will not let you examine me the next time we hang out.

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cosmic Geek View Post
    Same here. Do you think its related to sleep apnia*?

*I just realized I've never seen this in print and have no idea how to spell it.

I honestly don't know. It hasn't happened in a long time, but it is really strange when it does happen.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

It's apnea, Ryan.

<snip>

There definitely appears to be a correlation of some sort there. This is just from a cursory search though.
    Further obliged my friend. And no, I will not let you examine me the next time we hang out.
    oh the things i could say here. . . .

all i will say is that i could think of a few people who would volunteer to examine you ryan. and they probably wouldn't charge you a cent.

i'm sure all brice would charge is your soul.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

As much as I like you, Ryan I think I'll leave the examining to the obscurejude fan club.

Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post
    It's apnea, Ryan.

<snip>

There definitely appears to be a correlation of some sort there. This is just from a cursory search though.

all i will say is that i could think of a few people who would volunteer to examine you ryan. and they probably wouldn't charge you a cent.

i'm sure all brice would charge is your soul.

^^^^^

If you rescue me

Traveler college_ewok is on a distinguished road college_ewok's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You Still On Ryan?

Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post

P

Quote Originally Posted by college_ewok View Post
    You Still On Ryan?
    I am now. What's up Erin?

Forgetful Fantasy-Maker Tiffany is on a distinguished road Tiffany's Avatar

Toronto, Ontario (but I'll probably always call Texas home).
    Country
    Country Flag

I've had a number of friends die over the past 10 years or so. Almost all of the deaths were car accidents or drunk driving or overdoses...that kind of thing. And the same goes for a few cousins.
    A few years back, a good friend of mine died very suddenly of a serious heart attack at the age of 34. Since then, my biggest fear is that Justin will suddenly die.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”-Mark Twain

Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me....Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.
    -Shel Silverstein

Look out! Lily-sai is on a distinguished road Lily-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What I'm definitely most scared of, is becoming blind. Ack! You see, I'm profoundly deaf, been since I was born. I use sign language and I live a perfectly normal life. But if I would become blind.. I simply wouldn't have a will to live anymore. Two main senses gone, and having to be completely dependent of other people's help. I know, you can get used to it, but.. Just no, no, no. It would be like being buried alive. Just IMO. Or maybe I'm just a weak person. =P

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9