Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2009: Overview of the results so far (Round 2)

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'm very excited to see The Long Walk in there. I was really worried that it wasn't going to make it, so I'm very happy it's still in the running.

And I guess I'm the only one surprised to see DoTT as number 1. I know it's not over yet, but I really expected it to be The Stand and It as 1 & 2.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    So any surprises with the Top Ten, guys? Any book you wish had made it?
    no Duma Key?!

no Desperation??!!

no Misery???!!!

no Wolves????!!!!

no Black House, for God's sake????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wolves just missed out on the tenth spot by mere 0.000569098, which is astonishingly small But, on the other hand, great job by The Shining to move all the way from 15th to take the last spot. Black House didn't really have much of a chance, being in 17th place, and only gaining 0.47% in the 2nd Round. Not to mention Desperation, which sat at a whopping number 28. Duma Key was the other displaced book, making way for The Green Mile. Being 10th going into the 2nd Round, Duma Key really had no room for error, and had to gain points, not lose them. It did just that by losing 0.77% and so it fell out. And Misery, despite gaining a hefty 1.09% remained in its 12th seat.

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really like Hearts in Atlantis.

And The Running Man is hugely underrated or at least underappreciated. (or underread) It's what TV is turning into. Seriously.
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

Beauty Effulgent KaLikeAWheel is on a distinguished road KaLikeAWheel's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm surprised The Long Walk made it. I, personally, love the story, but think I would have rather seen Misery (or Insomnia ::whimperspleasedon'thurtme:: ) in there.

Donna

"What can I tell you, baby? I've always been bad."--Spike

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I kinda would have liked to see Bag of Bones in the top ten!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    And I guess I'm the only one surprised to see DoTT as number 1. I know it's not over yet, but I really expected it to be The Stand and It as 1 & 2.
    I would have as well, but then again, this is a DT forum so I wasn't too surprised to see everyone's favorite DT book atop the list.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

With the amount of votes this thing took in, it's a pretty clear indication of how the community feels for sure.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not surprised about DT2. It's the epitome of King's writing, I believe. It was written at his peak of creativity (if you'll recall Round 1, Bracket 5 was the one containing DT2 and four other books from the mid to late 1980s - every book in that bracket made it into Round 2, a winner, a runner-up, and three wildcards).

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If I am not mistaken, he has also stated that it is the favorite book of all of his children. I am surprised, but not because it doesnt deserve to be there. I am surprised that it was able to overcome the bandwagon of The Stand.
    Heng Dai

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3