+ Reply to Thread
Page 365 of 379 FirstFirst ... 265 315 355 363 364 365 366 367 375 ... LastLast
Results 9,101 to 9,125 of 9475

Thread: Introduce yourself

Gunslinger Apprentice picontin will become famous soon enough picontin will become famous soon enough picontin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome all!
    P2

Citizen of Gilead St. Troy is a glorious beacon of light St. Troy is a glorious beacon of light St. Troy is a glorious beacon of light St. Troy is a glorious beacon of light St. Troy is a glorious beacon of light St. Troy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hello.

I'm not totally new but close enough I guess. I registered for this site almost a month ago and in that time have read (completely) some threads (Cemetery Dance, Subterranean Press, PS Publishing, maybe 1 or 2 others), which has taken some time.

I'm not quite a collector (although my wife probably would say I am, since I like to buy new editions of books I already have), but I've been reading King for around 35 years and generally have a fondness for books as physical objects (bring on the slipcases and traycases, the illustrations, the heavy paper, leather, goatskin, ribbon, cloth, silk - you name it) and going to my first book fair a year ago (and two more since then) awoke the raging bibliophile within me.

Although I've never had the need to hunt down King special editions, Cemetery Dance's Doubleday Set has gotten my attention. I joined the Cemetery Dance forum maybe 3 weeks before coming here; then, after noticing that Google search results for questions about King and horror publishers usually brought me to TDT, I figured I'd cut out the middle man. It has been mighty informative and entertaining (but I wish someone would just come out and say why King won't work with Centipede Press again! Was it really just because Jerad asked too many times for permission to do SL? Which, by the way, everybody loves (including SK, if we take his handwritten note literally). I've heard hints that there's more to the story, but it seems like it's all hints. Bah! Maybe the truth is too sensitive and/or the only ones who know must remain silent out of loyalty to those from whom they learned it (which is fine, if so), but the curiosity is driving me nuts on this one ).

Anyway, despite pretty much being outside the collector world, I had previously heard of CD's 25th anniversary edition of It (still my favorite stand-alone book by anyone, pending a re-read (it has been many years since reading this, and lately my re-reads don't go that well (let's not discuss The Talisman))), obtaining a copy of which has become a chief goal in my life (a GE will be fine, but if the lottery comes through, I will be letter-hunting). In addition to that, a Centipede Salem's Lot would also be nice. And a Ziesing Insomnia GE (a more attainable goal, too).

Not sure I have a favorite DT character...

47, live near Boston (USA). I'm a big-time Celtics and Patriots fan (free Tom Brady! because millionaires with supermodel wives need my help), smaller-time Red Sox (yes, it should be "Socks," but I can't do anything about it) and Bruins fan. And I tend to be impatient with people whose musical taste differs from mine (which is just about everybody ). I also quite like jokes that only I get (sample: "Simon, you're better than ever") - although maybe this should just be called "talking to myself."

Moving on - as a King fan, he remains my favorite author, although I stopped buying new releases on day one years ago and have my peeves (not to criticize or troll, just to lay out my viewpoint since this is an "intro" post): spoilers (Duma Key could've been titled "Answer Key," for example), things that seem random (19, a riddle-driven train), etc. But I'm not saying he's bad (he's quite the opposite) or that he's lost it (he's still quite strong) or that he "jumped the shark after _____" (he's covered different topics and themes but never stopped being worthwhile), I'm (again) just telling you about me.

I think that's it. I hope to avoid being sufficiently abrasive to get banned (fair notice - I was "permanently" banned on another forum (not book-related), but managed to beg my way back on months later, and I'm still welcome there ), and continue to learn from all of you. People here seem to be pretty generous with information/answers etc.; all of you, pat yourselves on the back.

Good God this is a long post...
    A rolling stone wears the hell down, don't it.

Weedeater Brian861 is a splendid one to behold Brian861 is a splendid one to behold Brian861 is a splendid one to behold Brian861 is a splendid one to behold Brian861 is a splendid one to behold Brian861 is a splendid one to behold Brian861 is a splendid one to behold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Gil!
    "Any area of collecting only becomes really worth it when shared with like minded people"-Alec aka Anonymous

"I'm pondering how many LOLs are needed to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!" Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an's Avatar

Welcome to the ka-tet and the palaver!

You don't have to be a collector to enjoy this site. Being interested in Stephen King enough.
    Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

"I am eternal, child! I am the eater of worlds! And of children! And you are next! "

See what's in my eBay store!

CAUTION! : IRRITANT! Jon is a name known to all Jon is a name known to all Jon is a name known to all Jon is a name known to all Jon is a name known to all Jon is a name known to all Jon's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome folks!
    “Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous.”

David Hume, A Treatise of Human Nature

John F. Kennedy SolomonsGal will become famous soon enough SolomonsGal's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Finally finished the series! Wow!

Loved it all! Just amazing!

