Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 341 of 430 FirstFirst ... 241 291 331 339 340 341 342 343 351 391 ... LastLast
Results 8,501 to 8,525 of 10740

Thread: Introduce yourself

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Hey, Jamie. Nice to meet you and welcome to the site!

Also, cool av, by the way.

Traveler Jamie Vultrille will become famous soon enough Jamie Vultrille's Avatar

My Mood
    Brooding
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the welcome. Nice meeting you too. I painted the avatar in Photoshop BTW. I'll be posting some DT art in the gallery section so feel free to drop by.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Wow, awesome job! I will most definitely check out some more of your DT art when you post it.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Jamie V!!! If you have some artistic talent maybe you will consider the face time you will get helping out next year with the "Haven Fund Raiser". We have a few artists here who contribute successfully and a recent one even won the Grand Prize!!! Have a look around....
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought you were retired?

Or did you just move on to Haven Fund Pimp?
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes...Welcome!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I thought you were retired?

Or did you just move on to Haven Fund Pimp?
    I'm retired as the "Whore". From here on in I work mostly behind the scenes as and quietly as possible. Shhuuuuusssshhhhh!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

John F. Kennedy wordslingers will become famous soon enough wordslingers's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, okay, I made an account here back in 2012 and I can't remember if I stopped being shy long enough to introduce myself... either way, I recently picked up the new run of comics which made me pick up Drawing of the Three again... and I'm nearly done with Waste Lands now, so I guess my DT reread is finally happening! My name's charlie and I'm glad to have remembered this place, and to see it's still active and thriving

Well, welcome back, Charlie.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Welcome, Jamie V!!! If you have some artistic talent maybe you will consider the face time you will get helping out next year with the "Haven Fund Raiser". We have a few artists here who contribute successfully and a recent one even won the Grand Prize!!! Have a look around....
    Jeez, calm down, the guy just joined the site and you're already trying to put him to work.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Jeez, calm down, the guy just joined the site and you're already trying to put him to work.
    Sorry!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

John F. Kennedy wordslingers will become famous soon enough wordslingers's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Well, welcome back, Charlie.
    Thanks! honestly I'm thrilled to find a DT community that's active! It'll just take me a while to get used to browsing forums again, which I haven't done in a good decade or so. Nice to meet you all

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome again, Charlie!!

Traveler Daggers will become famous soon enough Daggers's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How did you discover the Dark Tower?

My dad was given the first two books as a present and I just picked up the Gunslinger one day and was captured.
    Who is your favorite character?

There's so many, but I'll have to plump for Jake.

What is your favorite book?

Without a doubt, Wizard and Glass.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    North Wales, UK

do you have a nickname?

Daggers

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Daggers!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Daggers!

John

Traveler Daggers will become famous soon enough Daggers's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cheers guy's.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My mom let me start reading Pet Sematary, Cujo, Christine and the like in the the early eighties when I was 12-13. When she saw that I idolized the books, she must have signed up for the Castle Rock Newsletter, where she saw the ad for DT2 that she bought the Trade Hardcover for and put in for the early DT lotteries.

My favorite character is clown prince Eddie, since that is where I started reading the Saga and Roland sure wasn't in any shape to be memorable.

Favorite DT book is (today anyway) Wolves Of The Calla.

I'm 44, well-near halfway to 90.

I grew up (ages 0-17) in rural Iowa, 17-30 in Arizona (Phoenix mostly as a teacher, but my Arizona "home" where I went to University is Flagstaff. ages 30-44 in Dallas, Texas where I worked into 2014 at a phone support center for a large company.

Bodhi or TCCBodhi

Quote Originally Posted by Daggers View Post

My dad was given the first two books as a present and I just picked up the Gunslinger one day and was captured.
    There's so many, but I'll have to plump for Jake.

Without a doubt, Wizard and Glass.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    North Wales, UK

do you have a nickname?

Daggers
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Huh, I lived most of my life in NY, but I went to TCU, in Ft. Worth (worked in "The best little whorehouse" when they moved it to Dallas and made it a restaurant) and I currently live in AZ, in the valley, since 2005.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice Xerrand will become famous soon enough Xerrand's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My Girlfriend was a huge DT fan and tried to get me into it for years, I was already a fairly big King fan but I never tried them books before. Thank God she finally convinced me, because I would have seriously missed out on a truly amazing story.

Roland - hands down. I love all the main Ka-tet characters though, you really feel like you know them personally by the end.

Probably The Wastelands, though I have a real Love/hate thing going on with book 7(It still gets me emotional though I've read it four times)

How old are you?
    Where are you from?
    Ireland

do you have a nickname?

Nope

how did you find this site?

Random internet browsing.

Welcome to the site, Xerrand!

(And book 7 definitely beats the crap out of your emotions. )

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Xerrand! Please feel free to post often!

John

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Xerrand. Glad to hear you found the books and this site.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

New collectors may want to visit this thread....

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ement-grab-bag!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

They take old collectors too!!

It seems a whole new crop since I was here last.

WELCOME FOLKS!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 341 of 430 FirstFirst ... 241 291 331 339 340 341 342 343 351 391 ... LastLast