Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 400 of 430 FirstFirst ... 300 350 390 398 399 400 401 402 410 ... LastLast
Results 9,976 to 10,000 of 10740

Thread: Introduce yourself

Traveler Sharo is a jewel in the rough Sharo is a jewel in the rough Sharo is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharo View Post
    Hope everybody's doing well tonight! Currently rereading Wolves of the Calla and writing a ton, drawing a little. I'm glad to know there's still an active Dark Tower community online!

My name is Sharo and I've been here before.
    Welcome back!
    Thank you!

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Hope everybody's doing well tonight! Currently rereading Wolves of the Calla and writing a ton, drawing a little. I'm glad to know there's still an active Dark Tower community online!

Welcome back, Sharo. Glad to see the tower still calls your name.

Traveler Sharo is a jewel in the rough Sharo is a jewel in the rough Sharo is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post

Welcome back, Sharo. Glad to see the tower still calls your name.
    But of course! The Tower doesn't sleep, she just goes on decade-long depression hiatuses. I'm looking forward to getting some book recs too, I haven't read any new King novels since Lisey's Story and Wind Through the Keyhole.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Duma Key

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Duma Key
    You know, that's the second time this week that book's been recommended to me, so I'm going to HAVE to read it once I'm done with my Dark Tower re-read!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Duma Key
    You know, that's the second time this week that book's been recommended to me, so I'm going to HAVE to read it once I'm done with my Dark Tower re-read!
    Awesome book. One of the best modern King novels if you will.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Didn't learn your lesson eh?
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post

Didn't learn your lesson eh?
    You know what they say about absence and the heart, lmao! To be completely fair, I wasn't here long, and it was a bit over a decade back, haha.

Traveler sgtfury1984 will become famous soon enough sgtfury1984 will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Good evening folks. My name is Wayne, but I have gone by sgtfury1984 online for years. For some reason the gamer tag or username Roland Deschain is always taken. Imagine that! Lol.

How did you discover the Dark Tower? I originally heard about the series back during my school days. A friend who mentioned reading it passed away in an accident shortly after and for many years I wasn’t willing to dive in. He and I would always swap copies of SK paperbacks. Eventually I became aware of the connections throughout the SK universe and when my first child was born I made my first trip to the DT during those many sleepless nights to honor my friend.

Who is your favorite character? Roland. As a career military man I was always drawn to him and the weight he carries.

What is your favorite book? Outside of the DT series my favorite book is The Stand, which is connected. I read it many times before picking up The Gunslinger. Also as a career military man unfortunately I can see Uncle Sam screwing up like this.

How old are you? I’m 34 and quickly approaching a decent view near the top of this hill. Time is a funny thing. It really sped up on us after starting a family. Right now I’m holding tight and enjoying the ride. I retired young, so there’s a decent amount of time to enjoy reading, hobbies, and most important my children.

Where are you from? Raised in Eastern Kentucky in the middle of nowhere. As a young reader I was given a bag of paperbacks and read Pet Sematary followed by David Morrell’s Testament. I haven’t been right since! That was some heavy material for my age at the time. We currently reside in the mountains of North Cackalacky.

Do you have a nickname? A lot of folks call me Sarge within various forums and gaming communities.

How did you find this site? After a handful of brief Twitter interactions I asked Bev Vincent about advice for obtaining a legitimate signed book for my collection. I nearly purchased a forgery. That conversation led here, and there’s a nice addition to my bookshelf arriving soon from another member! I’m a lurker by nature... but as I make my 2019 trip to the DT I look forward to settling in here and occasionally chatting with other readers.

Thank you.

