Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 333 of 430 FirstFirst ... 233 283 323 331 332 333 334 335 343 383 ... LastLast
Results 8,301 to 8,325 of 10740

Thread: Introduce yourself

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jake_and_oy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Welcome, Jake_and_Oy! You've found the best SK site on the web!

John
    Yes!!! Along with one supremely crabby motherfucker who only collects "Proofs". What the fuck is that all about? LOL LOL LOL J/K

John, is the "proof" man!!! And not quite as "crabby" as he would have you believe!!! LOL

Stupid question (sorry): what exactly are proofs?
    A proof is a production that a publisher issues before the actual trade edition is put out. Here's the link to my collection:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...-jhanic-proofs

We also have a thread concerning proofs in Calvin's Corner:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...en-King-Proofs

And an entire forum devoted to them:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...oofs-and-ARC-s

John

Traveler jake_and_oy will become famous soon enough jake_and_oy's Avatar

Thanks for the info!

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site, jake_and_oy! This is a wonderful resource with helpful and entertaining members! If you have questions, they are always willing to help.
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Stupid question (sorry): what exactly are proofs?
    That wasn't stupid at all.

Most people don't know what a proof is.

Now you do.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ke7285 View Post

do you have a nickname? maybe!!!
    Are you saying that you may have a nickname or that your nickname is "maybe"?
    Either way, welcome to the site!

How did you discover the Dark Tower?

When I was in middle school I bought The Gunslinger but never finished The Drawing of the Three. I revisited the series last year just because I guess. I keep on choosing professions that require a lot of certification and it has become a habit to read Stephen King while I am studying for a big test and after reading The Stand and IT The Dark Tower was next.

Who is your favorite charcter?

I guess, like everyone else, Roland. Although I like Cuthbert an awful lot.

Hey, having a habit of reading King is the best kind of habit, in my opinion.
    Also, yes to Cuthbert. To be honest, I think Cuthbert was and is the only reason behind my wanting to read The Dark Tower comics. He is just such an instantly likable character, that I just want more and more of him. But, since this isn't a Cuthbert discussion thread, I'll get to the point and say Welcome to the site!

Traveler Norris Ridgewick will become famous soon enough Norris Ridgewick's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hello, all. I am called Brett, so I am. Glad to be a part of your community, thankee-sai.

I had been reading King ever since I started getting into full-length novels as a kid. I frequently considered starting the DT series, but always stayed away from it because I had heard that it was heavy on the fantasy, and that whole genre was of no interest to me. Eventually, the final three books were all released and I saw how big of a deal that was, so I said "what the hell" and decided to give it a try. Best decision I've ever made.

Most of the time it's Roland. Every time I re-read it, though, other characters rise and fall on my list.

What is your favorite book?

Book 7: The Dark Tower. By far. They're all great, of course, but book 7 is my favorite.

How old are you?

29. I'll be 30 in April.

Where are you from?

Madison, Wisconsin, U.S.A. Currently live in Deerfield, WI.

do you have a nickname?

No. But I often use "Sigglecow" as a self-assigned nickname. It's the name of my one-man band.

how did you find this site?

Every time I have read the series, I always read the revised version of "The Gunslinger." I saw that my local library had an original copy (somehow) and so I decided to start my journey again this morning, but with the original version of the first book. I finished that book and was curious to know all the differences. Some of them I remembered (19, manni, alain) but I recalled having seen a side-by-side comparison once, back in the day. So I googled "gunslinger differences original version revised" and a post someone made on this forum came up. I read the differences, and immediately signed up for this. So between these forums, and my pro wrestling forums, I am now going to be even less productive than before, haha.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site. Poke around and have fun.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Brett! Enjoy!

John

Gunslinger Apprentice mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux's Avatar

Not a new member; several days back made an update to my profile (mkberger) changing my email address, and from that point haven't been able to post. Some further tweaks, a couple of emails to the Contact Us link, nothing. So figured that it was easier to try a fresh start, and that worked.

So: back again, and will try not to mess around with things too much!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome. folks!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Everyone!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Traveler whichwilson will become famous soon enough whichwilson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

-In high school I went through a big Western phase. Around the same time the first LOTR film came out. I saw The Gunslinger on the shelf at Borders and instantly bought it.

-Roland

-Wizard and Glass
    So far at least. I still have books six and seven to get through.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    -St. Louis

do you have a nickname?
    -Not to my knowledge.

-GoogleFu. I was looking for a good resource to ask a Dark Tower question. Now I await moderator approval.

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

welcome
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the Tower!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, whichwilson! You don't have to wait for a moderator's approval to ask a question.

John

Traveler Adreena will become famous soon enough Adreena's Avatar

A friend suggest I read it. I haven't finished the series I'm actually on Song of Susannah.

Who is your favorite character?
    Roland and Cuthbert.

The Gunslinger (So far)

How old are you?
    How did you find this site?
    I was actually looking for Neil Gaiman stuff and stumbled upon this.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Adreena! Please feel free to post often!

John

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Adreena! You will find this site to be a very pleasant experience! 8)

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Welcome Adreena! Glad you stumbled onto the site.

Whichwilson: I had to come in here and say that your av is awesome.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello to you all!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Traveler Zurov has a spectacular aura about Zurov has a spectacular aura about Zurov's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey everyone!
    How did I discover TDT?
    I give wolves of the calla when I was in middle school but had trouble getting into it. A few years later I picked up the gunslinger by chance and was hooked instantly. I have read through the entire series 3 times and am about to finish my 4th read through (currently deployed to Afghanistan so may as well read in my down time lol).

Who is my favorite character?
    Its very hard to choose but I'd have to say Rolamd, Jake and of course Oy!

My favorite book would have to be The Dark Tower, it is wonderful tof see how everything is wrapped up, as well as some major appearances from other Stephen King books.

How old am I?
    22 years old

How did I discover this site?
    Ka

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Zurov! Keep your head down!

John

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi all. Long time King reader that fell out of reading while the kids were young and free time was lacking. Recently got back into it and decided to start collecting, which is when I found this site. Looking forward to contributing to the ongoing discussions here!

The Gunslinger was the first king Novel I ever read. Picked it up in the school library in 7th grade or so and was hooked.

Who is your favorite character?

Interesting question. No easy answer I think. That is what is so great about this series, the characters are so complex. I have loved and hated all of them at one point or another.

The Gunslinger has always been my favorite. Maybe because that is the one that opened the door to this world for me.

How old are you?

40...ugh...still getting used to that bit of nonsense.

Where are you from?

Texas

do you have a nickname?

Not unless you count Dad

linked from StephenKingCollector.com

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, AstroDad! Please feel free to contribute often!

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome all you new folks!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 333 of 430 FirstFirst ... 233 283 323 331 332 333 334 335 343 383 ... LastLast