Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 316 of 430 FirstFirst ... 216 266 306 314 315 316 317 318 326 366 416 ... LastLast
Results 7,876 to 7,900 of 10742

Thread: Introduce yourself

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Andrew! Please feel free to post often!

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Andrew Campbell is on a distinguished road Andrew Campbell's Avatar

Thanks, John. You're the man. I remember you well from the SKfakes site.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Welcome, welcome fellow Nashvillian.

Gunslinger Apprentice Andrew Campbell is on a distinguished road Andrew Campbell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Nash-vegas rocks!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Andrew. A fellow New Jerseyan, too. Dive right in and take part in our Constant Reader Awards and Best Horror Movie polls!

Thanks, Pablo. Still following the NY Mets, which, regrettably, have lost their first three. Could be a very long season.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Campbell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Nash-vegas rocks!
    Yeah, it has it's good points.

Hey, it's cool to see another huge fan of Dead Zone on the site. You get points for that.

Traveler aglance is on a distinguished road aglance's Avatar

Hi! I'm Ger! I've been lurking for a while, and I enjoy seeing everyone's comments.

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    Never read the book, actually. *hangs head in shame*

Who is your favorite character?
    Hmm...right now I would say Frannie, because I'm in the middle of reading The Stand.
    What is your favorite book?
    Of King, Dead Zone, in general, I will always love The Last Unicorn, because it was one of the first adult books I ever read.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Originally a cow farm...now I live in Detroit.

do you have a nickname?
    I go by Ger.

Looking forward to participating in this community!

-Ger

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Ger! You've GOT to read the Dark Tower books!

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome All!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Welcome, Ger!
    You're in for a treat when you finally get around to reading The Dark Tower.

Now, quit lurking, and get to posting.

Also, this must be the day for Dead Zone fans to introduce themselves.

Traveler aglance is on a distinguished road aglance's Avatar

It is on my list!

I've actually read very, very little King. When I was ~10 I read The Shining...it scared me so much I didn't read another horror novel until my boss handed me Heart Shaped Box by Joe Hill two years ago. He then suggested Dead Zone, and has steadily been handing me new King once I finish the last.

Sounds like a good boss.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Traveler gottaluvoy has a spectacular aura about gottaluvoy has a spectacular aura about gottaluvoy's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

With such a good set of already asked questions, my lazy bone grabbed this opportunity! Thanks.

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    Heard about it for years. Began reading Stephen King books (first one was Hearts In Atlantis) then my brother decided to share his copy of the series with me. That was the beginning of the end, or should I say the end of the beginning?

Who is your favorite character?
    I have to CHOOSE one? Just One? That's crazy. I love Roland, Jake, Eddie and Susannah most and of course, (drum roll) gottaluvoy.

Oh man. First it was hands down, Wolves of the Calla. After 3rd complete reading of series that is. After about the 6th or 7th reading, it switched to Wind through the Keyhole, then sometime after the twelfth reading I got really attached to Drawing of the Three, mostly because I just like the beginning of Roland's friendships. Now, I'm tending to go with Waste Lands, since it seems the fullest and richest to me at this time. My favorite will probably continue to change.
    Spoiler:
    Right now I'm also really loving that last leg journey Roland and Susannah take in book 7
    . I just can't pick one.

How old are you?
    Old enough to vote and old enough to be deeply suspicious about how much my vote is counted. That's all you need to know, sais.

Where are you from?
    California, U.S.A. all my life.

do you have a nickname?
    Yeah, actually more than one. Here, it happens to be gottaluvoy.

how did you find this site?
    Here's a cool one to answer: in one of the books of the Dark Tower series there is a referenced letter from a fan Stephen King gets which states the fan likes the picture of Oy in Waste Lands. With that in mind, I went to Google Image search page and searched "Dark Tower Oy". Then began looking at various drawings. One led me to this forum. Not sure I could ever pinpoint which. I'm still looking for a rendering of Oy that matches the picture I have of him inside my head.
    Last edited by gottaluvoy; 04-08-2014 at 04:57 PM. Reason: possible spoiler alert needed.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!

John

Traveler Abra Stone is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi everyone. I’ve been a King fan for several years, but didn’t know about this site until I was referred to it after having an issue with my S/L Shining. I probably never came across it before because I have not read The Dark Tower books. I’m saving those to read this summer.

The Shining

Who is your favorite character? Danny Torrance

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    I’m an Ohio girl.

Do you have a nickname?
    Everyone calls me Rey.

Looking forward to getting to know some people, learning more about SK books, and finding out about the Haven Foundation. It looks like I decided to join in the middle of a fundraiser…cool.

-Rey

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Rey! Welcome to the site!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Rey! A fellow Clevelander! Welcome, Abra!

John

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the warm welcomes. Wow, John, it's a small world. Go Tribe!

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Jean.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 316 of 430 FirstFirst ... 216 266 306 314 315 316 317 318 326 366 416 ... LastLast