Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 430 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself

Along the Path of the Beam LadyGan is on a distinguished road LadyGan's Avatar

Where are you from?
    Irving, TX
    Yay, another Texan!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    No, that's not blasphemy--I've read some of my s/l items too, when they are the only publication (such as the original Eyes of the Dragon and The New Lieutenant's Rap). I'm really careful too, but some of them DO get read!

John
    I believe the only one of mine that has anything that isn't in the cheaper version is my 1/200 20th Century Ghost by Joe Hill.

Is there additional material in the original EotD?

Spoiler:
    I read the ones I have cheap copies of too but, only once.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice sai delgado is on a distinguished road sai delgado's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by towerguard View Post
    How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    Well, I started reading King in Highschool but avoided the Dark Tower series because I thought it sounded dumb (I hated western type things) and anyone who knows me I'm a big "assume you'll hate something before giving it a try" type of guy. I started running out of King books to read and finally picked up The Gunslinger. I was hooked
    Who is your favorite charcter? Cuthbert, I wish he had a bigger part in the story.

What is your favorite book?
    Probably book 4

How old are you?
    21 next week
    Where are you from?
    Illinois
    do you have a nickname?
    Around these parts it's tg.

or ronnie
    'He bowed low, right down to the ground, in front of the man sitting there motionless, whose smile reminded him of everything that he had ever loved in his life, of everything that had ever been of value and holy in his life.' Herman Hesse

Gunslinger Apprentice towerguard is on a distinguished road towerguard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sai delgado View Post
    or ronnie

no no, that would be my actual name, not a nickname, . But I've thought of another nickname I have.
    One of my former bosses used to call me "Ronnie Danger" because I got into alot of trouble and caused alot of messes just by being in the area for no real reason or fault of my own.

Gunslinger Apprentice Steve will become famous soon enough Steve's Avatar

I'm a man of wealth and taste.

Name's Steve. But you might know me as ADA Randall Flagg from DT.net.

"I aim to misbehave."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds

"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar."
    -- Hoban Washburne

"What does that make us?"
    "Big damn heroes, sir."
    "Ain't we just."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds and Zoe Washburne

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

It's good to have you here Steve.

Welcome to all the new people I've missed also.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Hey Brice, what's the haps?

"I aim to misbehave."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds

-- Hoban Washburne

"Big damn heroes, sir."
    "Ain't we just."

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not a whole lot man! Just enjoying the day off from work.

If you rescue me

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Steve, I was wondering how to match your sign up with something familiar.

Its great to have you here.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Thanks, Matt. Good to be here. Now where's the schnapps?

"I aim to misbehave."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds

-- Hoban Washburne

"Big damn heroes, sir."
    "Ain't we just."

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I believe the only one of mine that has anything that isn't in the cheaper version is my 1/200 20th Century Ghost by Joe Hill.

Is there additional material in the original EotD?

Spoiler:
    I read the ones I have cheap copies of too but, only once.
    The two editions (the Philtrum Press original and the trade edition from Viking) have a number of textual differences. The main reason I read the limited edition was that it came out in 1984, while the trade didn't get issued until 1987. When I first got the limited, there was no indication that a trade edition would ever be published.

John

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    The two editions (the Philtrum Press original and the trade edition from Viking) have a number of textual differences. The main reason I read the limited edition was that it came out in 1984, while the trade didn't get issued until 1987. When I first got the limited, there was no indication that a trade edition would ever be published.

John
    Thanks! I knew about both editions. I just didn't know about the textual differences. Would you say they are significant enough to warrant getting the original to read?

If you rescue me

I agree: what differences can be found?

"I aim to misbehave."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds

-- Hoban Washburne

"Big damn heroes, sir."
    "Ain't we just."

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

This is from Rocky Woods, et al's "The Complete Guide to the Works of Stephen King":

"King's Philtrum Press first published "Eyes of the Dragon" in 1984 in a Limited Edition of 1250. The Mass Market edition, published in 1987, contains important differences in the text, including Character changes and an entire chapter that was not included in the Mass Market edition."

What Rocky meant to say was that the Mass Market edition has an entire chapter that was not included in the Limited.

I would say that it is worthwhile to get the limited to see just what was changed. The changes are not as drastic as those between the original Stand and the Uncut Stand, though, and don't really affect the story at all. (For example, one of the changes is in the color of the dog. In the Limited, the dog is all white, while in the Mass Market edition, it is white and black.)

John

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

my uncle james gave me a copy of the gunslinger the summer i turned 9.

Who is your favorite character? i can't say that i have a favourite. not jake and not oy, though, that's for sure.

What is your favorite book? of the dark tower? drawing of the three. of other things? probably something by philip k dick.

How old are you? 27 for another month.

Where are you from? i currently live in southern california.

do you have a nickname? sj

Gunslinger Apprentice Jorge will become famous soon enough Jorge will become famous soon enough Jorge's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheeky
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sarajean View Post

my uncle james gave me a copy of the gunslinger the summer i turned 9.
    So, you've been acquainted with the series about ten years then?

[/blatant attempt at flattery]

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

it would have been better if i hadn't said how old i was right below it, silly.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Who is your favorite character? i can't say that i have a favourite. not jake and not oy, though, that's for sure.
    What don't you like about Oy? I agree about Jake, i've never been to fond of him, but I do get a kick out of Oy.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Gunslinger Apprentice Jorge will become famous soon enough Jorge will become famous soon enough Jorge's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheeky
    Country
    Country Flag

it would have been better if i hadn't said how old i was right below it, silly.
    Ah, yes... touche

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

OOps..is my sig throwing the page setting off?
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Nope, the page width is always off.

Good to see you over here. Nice av.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Really? Not mine on any computer I look at.

Welcome Jon, you sig looks fine to me.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Jon, Welcome!

Don't forget to answer the questions in the first post, please.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Yeah, not by much, but it's always off for me. It only cuts off the dark background on the right, so it's not like I can't read all of the posts without scrolling over or anything.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 430 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast