Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 310 of 430 FirstFirst ... 210 260 300 308 309 310 311 312 320 360 410 ... LastLast
Results 7,726 to 7,750 of 10742

Thread: Introduce yourself

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Traveler Amber2014 will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Cold

Hi, my name is Amber and I am 38 I have been reading SK since 8th grade. just started collecting signed copies of his books. I have all of the Joe Hill books signed .... My fav DT book is the drawing of the three. well its btwn that and The Gunslinger.

Traveler Carter is on a distinguished road

Hi- Just a King collector from NY. Hope to make new friends with similar interests.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Amber!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Traveler Carter is on a distinguished road

Welcome Amber...

Joe.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Amber! Please feel free to post often. You're a member of the best SK board on the internet.

John

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello and welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Amber2014 View Post
    Hi, my name is Amber and I am 38 I have been reading SK since 8th grade. just started collecting signed copies of his books. I have all of the Joe Hill books signed .... My fav DT book is the drawing of the three. well its btwn that and The Gunslinger.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice Nickelwise is on a distinguished road

Hi, another new guy here. I've been registered for a few months, but have been lurking for a little while, and had a login issue, which the webmaster graciously fixed a couple weeks ago. I've been a King fan since I was around 12 or 13 (41 now.) I wasn't never too into collecting until about 6 months ago when the company I work for, which is primarily in the furniture liquidation business had the opportunity to liquidate thousands of books, which we did and I started running a little book corner in our store. I didn't find many valuable or collectible books in the lots we bought, but, for reasons I can't really explain, being surrounded by so many books ignited a strong need to start collecting. At first I was able to subsidize my new addiction with sales from my store, but we lost our retail location and moved to a new one in a less desirable location so sales have been pretty slow lately, but that hasn't kept me from adding to my collection on a regular basis. I started with King, but quickly started branching out all over the map, so to speak. Ramsey Campbell, David J. Schow, Joe R. Lansdale, Robert Bloch, John Skipp and Craig Spector, Peter Straub, H.P. Lovecraft, and lots of horror anthologies. I also started picking up 80's horror paperbacks (mainly from what I call the post King boom) they don't have a lot of value, but I owned and read a lot of them as a kid, so there's a lot of nostalgia there. I'm also a big comedy fan and have picked up a few signed books by comics I admire like Don Rickles and Penn And Teller. So far my collection consists of about 1,250 books and I spend all my free time inventorying what I have for my store and cataloging my personal collection and find I enjoy it as much as one of my other hobbies, playing pool.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Nicklewise! You will find many members here that collect more than just King. (although not me )
    1,250 books eh? That sounds like someone who should be posting pictures of their own collection in the collections thread... would love to see what you have
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger Apprentice Nickelwise is on a distinguished road

thanks Stroppygoblin! Pictures will definitely be forthcoming. I'm still looking at the tutorials here and figuring out how everything works, but once I get that all figured out, I'll be posting quite a few pictures, though I may have to buy a camera first. I've been taking a few pics for the Pinterest page with my phone for my store, but photography isn't one of my strong suits and they haven't been turning out too well so far.

ASST. HAVEN FUND WHORE SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish
    Country
    Country Flag

WELCOME to all our newcomers!!!
    "We make up horrors to help us cope with the real ones."

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking forward to seeing your collection, Nickelwise, and welcome.

John

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

WELCOME!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    Hi- Just a King collector from NY. Hope to make new friends with similar interests.
    I think you slipped in under the radar there Carter! Welcome to you too!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger Apprentice Amber is on a distinguished road Amber's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to all the newbies,(me included) I am proud to call this bunch people of my Folken

Traveler Ake, Ake! will become famous soon enough Ake, Ake!'s Avatar

I notice a lot of the activity here is old, but I thought I'd introduce myself. I just got through TDT for the first time. I did the whole thing on audio starting in December and finishing this weekend. All seven books in a little more than a month. Now it's over and I'm really not sure what to do with myself, ha ha. I'm glad to have found this forum. Reading through the ending thread has allowed some of my wounds to heal.

Wow, I did a bad job with the instructions!

Here are my answers:

How did you discover the Dark Tower? - I have been a fan of SK since childhood. I love audio books and for the past year I have been steadily working my way through King's canon. I finally decided to tackle the Tower. I am so very thankful that just this fall I read the Stand and Salem's Lot was the last thing I listened to right before the Tower. Ka must have known the right order.

Who is your favorite character? - Seriously, just one? Gut reaction to that question is Eddie, but it is so hard for me to chose.

What is your favorite book? I'll go with Drawing of the Three for now, but honestly it's all still so fresh it's hard to say for sure. I also really like wolves of Calla because I am a big fan of King's cross germination so I really liked seeing Pere Callahan again.

How old are you? 38

Where are you from? Virginia, US

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I just wanted to say Welcome to our newest member Ake Ake! He/She hasn't posted or introduced themselves yet (please Do!) but I just think thats the best Forum name I have seen for a while!!!
    (it certainly made me smile! - I hope the avatar matches )

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Ake! Ake!

Next you've got to read The Wind Through the Keyhole--it's book 4.5 in the DT series and great!

John

Thanks and I should have added that my actual name is Amy. The screen name just kind of came to me. Once I figure out the controls the avatar will most definitely match!

hi John,

Thanks, I know. I decided to take a semi break and so I got every things eventual and the skeleton crew. That way I can have some palate cleansers with a touch of mid world and then I'll do keyhole. After all seven books back to back and the end. I just need a little time.

amy

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, my friends!
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Amy!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 310 of 430 FirstFirst ... 210 260 300 308 309 310 311 312 320 360 410 ... LastLast