Along the Path of the Beam picon3 will become famous soon enough

Default An Introduction

Hello All,
    I am a long time collector of Stephen King's work dating back to my very first book I bought with my own money, Pet Sematary in late 1983. That book is one of his best and I just listened to it on audiobook (unabridged) again. What was interesting at the time in 1983 was there was a listing for a book in the previous works by the author list that I had never heard of, The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger. I managed to find a copy at my local library (an original Grant version at the time as there were no reprints with all the usual library stamps) but it really transported me into a different world. And the rest is history. I did all the usual King things. Wrote to him and had books signed through the mail (that was amazing), flew to Bangor for the private signing at Bett's books when Stu was there in 1998. I kinda' ran out of gas with book collecting in 2010, but recently started pulling them out again.
    That's the story so far. Glad to be on board. Paul~
    Last edited by picon3; 02-28-2019 at 06:06 PM. Reason: typo

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, one and all.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, guys!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome all
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sgtfury1984 View Post

How did you discover the Dark Tower? I originally heard about the series back during my school days. A friend who mentioned reading it passed away in an accident shortly after and for many years I wasn’t willing to dive in. He and I would always swap copies of SK paperbacks. Eventually I became aware of the connections throughout the SK universe and when my first child was born I made my first trip to the DT during those many sleepless nights to honor my friend.
    I'm sorry about your friend, but that is a very cool story of how you "honored" him. It's also gotta be pretty neat for you to have the experience of reading it sort of wrapped up with the birth of your child.

Welcome to the site.

Quote Originally Posted by picon3 View Post
    Hello All,
    What was interesting at the time in 1983 was there was a listing for a book in the previous works by the author list that I had never heard of, The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger. I managed to find a copy at my local library (an original Grant version at the time as there were no reprints with all the usual library stamps) but it really transported me into a different world.
    That's the story so far. Glad to be on board. Paul~
    Man, no kidding about the different world comment. haha

We're glad to have you on board. I hope you like it around here.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Welcome everybody. for people who came back, welcome back. For the new faces, glad you stopped in and hope you sit for a spell.

So here's the next part of my DT story. So I read the copy that I found in the library, thought it was great, but then didn't see anything in follow up for years. So one day, I'm reading Comics Buyers Guide and I see an ad for an upcoming sale for what appeared to be the signed/limited editions (#238/500) of DT 2 and 3. This would have been about 1991 or so. So I was the winner (I think I paid $125 each for them). Then I get a call from the guy I bought them from that he has a DT 1 (1st) and would I be interested in buying it. Of course I said, so now I had at least a partial set of S/L with a very nice copy of DT 1 (I ordered a replacement dustjacket directly from Grant about this time; this was back in the day when they had them. I might have paid $10 for it). More to follow. Paul~

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

That's awesome. A great DT story. If you could find the rest, you would be rare company by having a complete set. Looking forward to the rest of your story.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to all the new members..!

So here's the next part of my DT story. So I read the copy that I found in the library, thought it was great, but then didn't see anything in follow up for years. So one day, I'm reading Comics Buyers Guide and I see an ad for an upcoming sale for what appeared to be the signed/limited editions (#238/500) of DT 2 and 3. This would have been about 1991 or so. So I was the winner (I think I paid $125 each for them). Then I get a call from the guy I bought them from that he has a DT 1 (1st) and would I be interested in buying it. Of course I said, so now I had at least a partial set of S/L with a very nice copy of DT 1 (I ordered a replacement dustjacket directly from Grant about this time; this was back in the day when they had them. I might have paid $10 for it). More to follow. Paul~
    So time goes by and I see that Grant is distributing The Dark Tower 4: Wizards and Glass through channels like Barnes and Noble which is where I bought my copy (1st Grant Trade Edition) in 1997. So now I had Dark Tower: The Gunslinger and Dark Tower 4: Wizards and Glass in 1st edition trade hardcover (both published by Donald Grant) with the two signed limited editions (#238/500) in between. So on my trip to Bett's in 1998 for the Bag of Bones signing at his store, I decided to sell the two signed/limiteds and pick up the two trade editions so I would have a matched set (all first edition trades). At that point, I had given up on ever finding the matching DT 1 (#238/500) and at the time I got a great deal from Stu Tinker (I had picked up a copy of Rage in a used bookstore in Portland on my way to Bangor; flawless first edition; I think I paid $1 for it). More to follow. Paul~
    Last edited by picon3; 03-02-2019 at 06:04 PM. Reason: typo

