Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 334 of 430 FirstFirst ... 234 284 324 332 333 334 335 336 344 384 ... LastLast
Results 8,326 to 8,350 of 10742

Thread: Introduce yourself

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Zurov and AstroDad! Join the merriment
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Gunslinger Apprentice bugen will become famous soon enough bugen's Avatar

Hi all,

I'm a 37 year-old Andrew, and have passed by here a few times here over the last couple of years but didn't really get into forum participation until becoming involved in the Cemetery Dance forums. I've been called bugen enough times to stick.

Google searches brought me here a few times in the past, but it's Tommy from the CD forums who really gave me my first involvement around here when we were discussing some Barker books. Hi Tommy, and thanks again!

Favorite actor... Huh. Maybe Christian Bale? I'd probably have to pick a British actor if not him. I work in the Home Video industry and am a bit disillusioned with Hollywood, but it's my love of this stuff that brought me to L.A. in the first place. Most movies I don't care for much anymore - I've seen behind the curtain a bit too much, but I get extremely excited when I see one that I feel breaks the modern, money-machine mold.

My favorite book has traditionally been Card's Ender's Game, which I know rubs some people the wrong way. I've got tons of alternates I could list, but the truth is this one still rings heavily with me. I re-read it a few months back and still feel it to be the among the-best-of-the-best, author's politics notwithstanding. I reviewed it in the Book Reviews section of the CD forum and tried to address this and found it quite difficult, but I gave it my best shot. Horror is my favorite genre, though.

And I read a lot. As much as I can outside of a full-time, stressful (in my opinion) job. My book collection is OK, but not up to the level of the players found around here and CD.

Good to be here, guys and gals! Look forward to discussing horror, and its King, with everyone.

Gunslinger Apprentice mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux's Avatar

Welcome, Andrew. (I still like ENDER'S GAME, too).

Thank you mkb.redux. Love the Batman avatar! Alex Ross, right? My Batman graphic novel collection is probably better than my book collection. I'm trying to think of some of his stuff that I've got - I haven't revisited them in a while. World's Finest, I think he did Marvels. Very distinctive style.

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Andrew,

As a fellow newbie to the site, I am sure you will find everyone here as welcoming as I have.

Gunslinger Apprentice mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bugen View Post
    Thank you mkb.redux. Love the Batman avatar! Alex Ross, right? My Batman graphic novel collection is probably better than my book collection. I'm trying to think of some of his stuff that I've got - I haven't revisited them in a while. World's Finest, I think he did Marvels. Very distinctive style.
    KINGDOM COME is still at the top of my list, all these years later. We have a couple of his books signed, but this auction catalog has a special place for personal reasons. Sets the bar high for next month's avatar.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome folks!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Thanks Astrodad and Merlin! And mkb.redux you're right, Kingdom Come was awesome! I liked it much more than Marvels, and have the trade paperbacks of each.

And I don't mean to misrepresent my Batman graphic novel collection as rare limiteds with lots of signatures and such, it's not. I just feel it's a really comprehensive view of the character starting in the 70's about the time Ras was introduced, covering a ton of volumes. I did try to stay hardcover whenever I could. My very first purchase of one was A Death in the Family which I had to save up for, and I was hooked forever. I'd jump at a chance to get any of them signed, really.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Welcome, Bugen!
    There are threads around here to discuss everything from Stephen King, to comics, to donuts.

I hope you enjoy the site.

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the assembly, bugen!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the Camp.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome! One more post until I'm a real boy.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Haha.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Hello everyone. This is weird. First, my name is Joe. I couldn't figure out my account for weeks and set up a new one. Well, the old one is from 2013 and doesn't have any permission bans, so I am able to introduce myself and apparently send messages too. About me. I am pushing 40, a huge horror and fantasy movie guy and I collect Stephen King. I've been collecting books for about 5 years and selling sometimes too. I find it fascinating how much books can get financially and I think it is a great way to "hide" money as an investment when you think about it. I should have been a movie critic . It will be nice being able to reply to threads and learn from others. And hopefully I can teach people a thing or two as well. Also, I love to write horror. That is a long story. Joe

Welcome, Joe.

Hi Joe, I'm the guy standing right next to the door because I just got here myself. But welcome anyway!

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome (back) Joe!

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

WELCOME JOE.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Thanks everyone. Not sure if anyone watched the Super Bowl, but it was wild. And I had to shovel 3 times yesterday. Anyway, anyone order anything on CD with the 50% off coupon ending today? It doesn't work for anything new, but I did get the discount on the gift edition of "Faithful."

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Spoiler:
    Well you just PISSED OFF Merlin1958

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Thanks everyone. Not sure if anyone watched the Super Bowl, but it was wild. And I had to shovel 3 times yesterday. Anyway, anyone order anything on CD with the 50% off coupon ending today? It doesn't work for anything new, but I did get the discount on the gift edition of "Faithful."
    Blasphemy!!!! Burn that book!!!!

Spoiler:
    Look around a bit and you'll realize my act!!! LOL LOL Can I retract "Rep" points???? LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Traveler Zurov has a spectacular aura about Zurov has a spectacular aura about Zurov's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome! I'm new myself, so nice to meet you

Country
    Country Flag

I ordered 2 slipcases for signed books I have: Dr. Sleep and Revival. I'd have ordered a Duma Key slipcase too, but they're all gone...

My Mood
    Confused

I'm kind of OCD with cleaning, collecting, and having a place for everything. So I kind of needed Faithful. Why is it blasphemy? I do hate the Red Sox, but King did write it so it falls under my OCD collecting lol. Then again, baseball has sucked for years now anyway

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm kind of OCD with cleaning, collecting, and having a place for everything. So I kind of needed Faithful. Why is it blasphemy? I do hate the Red Sox, but King did write it so it falls under my OCD collecting lol. Then again, baseball has sucked for years now anyway
    I was just fooling with you. My avatar is different for the Haven Fundraiser this year as we are supporting all the contributing artists by changing our avatars to reflect artist remarques, etc. Still, if you look you will see that mine is altered to include the Yankee logo. Normally, my avatar is a pic of a diamond WS ring. I'm rather famous (perhaps "Infamous") as being a huge Yankee fan around these parts. There is actually a youtube video in an old thread of me setting a copy of "Faithful" on fire!!! I don't care that King helped write it. That book will never be touched by these hands (I wore surgical gloves to burn it, lest I get infected) nor appear on my shelves!! LOL Twas all just in good fun. Sorry if you misunderstood my intent. I sometimes forget that not everyone is aware of some of the member proclivities.

Enjoy the site!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 334 of 430 FirstFirst ... 234 284 324 332 333 334 335 336 344 384 ... LastLast