Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 387 of 430 FirstFirst ... 287 337 377 385 386 387 388 389 397 ... LastLast
Results 9,651 to 9,675 of 10739

Thread: Introduce yourself

Traveler Emmanuelle is on a distinguished road

Hello !

My name is Emmanuelle and I'm new here...

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    I discovered this forum on a French Fan Site.

Who is your favorite character?
    My favourite character is Annie Wilkes

What is your favorite book?
    It

How old are you?
    I'm 38 years old

Where are you from?
    From Paris, in France

do you have a nickname?
    Emma

how did you find this site?
    I discovered this forum on a French Fan Site.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Emma!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to all the newbies! Come, reap!

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Welcome to the site!
    I'm so jealous that you're reading for the first time around. You've found a great place to discuss everything as you go, but beware of spoilers.
    Forgot to quote you in my reply! Thanks for the welcome and the tip about spoilers. Have you read all of his books already?

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adammoro View Post
    Welcome to the site!
    I'm so jealous that you're reading for the first time around. You've found a great place to discuss everything as you go, but beware of spoilers.
    Forgot to quote you in my reply! Thanks for the welcome and the tip about spoilers. Have you read all of his books already?
    Yes to all of the Dark Tower books, but no to all of King's other books. I've read almost everything, but still have a few on my to-read list.
    What about you? Is The Dark Tower your first King read?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome tbone, adammoro, Emmanuelle, (I've seen your movies.)
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Welcome to the site!
    Yes to all of the Dark Tower books, but no to all of King's other books. I've read almost everything, but still have a few on my to-read list.
    Admittedly, I've only just started reading for pleasure about six or seven months ago. I saw the DT movie trailer and had been wanting to get into reading for a while at that time so I thought why not start with that. I read Gunslinger and was hooked. Honestly, the ending blew my mind. I powered through until I finished Wizard and Glass and realized I'm missing out on all the connections from his other novels and stories. I decided then I'd read his work in chronological order and ordered a copy of Carrie. I'm now about a quarter of the way through The Stand and still kicking myself for not picking up this hobby much earlier in my life. Yet, the bright side, as you said, is I have SO much left of this amazing author's work to read!

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Welcome tbone, adammoro, Emmanuelle, (I've seen your movies.)
    Thanks, glad to be here, Brian!

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Welcome to the site!
    Admittedly, I've only just started reading for pleasure about six or seven months ago. I saw the DT movie trailer and had been wanting to get into reading for a while at that time so I thought why not start with that. I read Gunslinger and was hooked. Honestly, the ending blew my mind. I powered through until I finished Wizard and Glass and realized I'm missing out on all the connections from his other novels and stories. I decided then I'd read his work in chronological order and ordered a copy of Carrie. I'm now about a quarter of the way through The Stand and still kicking myself for not picking up this hobby much earlier in my life. Yet, the bright side, as you said, is I have SO much left of this amazing author's work to read!
    Man, how exciting that you have his entire catalog to explore. You are in for so many great adventures.
    So, as far as Dark Tower goes, have you paused at Wizard and Glass for now so you can read his other works?

Quote Originally Posted by Emmanuelle View Post
    Hello !

My name is Emmanuelle and I'm new here...
    Welcome to the site!

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice too have so many SK followers joining
    spoiler
    Welcome everyone enjoy yourselves...

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    spoiler
    Sai. Always lover your avatars
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    spoiler
    Thanks! Got to try your best, someone told me there were women round here... I'm trying too impress!

Thanks! Got to try your best, someone told me there were women round here... I'm trying too impress!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    spoiler

Gunslinger Apprentice Oreo713 will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Oreo713 View Post
    I am so computer illiterate.....how do I add an avatar?
    Go to Settings at the top right corner of the screen, then scroll down to Edit Avatar on left-side panel. You can then upload a photo or enter a url to your pic.
    Now I really feel like an illiterate...how do I go about finding an avatar?
    You can do a google image search for a picture you'd like, then copy the url (image address).
    OK I tried. It didn't work. I give up!!!!

Go to Settings at the top right corner of the screen, then scroll down to Edit Avatar on left-side panel. You can then upload a photo or enter a url to your pic.
    You can do a google image search for a picture you'd like, then copy the url (image address).
    Did it say the file size was too large when you tried to use it?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I can walk you through it. Did you find a picture you like?

Country
    Country Flag

I do it on my phone. Take a photo or screen shot, go into change avitar settings and pick your chosen picture... done

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome folks!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Traveler matt_1308 will become famous soon enough matt_1308 will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

How did you discover the Dark Tower?

Long time reader/collector/ purveyor of secret handshakes and illumanati membership so the Dark tower called to me and naturally I followed the path of the beam and arrived at a bookstore with a single rose in it's back garden picked up a book on the shelf named Gunslinger and my life was never the same again.

Who is your favorite character?
    Roland with Jake chambers not too far behind.

What is your favorite book?
    in the DT series Drawing of the three. By SK hmmm that's like asking if you like all your kids equally (I don't have kids so EOTD)
    How old are you?
    Where are you from?
    Australia
    do you have a nickname?
    Yes but I don't kiss on the first date so you will have to get to know me better.
    how did you find this site?
    It's all the High priests and Priestess talk about at High tea oh and an existing member I buy books from might have mentioned it in passing.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, all newcomers, to la King collezionista Famiglia...

And especially to you, Matt. There's not too many of us Aussies on here, so remember - "Never rat on your friends, and don't give away to many of our secrets"...

Traveler matt_1308 will become famous soon enough matt_1308 will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks peripheral for the warm welcome we will have to do something about the lack of Aussies on here at some point in time and as for you're advice of course that's a given an ehhhhh forgettaaaa but it !!

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Matt.

Long time reader/collector/purveyor of secret handshakes and illumanati membership
    Well, they're not so secret now, are they?

picked up a book on the shelf named Gunslinger and my life was never the same again.
    Man, such a life-changing series for sure.

Welcome to the site!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 387 of 430 FirstFirst ... 287 337 377 385 386 387 388 389 397 ... LastLast