Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 393 of 430 FirstFirst ... 293 343 383 391 392 393 394 395 403 ... LastLast
Results 9,801 to 9,825 of 10742

Thread: Introduce yourself

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    Well shave my legs, call me grandma and spank me with a dead fish. I never knew...
    Hey Eddie, welcome to the mad house..
    You had me at dead fish.......
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Traveler theegypt will become famous soon enough theegypt will become famous soon enough theegypt's Avatar

I am a fan of science fiction and fantasy books and am a collector of those genres as well. I joined this forum because it seems to be the biggest and most active of its kind. Although I have read a few King books I have been focusing on other authors of late. Since this site is titled "thedarktower" I think it's only fitting that I check out that series. Since I am mainly an audiobook guy, I just put a hold on the The Gunslinger audiobook with my library. I am currently 3rd in line and looking forward to getting started!

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Welcome to the forum, Egypt. Seems Fantasy, SF, and Horror fans are all peas of the same pod. I haven’t gotten into Fantasy yet but I plan to real soon. Which King books were the ones you read?
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Egypt hope you have a good time here!!!
    Just be careful of Fr Cody when he talks about fantasies.. lol

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theegypt View Post
    I am a fan of science fiction and fantasy books and am a collector of those genres as well. I joined this forum because it seems to be the biggest and most active of its kind. Although I have read a few King books I have been focusing on other authors of late. Since this site is titled "thedarktower" I think it's only fitting that I check out that series. Since I am mainly an audiobook guy, I just put a hold on the The Gunslinger audiobook with my library. I am currently 3rd in line and looking forward to getting started!
    Welcome to the site!
    But beware of Dark Tower spoilers as you make your first journey.

edward

Thank you all for the welcome! I did not mention that I am an avid reader of Stephen King, just that I was a collector. I should have, but I only collect authors I love to read and in some part of my mind I think I just kind of assumed everyone reads what they collect. Maybe not the S/Ls, but the author. Upon further reflection, maybe not.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Default Introduce yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    Just be careful of Fr Cody when he talks about fantasies.. lol
    Who me?

Traveler theegypt will become famous soon enough theegypt will become famous soon enough theegypt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Welcome to the forum, Egypt. Seems Fantasy, SF, and Horror fans are all peas of the same pod. I haven’t gotten into Fantasy yet but I plan to real soon. Which King books were the ones you read?
    I have read Gerald's Game (which I didn't really like) and The Talisman (which I did like).

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome everyone! Get comfy.. take your shoes off.

My Mood
    Chatty

I have read Gerald's Game (which I didn't really like) and The Talisman (which I did like).
    Be sure to check out Calvin’s Corner for the collector-related threads. It’s not all King-related.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome! Also a huge audiobook guy myself.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!

The Talisman ties in to The Dark Tower.

You should try The Eyes of the Dragon. That's fantasy and ties in to The Dark Tower too.

I think I have a BCE I could send you.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Welcome!

The Talisman ties in to The Dark Tower.

You should try The Eyes of the Dragon. That's fantasy and ties in to The Dark Tower too.

I think I have a BCE I could send you.
    Thanks for the generous offer, Brian! I have a couple readers from upgrading copies.

thanks for the suggestion, I have added it to the list!

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not sure what finally compelled me to post as I’ve lurked for years, but wanted to say thanks at the very least for the number of times I’ve benefitted from the King Council of Collectors that are so gracious with their info here. You guys rock.
    Side note: Chris Rock really missed an opportunity by not naming one of his children Castle

My Mood
    Chatty

Default Introduce yourself

Howdy, Earl of Popkin.

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Greetings Padre and thanks for the welcome - you’re one of many I should be thanking personally for the years of insight

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Popkin View Post
    Not sure what finally compelled me to post as I’ve lurked for years, but wanted to say thanks at the very least for the number of times I’ve benefitted from the King Council of Collectors that are so gracious with their info here. You guys rock.
    Side note: Chris Rock really missed an opportunity by not naming one of his children Castle
    Welcome officially, Earl!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, EOP!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Earl... glad you took the plunge

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the welcomes -- have always loved this place

edward

Welcome, Earl! The resources here are unending indeed and the assistance invaluable.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Earl!

Welcome aboard Earl!

Traveler The Bunslinger is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello, I’m Craig. I’ve loved reading SK since finding a copy of Different Seasons in a second hand book shop when I was about 16, over 30 years ago. I was lucky enough to be at Battersea Park when he came to the U.K for Lisey’s Story.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 393 of 430 FirstFirst ... 293 343 383 391 392 393 394 395 403 ... LastLast