Traveler Erickaspicer will become famous soon enough Erickaspicer will become famous soon enough

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    I began reading King at 8 yrs old. My first was christine. But I didnt get dark tower until i was on bedrest with my second child. I needed books. My mom brought them to me.
    Who is your favorite character?
    Roland.
    What is your favorite book?
    The Gunslinger
    How old are you?
    46 last Feb 18th
    Where are you from?
    Small town southern illinois
    do you have a nickname?
    Spice and ricci
    how did you find this site?
    I am a member of the stephen king first editions group on ebay. This was recommended for us

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey...3 new folks!

WELCOME!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

So time goes by and I see that Grant is distributing The Dark Tower 4: Wizards and Glass through channels like Barnes and Noble which is where I bought my copy (1st Grant Trade Edition) in 1997. So now I had Dark Tower: The Gunslinger and Dark Tower 4: Wizards and Glass in 1st edition trade hardcover (both published by Donald Grant) with the two signed limited editions (#238/500) in between. So on my trip to Bett's in 1998 for the Bag of Bones signing at his store, I decided to sell the two signed/limiteds and pick up the two trade editions so I would have a matched set (all first edition trades). At that point, I had given up on ever finding the matching DT 1 (#238/500) and at the time I got a great deal from Stu Tinker (I had picked up a copy of Rage in a used bookstore in Portland on my way to Bangor; flawless first edition; I think I paid $1 for it). More to follow. Paul~
    At some point after his near fatal accident with a mini-van, King announced that he was going to finish the Dark Tower. I bought #5, #6, and #7 as the artists editions directly from Grant. Then there was the revised Little Sisters of Eluria and the Wind Through the Keyhole which I also bought directly from Grant leaving me with a set of Dark Towers (all first editions) with the first four volumes signed by both Stephen and the artist and #5, #6, and #7 all signed by the artists along with Little Sisters of Eluria and Wind Through the Keyhole. And that is my story of how I pulled together my Dark Tower set. BTW, I have to say, I loved how #7 ends. Couldn't have been better. Paul~

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erickaspicer View Post
    How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    I began reading King at 8 yrs old. My first was christine. But I didnt get dark tower until i was on bedrest with my second child. I needed books. My mom brought them to me.
    Who is your favorite character?
    Roland.
    What is your favorite book?
    The Gunslinger
    How old are you?
    46 last Feb 18th
    Where are you from?
    Small town southern illinois
    do you have a nickname?
    Spice and ricci
    how did you find this site?
    I am a member of the stephen king first editions group on ebay. This was recommended for us
    Welcome!

Traveler khaos will become famous soon enough khaos will become famous soon enough

Hi I'm Ken. I go by khaos when I can and khaos13 when someone pilfers my name. I'm a massive reader with King being my favorite. It is my favorite King book. I've read the Dark Tower through once and up to 4 in a previous read. I don't remember what distracted me that time, probably school or parenting. I dedicate a lot more time to reading now, it's my meditation. I don't know how I found this site but I've been using US and UK first edition page for several years.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by khaos View Post
    Hi I'm Ken. I go by khaos when I can and khaos13 when someone pilfers my name. I'm a massive reader with King being my favorite. It is my favorite King book. I've read the Dark Tower through once and up to 4 in a previous read. I don't remember what distracted me that time, probably school or parenting. I dedicate a lot more time to reading now, it's my meditation. I don't know how I found this site but I've been using US and UK first edition page for several years.
    Welcome!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 400 of 430 FirstFirst ... 300 350 390 398 399 400 401 402 410 ... LastLast