Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 340 of 430 FirstFirst ... 240 290 330 338 339 340 341 342 350 390 ... LastLast
Results 8,476 to 8,500 of 10740

Thread: Introduce yourself

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Deckard (Blade Runner fan?) welcome to the site. Lots of very knowledgeable people here, that may be able to help you out on your Cujo questions. I would advise posting in the 'Stpehen King Collecting Questions' thread.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Deckard! Yes, please post your question regarding the Cujo in the Calvin's Corner Questions thread. I'm sure someone hear can answer it.

John

Traveler Deckard2112 will become famous soon enough Deckard2112's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the welcome folks. I'll head on over and post up a Q

Steve

Traveler Deckard2112 will become famous soon enough Deckard2112's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just tried to post but I'm denied? Is that because I've yet to post 5 times?

.....I have now so I'll try again lol

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

WELCOME 2112!!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Welcome, Deckard!

Traveler frekljr will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Hi, my name is Josh. I live in South Carolina but currently working overseas. I've always been a huge fan of Stephen King and recently decided to read more and start a book collection. Once I found this site and all the great information and communication, I wanted to join. The last SK book I read was "Joyland" so that has kind of stuck with me over the last couple of months.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Josh! Please feel free to join in!

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

WELCOME!!!

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site, Josh!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Traveler Viclovis will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Relaxed

Hi, I'm Jack. Thx for having this site. I'm just really missing the story and looking at what other junkies out there think of the books and stories. I don't know anyone else that read the books , let alone a few times. Thx again ,looking forward to getting new ideas and perspectives. Thx

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Jack! Please feel free to post often!

John

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Viclovis View Post
    Hi, I'm Jack. Thx for having this site. I'm just really missing the story and looking at what other junkies out there think of the books and stories. I don't know anyone else that read the books , let alone a few times. Thx again ,looking forward to getting new ideas and perspectives. Thx
    You will find plenty of tower junkies around here. Welcome!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I HAVE heard there are even Stephen King fans here!

Shhhhh!

and WELCOME!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Relaxed

Hi. Thx for the welcome. Does anyone else think Benedict Cumberbatch would make a perfect Roland?

My Mood
    Relaxed

I have been re reading The Waste Land, and it's funny some of the people that cross my mind as I read some of the characters. It's not fair to pick a favorite book over the others. I suppose it depends on the story being read. However, I think I have read The Wasteland and Wizard and Glass most. = ) To me it's all one flowing story... Rough parts, smooth sailing at times. I'm a Junkie. What else can I say? Reading these books is like taking a vacation with old friends. Hope you guys enjoy these stories as much as me. Have a good night.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome all newcomers.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Viclovis View Post
    I have been re reading The Waste Land, and it's funny some of the people that cross my mind as I read some of the characters. It's not fair to pick a favorite book over the others. I suppose it depends on the story being read. However, I think I have read The Wasteland and Wizard and Glass most. = ) To me it's all one flowing story... Rough parts, smooth sailing at times. I'm a Junkie. What else can I say? Reading these books is like taking a vacation with old friends. Hope you guys enjoy these stories as much as me. Have a good night.
    Welcome to the The Dark Tower Jack (is it OUR Jack? our boy?)! Yeah, The Waste Lands and Wizard And Glass are pretty good for "middle books" to be. Lots of action, and certainly peril, though we don't lose (completely) any of our main players. Hmm, I'm sure others have talked Cumberbatch to death, but I hadn't heard his name before. He COULD do it well, he is stoic enough, but is he tall, dark & UGLY? There's got to be a charisma there as well, which he has, otherwise the others wouldn't follow him as quickly and blindly. I'll have to think about that, he might be just slightly too young still, but not by the time this actually takes off.
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Traveler Jamie Vultrille will become famous soon enough Jamie Vultrille's Avatar

My Mood
    Brooding
    Country
    Country Flag

Hiya everyone. I'm Jamie (no, not that Jamie).

How did you discover the Dark Tower? Old bookstore in Gothenburg. The bookeeper was a big Stephen King fan and she recommended a 1984 edition of The Gunslinger to me. She said it would be a perfect fit for me (being a closet quantum physics and dark sci-fi/philosophy dose kind of guy) if I didn't mind the writing style. I didn't and she was right, it did blow my mind somewhat. That got me started on other SK books, like The Stand and It, and I was surprised to find little and not-so-little bits of DT in them. I finished the series some time ago, including the Revised and The Wind Through the Keyhole. The 1984 original is still my favourite (weird, huh) just because it was rather a set-up for a different story, I think. The DT as it is now is still imaginative and powerful, but it didn't really complete that first 'draft', to quote SK. It's probably waiting for someone to find that verdammt outline. Who knows, I might have. See, I found this ream of yellowed paper in my mailbox the other day...

Who is your favorite character? Cuthbert and Aileen, among the old ka-tet. In the new, Eddie. Awkward humor always gets me.

What is your favorite book? The Gunslinger, circa '84.

How old are you? 22

Where are you from? Somewhere in Deutschland.

Do you have a nickname? Enki (after Bilal, a bit of friendly art class sarcasm)

How did you find this site? Searched some DT-related fanart and followed it here. Glad I did, too.

Special powers? Painting and sketching. Singing in the shower. Embarassing myself.

There you go. Thanks and see you all around.
    Last edited by Jamie Vultrille; 06-09-2015 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Inadequate grasp of English grammar.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Jamie! I also prefer the earlier version of The Gunslinger to the revised one. Please feel free to post often!

John

Traveler Jamie Vultrille will become famous soon enough Jamie Vultrille's Avatar

My Mood
    Brooding
    Country
    Country Flag

Danke, Sai Jhanic. I completely agree with the little girl in your avatar, by the way.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 340 of 430 FirstFirst ... 240 290 330 338 339 340 341 342 350 390 ... LastLast