+ Reply to Thread
Page 397 of 397 FirstFirst ... 297 347 387 395 396 397
Results 9,901 to 9,922 of 9922

Thread: Introduce yourself

Demon of the Prim Sai Sheb is just really nice Sai Sheb is just really nice Sai Sheb is just really nice Sai Sheb is just really nice Sai Sheb is just really nice Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Servant of Gan Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by GTG View Post
    Hi from Wales UK ( the little place next to England ). I joined because i have about 25 King books and i don`t really know where to start. My plan was to list the collection and ask members for a sort of recommended reading order. Plus if there are any i should get to add to the experience ( i have access to many from the library or could purchase ) Thanks
    Welcome GTG! I think the safest bet is to simply start from the beginning. Here’s a list of King’s works in order of publication. That’s how I’m making my way through it all because I don’t want to miss out on any connections between his multitude of stories. Apparently there are a lot of connections, too.

http://www.stephenkingrevisited.com/...reading-lists/
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Manni Folken Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by GTG View Post
    Hi from Wales UK ( the little place next to England ). I joined because i have about 25 King books and i don`t really know where to start. My plan was to list the collection and ask members for a sort of recommended reading order. Plus if there are any i should get to add to the experience ( i have access to many from the library or could purchase ) Thanks
    Welcome!
    "Any area of collecting only becomes really worth it when shared with like minded people"-Alec aka Anonymous

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!!!!!!!

Traveler Sam_Houston will become famous soon enough Sam_Houston will become famous soon enough

Howdy from Texas. I've been reading King since I was in Junior High, and started collecting first editions when I realized most of the King books I had were already first editions.

Servant of Gan Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Houston View Post
    Howdy from Texas. I've been reading King since I was in Junior High, and started collecting first editions when I realized most of the King books I had were already first editions.
    Welcome! The Calvin’s Corner sub-forum has all the collecting stuff. Check it out!

Servant of Gan MikeDuke is a jewel in the rough MikeDuke is a jewel in the rough MikeDuke is a jewel in the rough MikeDuke is a jewel in the rough

My Mood
    Cheerful

Glad to have you here. Now startup a thread so we can see all your first editions. The pics don't take themselves you know

Manni Folken Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!
    "Any area of collecting only becomes really worth it when shared with like minded people"-Alec aka Anonymous

Caution: eye irritant Jon is a splendid one to behold Jon is a splendid one to behold Jon is a splendid one to behold Jon is a splendid one to behold Jon is a splendid one to behold Jon is a splendid one to behold Jon is a splendid one to behold Jon is a splendid one to behold Jon's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome new folks!!
    The secret of the hanged man.
    The smile on his lips.

Rabid Billybumbler peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome everyone!!

Traveler Recouper is on a distinguished road

Hello. I've just started reading The Gunslinger. He's telling Brown about Tull.. yup right at the start.
    I was friends with Chtorrwar19 IRL and that's how I found this place about 10 or 11 months ago now. I have only just now raised the courage to pick up a Steven King book, I'm very affected by accounts of violence or sadness. I tend to kind of live what I read and watch.
    But it is because of Chtorrwar19 and her sense of wonder in the fantastic-ness of the worlds and characters in Steven King's stories and her obvious high estimation of his writing that it has been playing in my mind for quite some time now and I've finally gathered the courage to start. I could have listened to her talking about the stories indefinitely, I was just so captivated. And so, I have bought the book, I've turned to the start and I have read "The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."
    I'm a little apprehensive about it... I generally really, really feel like I want people to be OK as I go through the story.. but it is Steven King, so.. yeah.
    I only really know of four characters so far; The Gunslinger, the Sorcerer (man in black), Bown and Zoltan, the bird. So it's a little early for me to be picking favourites.
    So, obvioulsy, I'm also living in Wellington, New Zealand. I'm 39, but I've matured in an odd sort of way and have been pretty naive about certain, unpleasant realities of life. It's actually due to my recent, rude awakening to that fact that I feel like I actually should look into darker concepts and now may be the time for me to face Steven King.
    I asked Chtorrwar19 what her favorite Steven King book is, thinking I might take a look, and she said IT... so, I decided not to start there.
    I don't have a nickname, but it would be so great if somebody were to bestow one upon me one day.
    As a side, I was amazed by the number of Steven King comics, I had no idea that there were any and there are a lot.
    I'm looking forward (with apprehension) to the immersion.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an's Avatar

Welcome!
    “It is easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.”
    Mark Twain

Servant of Gan MikeDuke is a jewel in the rough MikeDuke is a jewel in the rough MikeDuke is a jewel in the rough MikeDuke is a jewel in the rough

My Mood
    Cheerful

Welcome Recouper. Don't worry, in a month you will fit right in. Just go at your own pace and you will be fine. And don't be apprehensive. Be excited that you took the first step.

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!

Traveler cesario is on a distinguished road

Hello there!!! Just want to say i'm a big fan of the Dark Tower

How did you discover the Dark Tower? I read the Gunslinger back when i was a teenager, since then discovered the Jae Lee comics and heard the audiobooks.

Who is your favorite character? My favorite character is Roland of course.

What is your favorite book? The Dark Tower> is my favorite book. The part when Roland gets his guns is fixed in my memory.

How old are you? I think i'm 48 years old.

Where are you from? I was born in Honduras!!!!

do you have a nickname? not any good ones .

how did you find this site? I found this site because I'm trying to find out more about an artwork that comes in The Little Sisters of Eluria novella.

[IMG][/IMG]

I couldn't find much on the internet.
    I think the artist is Erik Wilson

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Recouper and Cesario!

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Cesario!

Caution: eye irritant Jon is a splendid one to behold Jon is a splendid one to behold Jon is a splendid one to behold Jon is a splendid one to behold Jon is a splendid one to behold Jon is a splendid one to behold Jon is a splendid one to behold Jon is a splendid one to behold Jon's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Recouper and Cesario!
    The secret of the hanged man.
    The smile on his lips.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cesario View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]

I couldn't find much on the internet.
    I think the artist is Erik Wilson
    Welcome, Cesario!

What version of the book is that image from?
    Mark Twain

Hey!!1
    The image when i saw it was on a hardcover of Legends: Masters of Modern Fantasy. An anthology where Stephen King came out with The Little Sisters of Eluria of the Dark Tower universe.
    I believe the images were commissioned by SK.
    I was just very intrigued by the image, I thought it was pretty cool.

You're correct. The book credits Erik Wilson.
    Mark Twain

+ Reply to Thread
Page 397 of 397 FirstFirst ... 297 347 387 395 396 397