Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the Best Movie of All Time?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Empire Strikes Back

12 38.71%
  • The Shawshank Redemption

19 61.29%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: BMOAT - FINAL!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default BMOAT - FINAL!

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

All those tough choices, and it comes down to a fast, simple answer.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It won't be so simple for some of the others.... myself included

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Simple choice for me.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

same for me
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

No offence intended , but these are the two finals?

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

http://www.empireonline.com/500/96.asp

Look at numbers 3 and 4.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I am stunned, but ok....if I have to choose which one I think is the "better film" here, and I dont happen to be a fan of the films, I'd vote Star Wars. If it were on the other hand a personal choice (which film I'd rather watch) Shawshank hands down.

The answer is within

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    No offence intended , but these are the two finals?
    Yeah, I'm with ya there. After this is all done, I'll find some "best of" lists from around the web and media and see how we chose compared to them, just for fun.

About the final itself, I mean, this IS a Stephen King site, what do you think is gonna win?

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know who I voted for, BUT... neither of these films is in my short list for BMOAT. Empire is in my top ten, but it ain't #1 now or ever and Shawshank is even farther down the list.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

how the hell did this happen?

i demand a recount haha
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

These are definitely not my top two movies of all time

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

me neither... but I'm still gonna vote!
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
    Yeah, I'm with ya there. After this is all done, I'll find some "best of" lists from around the web and media and see how we chose compared to them, just for fun.
    About %90 of the movies that made it to the post season in our tournament are within the first 50 of Empire's Top 500 Movies of all Time. (check the link I provided above)

The Shawshank Redemption and The Empire Strikes Back are 4th and 3rd place, respectively, so this final is not as farfetched as some may think.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
    About %90 of the movies that made it to the post season in our tournament are within the first 50 of Empire's Top 500 Movies of all Time. (check the link I provided above)

The Shawshank Redemption and The Empire Strikes Back are 4th and 3rd place, respectively, so this final is not as farfetched as some may think.
    I wasn't surprised at all. Both titles have extreme gravitas but for different reasons.

Everybody should vote, even if these aren't their personal favorites.

For me, I had to go with Empire Strikes Back.

Country
    Country Flag

Empire's top 500 movies of all time is off too in my opinion. Jaws certainly ranks in the top ten since it had such a huge impact on the current movie world. It was the first huge summer blockbuster in a world without summer blockbusters. But Shawshank and Empire Strikes Back above Jaws, no. And this is coming from a HUGE Star Wars nut who can quote damn near the entire original trilogy.

Raiders of the Lost Ark is #2? and The fucking Godfather at #1?!? That list needs some serious renovations.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

My Mood
    In Love

*snicker* yeah Clockwork and Pulp Fiction am I right ?

The answer is within

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

yeah here's my thought on that. if everythign were put aside. how they affected future movies, etc, and compared them, how would yo rate them? btw that means if night of the living dead affected so many movies, then it can be the only zombie film (unless there was an earlier oen that didn't infuence it).

If I think something is boring, I'm not gonna say it's one of the best films of all time, just because it influenced great films. that gives it a high ranking, but it's not The Shit.
    (btw you can probably guess, Jaws didn't do anythign for me)

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I find these as the top two a bit surprising, myself. Though I definitely see Empire in the top five, I wouldn't have placed Shawshank there at all. And let's be honest, The Godfather Part II beats the original everytime. Hands down.
    Heng Dai

Country
    Country Flag

I would have put Empire in my top ten for sure, but from an entertainment AND affect on the industry stand point I'm not sure where it would land. I rather think Jaws would be in the top ten as well. I wish you could have seen it Razz (heck I wish I could have too). From what I was told, Jaws had people so afraid of the water that they were scared of getting in the tub. Now THAT"S an impact. But then you've got films like Gojira and Dr. No that have created film franchises that continue to this day. Oh well.

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

Shawshank is my BMOAT, though I voted Empire through most of the contest.

"As for gunslingers, Roland," Cuthbert says, "I am here. And we are the last."

When two fit, it makes you think
    I got the cute one, my woman
    She says, "Lovin's all I bring"
    And it's her loving that's a wonderful thing.
    Lovin' yes we are, it's such a wonderful thing
    When two fit it makes you think
    See us both in the black
    She lays on me so relaxed.
    -Big D and The Kids Table

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I love Shawshank, but my love for Star Wars is stronger. So...Empire.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Empire wouldn't make MY top 100...or even top 1,000.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

...and it is my favorite of the Star Wars movies.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast