Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 342 of 430 FirstFirst ... 242 292 332 340 341 342 343 344 352 392 ... LastLast
Results 8,526 to 8,550 of 10740

Thread: Introduce yourself

Traveler bobledrew will become famous soon enough bobledrew's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello: I'm a SK aficionado, but by no means a "collector." Here to learn and exchange ideas with folks, and to indulge in some judicious self-promotion -- I'm the creator of The Kingcast, a podcast about everything King. Look forward to meeting some of you virtually.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Welcome to the site!

Gunslinger Apprentice Xerrand will become famous soon enough Xerrand's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site bobbledrew

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, bobbledrew! I read your post over on the SKMB.

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome All!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bobledrew View Post
    Hello: I'm a SK aficionado, but by no means a "collector." Here to learn and exchange ideas with folks, and to indulge in some judicious self-promotion -- I'm the creator of The Kingcast, a podcast about everything King. Look forward to meeting some of you virtually.

Welcome!

Tell us more about the Podcast!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I have to ask: Is it Bob Ledrew or Boble Drew?

Traveler Tallulah will become famous soon enough Tallulah's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi there!
    Hope you dont mind a newbie from the UK! Im new to forums and stuff and am trying to find my way around! I may not be very good with technology but my growing obsession with the DT series is spurring me on! Please tell me Im normal - I carry my tablet everywhere with me (no, I didnt want a tablet - its modern! And yes, I much prefer the feel and excitement of a real book! But this way I can keep the whole SK collection with me at all times whilst my "real" books are safe at home) I am deeply involved in Wolves of the Calla and am snatching every moment with it that I can - its all I can think about!!! Its starting to affect my life! So I stumbled over this forum and it seems to be full of "normal" people too, so hope you dont mond if I join you for the ride? :-)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Tallulah! If you were really "normal" you wouldn't be here. I prefer to think of us here as better than normal!

John

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, one and all.

Gunslinger Apprentice ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to all the new people to the forum's. Tallukah Wolve's of the Calla is very good I couldn't put the book down first time I read it. Is the picture your horse? We have a couple horse's.

Kevin

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Most of us consider Brits normal.

Welcome to the site!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey thanks guys!! And John you are so right, we are better than normal! And I have just realised that I have bypassed the normal introductions! Lol!
    Here goes :
    I discovered the DT series as I have always loved horror/suspense/horror/ murder and did I mention horror genres? SK was always my favourite from when I was a teenager (a lifetime ago!)and when I was given a hardbacked copy of Dr Sleep as a present I got to thinking that I couldnt remember which books I had or hadnt.read over the years. So I started at the beginning and decided to read every SK book in the chronological order that they were written....... when the Gunslinger came along, i then went off on a tangent and decided to read the whole DT series straight through as I had never read any of them before. And here I am, totally obsessed with a rugged gunslinger called Roland and am ploughing my way through the wolves like my life depends on it!!

Favourite character is Roland because he is so, well, Rolandy if that makes sense?!?! Oy is fab too as he is a dude!!

Favourite book is hard, as each one gets better and better!

Im 40 :-(

From England

Nickname...... have lots, most start with the word "crazy"
    Lets just say, my friends say I may not be normal, but Im harmless! Lol!!!!
    Thanks again for making me welcome!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Brian! Someone else who votes normal! Yay!!
    And yes, Kevin, the pic is of Toby, one of my fab herd! They are my other obsession. Here in the uk its considered bad luck to change a horses given name, or he would be called Roland by now!! Lol!!!! Great to hear you have horses too! I could.talk about them all day too! Shame theres not a thread for them too!!

Tallulah, welcome to the site. "Newbies", as you put it, are always welcome around here. I'm so excited for you to be experiencing the series for the first time around. I hope you find your way around here pretty easily since there are so many threads to discuss the series (beware of ones marked with spoilers, so you don't accidentally stumble upon something to spoil the story).
    Again, welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Thanks Brian! Someone else who votes normal! Yay!!
    And yes, Kevin, the pic is of Toby, one of my fab herd! They are my other obsession. Here in the uk its considered bad luck to change a horses given name, or he would be called Roland by now!! Lol!!!! Great to hear you have horses too! I could.talk about them all day too! Shame theres not a thread for them too!!

There IS a thread for pictures of kids and PETS though.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you! Im so into these books that not only cant I wait to find out what happens, but I know that once I have finished the series, raher than going back to my original plan of SK in chronological order I will be re-reading this series over again!!!!! If I said that reading these books has led me into another world, it would be like "yeah - duh, thats the idea!!" But if I said I feel like Ive stumbled over a well-kept secret, would that make sense??
    And thank you - will check out the pets thread tomorrow (its 3.15am here, cant sleep, yep, Im reading wolves again!!)
    Thanks everyone for making me so welcome!!

Yes, "stumbling across a well kept secret" makes sense. The Dark Tower series was, quite frankly, a life-changer for me. And it will totally thwart your plans for reading anything else after- it's hard to move past it once you fall in love with something as great as this series. No, go sleep! Or, better yet- plan to sleep, but end up spending the next few hours meant for sleep turning page after page of the book because it's just so hard to stop!

Also, I think that finding this site is like finding a well kept secret too- there are some great people around here that will do nothing except welcome you like a new friend.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Also, I think that finding this site is like finding a well kept secret too- there are some great people around here that will do nothing except welcome you like a new friend.
    Its great to feel so welcome by people who understand how I feel!! How this series has affected me is a bit weird and hard to explain but you guys get it! Its fab!! :-)

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

- there are some great people around here that will do nothing except welcome you like a new friend.

...and some who will make you feel like an old friend!

(Og God!1 That was so sappy!! I think... I think I am going to ... call Ralf!!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    - there are some great people around here that will do nothing except welcome you like a new friend.

...and some who will make you feel like an old friend!

(Og God!1 That was so sappy!! I think... I think I am going to ... call Ralf!!
    LOL!!!! You are almost right there! If nothing else I feel "old" this morning (yes, I know, compared to a many of you guys on here i am probably very old! Lol!) But i feel especially old as i was awake til just after 3am finishing wolves (omg what an amazing ending! I was shrieking like a loon and I scared the real Tallulah (my cat) as I just thought the epilogue/doorway cave was pure genius!) I obviously wont give anything away apart from to say that it was so amazing that the cat was hiding behind the sofa and the dog was just shaking her head in disgust! Lol!! So, after the lack of sleep I certainly feel old and Im sure I must look like rhea of the coos this morning! Lol!! Just about to start song of susannah now! Bring it on!!!!!!

Thanks again everyone for making me so welcome, Im in 7th heaven here!!
    :-)

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

My friend..I recommend a sheep...more fun on cold nights!!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    My friend..I recommend a sheep...more fun on cold nights!!
    Right.........
    off to find meself a field with some bored looking sheep.............
    Pmsl!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 342 of 430 FirstFirst ... 242 292 332 340 341 342 343 344 352 392 ... LastLast