Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2009: Overview of the results so far (Round 2)

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's not that they voted once, but that they selected more than one option in each voting field, which nullifies all of their votes. So those numbers are taken from each voting selection, but I cannot remove the fact that they voted in the first place, so it will still say that more people voted than the number we ended up using. Essentially, due to the limitations of the board it is inaccurate, while the spreadsheet that I keep has all of the correct numbers.
    Heng Dai

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Preliminary Group 3 results are posted now.

Country
    Country Flag

I have about half of the scoring compiled for group three. Shouldnt be long before I post the results.
    Heng Dai

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The first two posts in this thread have been fully updated with Aaron's Group 3 data.

Country
    Country Flag

Also just added a second table to the second post here, a percentage points change table that'll enable us to quickly see just how books improved or worsened their standing. When the 2nd Round concludes, I'll also add the number of spots the book dropped or advanced.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Very interesting, Thanks Pablo.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Preliminary results for Group 4 have been posted.

Country
    Country Flag

Group 4 scores are up. The Drawing of the Three just squeaked into the #1 position.
    Heng Dai

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

WOOHOO!!
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Group 4 scores are up. The Drawing of the Three just squeaked into the #1 position.
    Over It?

Country
    Country Flag

The first two posts have been updated. DT2 is indeed in first place over It by 0.045524297 points or just 0.60%. Remember these are still not the final standings. That's what Round 3 is for.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe but still...
    Makes me wonder how The Stand shall do. IT was clearly a better story to me, but not to everyone. Of course The STand surpasses them all for me.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

I've been wondering the same thing.

Country
    Country Flag

It's obvious that the top three will very likely be DT2, It, and The Stand. We'll see what the order will be like. I'd be very surprised if any of these will be bumped off to the fourth spot.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

As it should be imo.

Country
    Country Flag

The preliminary results for the last two rounds are now up in the first post. Awaiting Aaron's final scores for these books, and Round 2 is done! On to the 3rd round!

Country
    Country Flag

I will likely post all of the scores for the last two groups tomorrow. I have been holding the scores for group 5 back so that we can have a better reveal of the top ten.
    Heng Dai

Country
    Country Flag

Okay, Round 2 has now ended and the results are in. For the individual scores for the books in voting groups five and six, you can refer to the first post of the closed threads/polls, or you can refer to pablo's table once it is updated. The exciting part, of course, is that we now have our top ten books that will be moving on to our third and final round. They are listed as follows, with their current total scores from highest to lowest.

1. The Drawing of the Three 7.533333333

2. The Stand 7.525725232

3. IT 7.487809036

4. The Waste Lands 7.322916667

5. The Dark Tower (DT7) 7.293040293

6. The Talisman 7.277326108

7. Different Seasons 7.209375

8. The Green Mile 7.190527065

9. The Long Walk 7.1490952

10. The Shining 7.133188875

So there you have it. Round three will be the "Re-Read Face Off Round". Each book in the top ten will go head to head with the other nine in a series of polls. The voting will be very simple. Out of the two books competing in the poll, you select which of the two you would rather re-read, given the choice. These polls will last for one week. At the end of the round the winner of each poll will receive 0.1 added to their score. This means that any book has the potential to raise its overall score by up to 0.9. Round 3 will begin February 9th.
    Heng Dai

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Woohoo!! DotT...I can't believe it made it this far.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Woohoo!! DotT...I can't believe it made it this far.
    You can't? I figured the DT books would go far (considering this is a DT forum) and DoTT usually seems to be the consensus pick as favorite DT book (I sure as hell know it's mine) so I'm not surprised at all. In fact, the top 3 looks exactly as I expected it would.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I was concerned that the books viewed as individuals would get lost to the big one's like The Stand and IT.

But I agree, the final list looks exactly as I would have liked it to be. With the amount of votes this thing has gotten...should be a good indication.

Country
    Country Flag

Posts one and two of this thread have been updated. Now to rearrange the table according to Round 2 standings... Need more coffee!

Country
    Country Flag

The table has been sorted. You can now see the complete standings for Round 2 from #1 to #30, and in the second table how each book changed its standing from one round to the other.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

This is expected news to be sure , in fact it is exactly as I would have picked it my self!
    *pats self on the back*

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Country
    Country Flag

So any surprises with the Top Ten, guys? Any book you wish had made it? Any book you wish hadn't? Personally, I'm kinda miffed Pet Sematary missed out.

By the way, if you look at the second table in this thread, the one with all the changes in the standings, it's curious to note that two books made it into the Top Ten from being on the outside, and two books thus fell out: The Shining and The Green Mile got in, displacing Wolves of the Calla and Duma Key.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast