Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 364 of 430 FirstFirst ... 264 314 354 362 363 364 365 366 374 414 ... LastLast
Results 9,076 to 9,100 of 10742

Thread: Introduce yourself

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, one and all!

Traveler Roland-Deschain is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Hello, all! Hopefully my forum name, which will probably be considered cliche around here, won't force any assumptions on me...I've been using it for many years, say thankya.

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    A friend in junior high turned me on to it. This was a couple of years before Wizard and Glass came out.

Who is your favorite character?
    Roland.

What is your favorite book?
    It's a tie between Wizard and Glass and The Dark Tower. Close seconds outside of The Dark Tower are Salem's Lot, Jurassic Park, Sphere, and A Time to Kill.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Born in Seattle, WA. Currently live near it in Bothell, WA. I've also lived around the country some.

Do you have a nickname?
    Not a nickname per se, but everyone that knows me knows I'm a grammar Nazi.

How did you find this site?
    Google, when searching for a specific Cort quote.

Long days and pleasant nights, sais! I can't believe I haven't joined a single Dark Tower forum before, since I'm an IT nerd by trade and have been on various web forums for many years. I hope nobody rolls their eyes at my username around here, but most people don't know it on civilian forums. I can show proof that I've been using it for a long time; a Hotmail account with email in it going back to 2007, and a Seahawks forum account that showed 2009, though that was when the site was recreated and I was posting for years under the same handle prior to that. I swear!

I'm glad they're finally making a film for this series, though I'm trying to keep my hopes in check. An HBO series would have been a much better play, I think.

Traveler patzgcrux is on a distinguished road

Glad to be here, thank you again 😉

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome All!

Traveler Evilabby is on a distinguished road Evilabby's Avatar

Yes!! There are so few if us in the area!

Traveler Evilabby is on a distinguished road Evilabby's Avatar

Thanks for all the warm welcomes! I do ask everyone be patient with me as I have not used a forum in years! I also did not see the questionnaire. I think I answered most the questions upon my introduction.... But..

I'm 33.

Fave books are probably (other than the DT) King wise, The Talisman, Black House and Insomnia. However these are always changing. I also enjoy the works of other horror authors like Laymon and Keene.

Currently reading Bag of Bones

Found the forum while reading DT connections and googling images for reference to what will be my DT tattoo sleeve.

I'm also working on a cosplay Pennywise. Isn't it a great time to be a book junkie!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Rissa, Patrick, Abby and the hyphenated Deschain guy!

Let me apologize, in advance, for my behavior.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Traveler Jenn_Ex is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Hi and hello! I'd heard about this forum before but was a little intimidated - a whole! other! new! internet! community! - but I met some nice folks tonight at the Joe Hill reading/signing in DC and figured I'd give it a go.

I first discovered the DT books at the library - I was 16 when the mass market paperback of The Gunslinger was released, and the final book was published when I was 32. Meaning up to that point half of my entire life had been spent waiting on this story!

My favorite DT character is Eddie, and my favorite of the series seems to shift between Wizard and Glass and Wolves of the Calla.

Favorite non-King book is a tough call, but today I'll say Infinite Jest.

I'm 44 years old and I've lived my whole life somewhere between DC and Baltimore, though I've been fortunate enough to travel a good bit, I've just never moved home base very far.

A nickname? My name is Jen and my username concatenates that and part of my domain name into a stupid pun on my generational title. Hooray! (My username is actually what I used for an OKCupid profile when I bothered with such a thing...)

Anyway: hi!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Jen. Love the handle being a fellow Gen-X myself .
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Jenn... yet another Gen-X member... but an old one, here.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Rissa, Roland and Jen!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome all!

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

So many new members! Welcome everyone!

Traveler JAK_Wei is on a distinguished road

Hello everyone! I just joined, this seems like a nice place!

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    At a book fair while browsing for horror novels. They only had the 2nd and 3rd books so I didn't end up reading the series until much later.

Who is your favorite character?
    Susannah Dean

What is your favorite book?
    Other than the Dark Tower books I guess it's Needful Things, might be an odd choice but I really liked that one.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Malaysia

do you have a nickname?
    The first half of my usename Jak will do.

how did you find this site?
    Search for it on Google, glad I found it.

I'm also working on a uni project based on Stephen King's books, I will post it when I am able to make a new thread. Nice to meet you all

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Jak!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Jak. I agreed Needful Things ia a great book, I really enjoyed it. Look forward to reading your uni project!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Jak! And me too - Needful things is fantastic, but I haven't read it for at least 20 years. Time for a re-read I think. And yes, let's hear about the Uni project!

