Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 337 of 430 FirstFirst ... 237 287 327 335 336 337 338 339 347 387 ... LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,425 of 10742

Thread: Introduce yourself

Traveler JimB will become famous soon enough

Hello everyone,

I found this site because I was trying to research the possibility of selling what I believe is a limited trade edition of The Dar Tower: The Gunslinger. It is a red or dark umber cloth hardcover with "King" at the top and "Grant" at the bottom. I have kept it in a sealed bag all the time I have owned it. It has two dust covers also kept in the protective cover. It has five color illustrated pages inside it. Unfortunately it is not signed as Steven King does not make it to Idaho much that I know of. Any help with finding out what this book would be potentially worth would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks. JimB

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi Jim,
    welcome on board!

Your description seams to target a first edition of the gunslinger more then a limited one - but this would also be a nice finding.
    Best is to check the wiki

Klick: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...First-Editions

Then, pictures are always the way to go.
    If you have some (books will be rated by 3 criteria: condition, condition & condition) there is a place for you to start your questions

Klick: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ible-King-item

Happy Research!

Thanks for the prompt reply. This link is the one I have. I think mine is in superior condition..

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Book...D9780937986509

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JimB View Post
    Thanks for the prompt reply. This link is the one I have. I think mine is in superior condition..

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Book...D9780937986509
    I suggest you take high resolution pics and post it on ebay. Do NOT post it as a BIN. You'll find out what the market will pay.

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As i said, best way would be to go to the areas i posted.
    Without pictures its hard to say. And here is the wrong place for price discussions ;D

What you describe can be in the 650 - 850 range but i have seen many "perfect" books, that actually where not.
    You will only find a buyer (here: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...le-Classifieds) when you have pictures.

Thanks again, Not much of an E-bay seller, So set a ridiculous reserve price and see what people are willing to offer?

Edited... sorry navigating a new site is always confusing to me.. Don't want to step on any toes..

Thanks again...

Country
    Country Flag

would not suggest that, you will get ridiculous offers as the people who are searching for such a book know the value and will think you are trying to scam them.
    If you want to be sure that it is sold for a fair value - follow the suggestion randall gave you - market will drive it where it is - a perfect gunslinger will sell in any case for a fair value.

If you have time, and want a certain amount, put some pics in here and then wait if somebody will take it.
    The "ridiculous reserve price" strategy will (imho) not help you.

The range for such a book is quite "tight" , and with some pics i guess most of the members here can predict more or less down to 50,- what an eBay auction will have as result.

Thanks again Priest for all your help.. I will try and take some pictures of it and post them in Collectible Classifieds area..

JimB

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Jim, welcome!

I do have to caution you, though, that most members here are wary of buying from a newcomer. We're a pretty good group, but some of us have been burned before by newbies. Post for a while and let us get to know you.

John

Thanks John.

I am getting the impression that this is a good group. I originally bought this book while I was in the USAF in 1983 from Bud Plant publications for about $30. The book was stored in a ziplock bag for a while and then a friend told me I should get the mylar cover on it.. I am thinking about upgrading my computer system and looking for ways to do that. i7's and all the necessary hardware to upgrade are not cheap. Anyway thanks again for all your help.
    JimB

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JimB View Post
    Thanks John.

I am getting the impression that this is a good group. I originally bought this book while I was in the USAF in 1983 from Bud Plant publications for about $30. The book was stored in a ziplock bag for a while and then a friend told me I should get the mylar cover on it.. I am thinking about upgrading my computer system and looking for ways to do that. i7's and all the necessary hardware to upgrade are not cheap. Anyway thanks again for all your help.
    JimB
    Wow, Bud Plant Publications! That takes me back to the 1980s and all the comic book-related stuff from Bud!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome. JimB.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, folks!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Traveler smargavio will become famous soon enough smargavio's Avatar

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    Picked up Four Past Midnight in 7th grade, and began buying every King story/novel I could find. Got to it in the course of filling out my collection.

Who is your favourite charcter?
    From the Dark Tower? What can I say I love me some villains, so I'd have to go with Flagg.

What is your favourite book?
    In the main series, I'd have to say The Waste Lands. Otherwise, Insomnia, hands down.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Birmingham, AL

Do you have a nickname?
    Not that I know of

How did you find this site?
    Was reminiscing about DT.net when I started rereading the series last month. Happened upon this website.

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi and welcome, smargavio! Insomnia is near the top of my favorites list as well!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smargavio View Post

How did you find this site?
    Was reminiscing about DT.net when I started rereading the series last month. Happened upon this website.
    I'm not sure whether I should say "Welcome" or "Welcome Back".
    Either way, I hope you stick around this cool place.

Thanks! I think I might stick around here a little longer!

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Or years from now, when this site is long gone and in its place is another Dark Tower site, you'll pop up and say "I was smargavio on Dt.org, but I didn't stay long".

Ka is a wheel, I'll always pop up eventually haha. I will always have my gift edition of Insomnia signed by Phil Hale to remind me of .net. A friend that went to Palavercon was nice enough for that.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, smargavio!

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome new friends!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!

Welcome back

Welcome back again

Welcome Back Kotter
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Traveler littlebambi will become famous soon enough littlebambi's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

How did you discover the Dark Tower?

I've read a other king books and saw the book list in another book and thought I'd give it a go

Who is your favorite charcter?
    Roland

What is your favorite book?
    Probably the first. Gunslinger

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Australia!!!!

do you have a nickname?
    Potatoe haha

how did you find this site?
    Google

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Traveler littlebambi will become famous soon enough littlebambi's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Thank you

+ Reply to Thread
Page 337 of 430 FirstFirst ... 237 287 327 335 336 337 338 339 347 387 ... LastLast