Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 373 of 430 FirstFirst ... 273 323 363 371 372 373 374 375 383 423 ... LastLast
Results 9,301 to 9,325 of 10740

Thread: Introduce yourself

Gunslinger Apprentice blunthead is a jewel in the rough blunthead is a jewel in the rough blunthead is a jewel in the rough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Olson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by andyg75 View Post
    Hi, new to the forum, fairly new to collecting the works of Mr King, and looking forward to sharing my inane ramblings with you all
    Welcome!
    blunt ya fanny! how the devil
    What.

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Welcome to you all
    Newcomer welcoming folks. I LOVE it!!!!!

Now, donate $10 to the Haven Fund and get yourself an entry into the "Grand Prize Giveaway"!!! You can't win it, if you ain't in it!!!!

Spoiler:
    Hey, it's my JOB, man!!! LOL
    I was just being polite
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to you all

Now, donate $10 to the Haven Fund and get yourself an entry into the "Grand Prize Giveaway"!!! You can't win it, if you ain't in it!!!!

Spoiler:
    I was just being polite

And I am just a wise-ass New Yorker having some fun with ya is all. I think your enthusiasm is a breath of fresh air!!!

Spoiler:
    You can still donate to the HF though!!! lol lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to you all

Spoiler:
    I was just being polite

And I am just a wise-ass New Yorker having some fun with ya is all. I think your enthusiasm is a breath of fresh air!!!

Spoiler:
    You can still donate to the HF though!!! lol lol lol
    we're just a happy bunch (well, most of us anyway!)
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Bill... put down the Amyl Nitrate and the "X."
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Traveler Jokeh will become famous soon enough Jokeh will become famous soon enough Jokeh's Avatar

Hi Im John from Scotland

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, John!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice cryptkeeper has a spectacular aura about cryptkeeper has a spectacular aura about cryptkeeper's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi, John.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    “In every grain of wheat there lies hidden the soul of a star.”

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Hello there, John from Scotland. Welcome!

Traveler Jokeh will become famous soon enough Jokeh will become famous soon enough Jokeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Pen thing? My head hurts

Hiya

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokeh View Post
    Pen thing? My head hurts

It's just part of my permanent signature ( a quote from another member). I can see how it would be confusing if you thought it was part of my post directed at you. Haha

Enjoy the site, man.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

......to The Kingdom
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome all new comers!!! Hope you all enjoy this crazy place!!! Beware of Jon he will force you too have fun and smirk....

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello John...I am Jon..NOT from Scotland!

Stick around and make us seem legitimate.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Gunslinger Apprentice cryptkeeper has a spectacular aura about cryptkeeper has a spectacular aura about cryptkeeper's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice to meet you, John. Glad to have you as a member.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    “In every grain of wheat there lies hidden the soul of a star.”

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi Everyone - Just signed up here. I have been poking around for the last couple of weeks. I didn't realize there was such a nice group of King and Dark Tower fans out there. I look forward to reading through all the information on this site/forum and for chatting with you all.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Jack!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I realized I already missed some things with the introduction.

How did you discover the Dark Tower? I actually put off for a very long time reading this series. I had worked my way through most of King's books over the years and not sure why I never got around to reading the DT series. Once I started about a year ago, I couldn't put it down and got through the whole series relatively quick.

Who is your favorite character? The lobstrosities? Ok, maybe not, but those did have me going. You know as much as Roland is undeniably a wonderful character and could be favorite of all. I really enjoyed how King wrote Eddie. It was almost as a clone of himself working through his battles as he worked with this greater being Roland. It was as though he wrote Roland for his character version could work through internal battles of his own. Anyway, I know that is going a bit into it, but Eddie always stuck around to me as one of my favorites.

What is your favorite book? This is such a tough question. I used to always say it was easily, "It" minus the ending. Or The Stand, but so many of King's books are on the same tier for me. So I will have to say too many to list. Is that a cop out?

How old are you? 36

Where are you from? DC

do you have a nickname? Just here, 'TravelinJack' most just call me Jack though. :-)

how did you find this site? Browsing the web a while back.

Country
    Country Flag

Many Thanks Brian

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post
    Many Thanks Brian
    You're most welcome. Eddie is also my favorite from the series. I hope they get it right if/when it comes time to cast him.

Country
    Country Flag

I've been trying to play certain actors through my head for Eddie. Hopefully it's someone new, that fits the bill well. Sometimes having a big name can throw you off because of the big expectations. I'm sure many of us is seeing if Edris Alba can really pull off Roland.

Country
    Country Flag

It wouldn't work now, but I could see a younger Ray Liotta. He has that edge to him, but can also play the softer parts if necessary. Maybe a stretch.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post
    It wouldn't work now, but I could see a younger Ray Liotta. He has that edge to him, but can also play the softer parts if necessary. Maybe a stretch.
    I'm not sure at this point either. I do have an actor in mind although I can't recall his name. That's if the first movie even makes it out of the gate. Should have been done as a cable series. There's a whole nother thread about all that though.

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I need to work may way through the forums. I'm sure there is an entertaining thread about the upcoming movie. Thanks again for the warm welcome.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 373 of 430 FirstFirst ... 273 323 363 371 372 373 374 375 383 423 ... LastLast