I began Insomnia last night, while DT is still fresh in my mind.

Gunslinger Apprentice cryptkeeper will become famous soon enough cryptkeeper will become famous soon enough cryptkeeper's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi,

I'm new to this Forum, and I mostly lurk. I have been reading SK's books since 1982 (when I was still a teenager). I recently discovered and have begun purchasing the limited edition King titles published by Cemetery Dance and PS Publishing, which I think are stunning.

Servant of Gan peripheral is just really nice peripheral is just really nice peripheral is just really nice peripheral is just really nice peripheral is just really nice peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to all of the newest folk.

Stay a while. Stayyyy... FOREVER!

Citizen of Gilead Sai Sheb is a jewel in the rough Sai Sheb is a jewel in the rough Sai Sheb is a jewel in the rough Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You are all well met, hope you all enjoy this forum as much as I have since I've been here...

Weedeater Brian861 is a splendid one to behold Brian861 is a splendid one to behold Brian861 is a splendid one to behold Brian861 is a splendid one to behold Brian861 is a splendid one to behold Brian861 is a splendid one to behold Brian861 is a splendid one to behold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cryptkeeper View Post
    Hi,

I'm new to this Forum, and I mostly lurk. I have been reading SK's books since 1982 (when I was still a teenager). I recently discovered and have begun purchasing the limited edition King titles published by Cemetery Dance and PS Publishing, which I think are stunning.
    Welcome, CK!
    "Any area of collecting only becomes really worth it when shared with like minded people"-Alec aka Anonymous

"I'm pondering how many LOLs are needed to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!" Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an's Avatar

Welcome cryptkeeper. Go ahead and post in this thread three more times so that I can PM you. You made an offer on one of my auctions, and I can do better for you here.

"I am eternal, child! I am the eater of worlds! And of children! And you are next! "

Gunslinger Apprentice cryptkeeper will become famous soon enough cryptkeeper will become famous soon enough cryptkeeper's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here's post number three.

Country
    Country Flag

I love the CD versions of Salem's Lot.

Country
    Country Flag

I can't wait for CD to publish The Stand.

Country
    Country Flag

I have six posts now, but I don't think I'm getting PMs yet.

Country
    Country Flag

How did you discover the Dark Tower?

Google, and the Stephen King Collector Forum

Who is your favorite character?

There are so many.

What is your favorite book?

"It" and "The Stand"

How old are you?

Almost 53

Where are you from?

West Islip, NY

do you have a nickname?

I'm using it.

how did you find this site?

Google and The Stephen King Collector Forum

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Welcome cryptkeeper. Go ahead and post in this thread three more times so that I can PM you. You made an offer on one of my auctions, and I can do better for you here.
    Small Internet, so I did. That's great. I'll wait until I'm able to receive PMs.

PM sent.

Guardian of the Beam frik is a jewel in the rough frik is a jewel in the rough frik is a jewel in the rough frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Hello.

Good God this is a long post...
    Excellent post!!

sk

Tim - 21 Girlystevedave is a name known to all Girlystevedave is a name known to all Girlystevedave is a name known to all Girlystevedave is a name known to all Girlystevedave is a name known to all Girlystevedave is a name known to all Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SolomonsGal View Post
    Finally finished the series! Wow!

Loved it all! Just amazing!

I began Insomnia last night, while DT is still fresh in my mind.
    Welcome to the site! There's tons of places around here to discuss the series while it's fresh in your mind.
    "P.S. I can't believe you do that pen thing. Awesome. Just fucking awesome."
    ~Fernandito

CAUTION! : IRRITANT! Jon is a name known to all Jon is a name known to all Jon is a name known to all Jon is a name known to all Jon is a name known to all Jon is a name known to all Jon's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Class move, Brian. Unfortunately I must spread some love around before I can give you rep points.

Welcome Crypt!!
    “Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous.”

David Hume, A Treatise of Human Nature

Gunslinger Apprentice Glam Princess is on a distinguished road Glam Princess's Avatar

I am ready to be back here. Lots of great people.

Owner Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, Thankfully 700 miles from Bill
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome back. The door is always unlocked, the coffee hot, and the beer cold.

Gunslinger Apprentice Glam Princess is on a distinguished road Glam Princess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Welcome back. The door is always unlocked, the coffee hot, and the beer cold.
    If there's whiskey I'll never leave!

Tim - 21 Girlystevedave is a name known to all Girlystevedave is a name known to all Girlystevedave is a name known to all Girlystevedave is a name known to all Girlystevedave is a name known to all Girlystevedave is a name known to all Girlystevedave's Avatar

[passes Glam Princess a bottle] Welcome back.
    "P.S. I can't believe you do that pen thing. Awesome. Just fucking awesome."
    ~Fernandito

+ Reply to Thread
Page 365 of 379 FirstFirst ... 265 315 355 363 364 365 366 367 375 ... LastLast