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome JAK, totally agree with needful things and may I ask why Susannah?... oh yeah and welcome...

Country
    Country Flag

I 2nd all the likes for Needful Things. Great book in which my mom sent to me while I was training to serve this great nation. It's all beat to hell now but still have it. Upgraded to a collectable copy of course .

Traveler patzgcrux is on a distinguished road

Welcome all, this place is a great site for SK fans and collectors!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome all new gunslingers.

Traveler Gil is on a distinguished road Gil's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hello, i'd heard about this forum from other book collectors. I'm a collector from Germany and
    collect all Editions of George R R Martin's book "A Game of Thrones" in any published Languages and some original sketches from the Subterranean Press Limited Editions.
    From a friend of mine i'd heard about the Dark Tower. I'll start reading it soon.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm wondering if any newcomers are here because of the movie yet. Too soon?

Gunslinger Apprentice picontin will become famous soon enough picontin will become famous soon enough picontin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome all!
    P2

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Hello.

I'm not totally new but close enough I guess. I registered for this site almost a month ago and in that time have read (completely) some threads (Cemetery Dance, Subterranean Press, PS Publishing, maybe 1 or 2 others), which has taken some time.

I'm not quite a collector (although my wife probably would say I am, since I like to buy new editions of books I already have), but I've been reading King for around 35 years and generally have a fondness for books as physical objects (bring on the slipcases and traycases, the illustrations, the heavy paper, leather, goatskin, ribbon, cloth, silk - you name it) and going to my first book fair a year ago (and two more since then) awoke the raging bibliophile within me.

Although I've never had the need to hunt down King special editions, Cemetery Dance's Doubleday Set has gotten my attention. I joined the Cemetery Dance forum maybe 3 weeks before coming here; then, after noticing that Google search results for questions about King and horror publishers usually brought me to TDT, I figured I'd cut out the middle man. It has been mighty informative and entertaining (but I wish someone would just come out and say why King won't work with Centipede Press again! Was it really just because Jerad asked too many times for permission to do SL? Which, by the way, everybody loves (including SK, if we take his handwritten note literally). I've heard hints that there's more to the story, but it seems like it's all hints. Bah! Maybe the truth is too sensitive and/or the only ones who know must remain silent out of loyalty to those from whom they learned it (which is fine, if so), but the curiosity is driving me nuts on this one ).

Anyway, despite pretty much being outside the collector world, I had previously heard of CD's 25th anniversary edition of It (still my favorite stand-alone book by anyone, pending a re-read (it has been many years since reading this, and lately my re-reads don't go that well (let's not discuss The Talisman))), obtaining a copy of which has become a chief goal in my life (a GE will be fine, but if the lottery comes through, I will be letter-hunting). In addition to that, a Centipede Salem's Lot would also be nice. And a Ziesing Insomnia GE (a more attainable goal, too).

Not sure I have a favorite DT character...

47, live near Boston (USA). I'm a big-time Celtics and Patriots fan (free Tom Brady! because millionaires with supermodel wives need my help), smaller-time Red Sox (yes, it should be "Socks," but I can't do anything about it) and Bruins fan. And I tend to be impatient with people whose musical taste differs from mine (which is just about everybody ). I also quite like jokes that only I get (sample: "Simon, you're better than ever") - although maybe this should just be called "talking to myself."

Moving on - as a King fan, he remains my favorite author, although I stopped buying new releases on day one years ago and have my peeves (not to criticize or troll, just to lay out my viewpoint since this is an "intro" post): spoilers (Duma Key could've been titled "Answer Key," for example), things that seem random (19, a riddle-driven train), etc. But I'm not saying he's bad (he's quite the opposite) or that he's lost it (he's still quite strong) or that he "jumped the shark after _____" (he's covered different topics and themes but never stopped being worthwhile), I'm (again) just telling you about me.

I think that's it. I hope to avoid being sufficiently abrasive to get banned (fair notice - I was "permanently" banned on another forum (not book-related), but managed to beg my way back on months later, and I'm still welcome there ), and continue to learn from all of you. People here seem to be pretty generous with information/answers etc.; all of you, pat yourselves on the back.

Good God this is a long post...
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

+ Reply to Thread
Page 364 of 430 FirstFirst ... 264 314 354 362 363 364 365 366 374 414 ... LastLast