Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 361 of 430 FirstFirst ... 261 311 351 359 360 361 362 363 371 411 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,025 of 10742

Thread: Introduce yourself

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ValHallAwaits View Post

I'd say my collection is really small-time, but I love it nonetheless.

- Andrew
    This collection you speak of...is it coins...stamps...Squirrel placentas...?

If it IS placentas...I have a zebra placenta from Kenya...I can send you a pic...

Welcome BTW
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know someone who had a collection of animal penis's....

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    I know someone who had a collection of animal penis's....
    Sheb, you disturb me dear, Sir . And I think it would have been better to have "known" said person rather than to know them lol.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brian, I agree! But life is strange and strange people make it interesting!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brian, I agree! But life is strange and strange people make it interesting!
    Can't argue that logic .
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hello everyone!

How did you discover the Dark Tower? I actually just started reading Stephen King after The Shining, so that journey is still ahead

Who is your favorite character? Jon Snow?

What is your favorite book? I grew up obsessing with Jules Verne, Dumas, Sabatini, Haggard - and now I am a huge GRRM fan along with Zafon and Perez-Reverte

How old are you? 42

Where are you from? Portland Maine. And its only 2 hours away from King's house. but originally from Ukraine

do you have a nickname? jagermeister. As my real name kind of sounds like that

how did you find this site? Google, while doing research on collecting books

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Jagermeister!

Trust me. I do this all the time.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Welcome Jagermeister!

Trust me. I do this all the time.
    Thank you!!!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

And that was five. Now you can PM and start threads and whatnot.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice ValHallAwaits will become famous soon enough ValHallAwaits's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The big pieces I was waiting on arrived. https://imgur.com/a/fGIMX

Like I said, it's a smaller collection size-wise but I have a narrow focus. Haha.

Currently in the market for a 1st UK Red Rising which isn't all torn to crap.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, all!

John

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The big pieces I was waiting on arrived. https://imgur.com/a/fGIMX

Like I said, it's a smaller collection size-wise but I have a narrow focus. Haha.

Currently in the market for a 1st UK Red Rising which isn't all torn to crap.
    Looks like a solid collection to me - nice set of HC fantasy 1sts, but any Stephen King stuff hiding out?

Gunslinger Apprentice ValHallAwaits will become famous soon enough ValHallAwaits's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post

Looks like a solid collection to me - nice set of HC fantasy 1sts, but any Stephen King stuff hiding out?
    Nah, nothing beyond a couple thrifted things like a 1st Tommyknockers and some reading copies. I used to be much more of a King fan than I am these days but I've really fallen out of love with his writing. Ironically, the DT series is what really soured me on him.

Country
    Country Flag

Valhall, that's a courageous statement! Did you fall out of love with his early stuff also? I mean the writing style is somewhat different!
    And, welcome to the site my friend...

Country
    Country Flag

Valhall, that's a courageous statement! Did you fall out of love with his early stuff also? I mean the writing style is somewhat different!
    Thankee Sai.

I still enjoy some of the earlier books and can still appreciate the quality of the writing. I may be completely off-base but I've come to feel that his writing began to suffer when he cut back on his use of psychadelics (haha). Feel free to correct me on the timeline if I'm wrong. I hated UtD, 11/22/63, and all the books after Wizard and Glass in the DT series.

I can still go back and enjoy The Shining but I prefer Kubrick's version. Misery and It are still something I could read. I enjoyed On Writing. I wouldn't dream of blowing smoke and saying I've ever gotten into King past his entry level works.

Country
    Country Flag

Fair enough!! And your right about his style change after his lifestyle change...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    And that was five. Now you can PM and start threads and whatnot.
    Feels good! Thank you!

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Welcome new members!

Also, any time new members come on board, I feel like the jack-in-the-box from Toy Story 3 when Woody and the gang first meet all the other toys at the day care. "Yay, new toys!"

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Welcome new members!

Also, any time new members come on board, I feel like the jack-in-the-box from Toy Story 3 when Woody and the gang first meet all the other toys at the day care. "Yay, new toys!"

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thankee Sai.

I still enjoy some of the earlier books and can still appreciate the quality of the writing. I may be completely off-base but I've come to feel that his writing began to suffer when he cut back on his use of psychadelics (haha). Feel free to correct me on the timeline if I'm wrong. I hated UtD, 11/22/63, and all the books after Wizard and Glass in the DT series.

I can still go back and enjoy The Shining but I prefer Kubrick's version. Misery and It are still something I could read. I enjoyed On Writing. I wouldn't dream of blowing smoke and saying I've ever gotten into King past his entry level works.
    Well, welcome anyway! I agree, SK has been inconsistent in his later years and I think Doctor Sleep is one of his worst novels to date (ducking before I get someone toss a virtual copy straight at my head!) But, having said that, I think Revival is one of his greatest works with genuine Lovecraftian horror. If you're ever tempted to dip back into later stuff, I'd suggest Revival or maybe Duma Key.

Country
    Country Flag

Hated Revival, loved Doctor Sleep. Duma Key is simply awesome. The best of the three listed IMO. I'm also digging the Hodge trilogy so far as well.

Gunslinger Apprentice ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome all new members!!!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome new members!

Toys, members,gang, Woody...there's just something sexual that post.

Oh and Jagermeister is ALWAYS welcome!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Hi there! I'm new here too! Anyway, welcome to the forums! :-)

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Welcome new members!

Toys, members,gang, Woody...there's just something sexual that post.
    Let's calm down, Jon. Trust me, if there was a sexual innuendo in that post, I would have found it immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by togepi90 View Post
    Hi there! I'm new here too! Anyway, welcome to the forums! :-)
    I first thought you were welcoming yourself to the board.

Either way, welcome!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 361 of 430 FirstFirst ... 261 311 351 359 360 361 362 363 371 411 ... LastLast