Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 306 of 430 FirstFirst ... 206 256 296 304 305 306 307 308 316 356 406 ... LastLast
Results 7,626 to 7,650 of 10743

Thread: Introduce yourself

Gunslinger Apprentice Meagan J is on a distinguished road Meagan J's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks everyone! I'm a stay-at-home mom, so I don't have a ton of money to spend on S/L and mint first editions, but I enjoy digging in thrift stores and 2nd hand book sales. I'm having fun just drooling over everyone else's collections!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Meagan J View Post
    Thanks everyone! I'm a stay-at-home mom, so I don't have a ton of money to spend on S/L and mint first editions, but I enjoy digging in thrift stores and 2nd hand book sales. I'm having fun just drooling over everyone else's collections!
    Welcome, my dear!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Traveler mcrow24 will become famous soon enough mcrow24's Avatar

Hello.

My name is Mike. Some of you may know me from the SK forums by the same user name. I just started rereading Gunslinger after not reading it since about 1990, totally forgot how awesome this series is.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the forum and yes (you are right) the series is freaking awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by mcrow24 View Post
    Hello.

My name is Mike. Some of you may know me from the SK forums by the same user name. I just started rereading Gunslinger after not reading it since about 1990, totally forgot how awesome this series is.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mcrow24 View Post
    Hello.

Welcome!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Traveler Jessie Snow is on a distinguished road Jessie Snow's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Country
    Country Flag

Hile friends, may we be well met! My name's Jessie, and here's a little about me:

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    I started reading King when browsing my step-father's book shelves. He has a number of his novels, including the first three or four of TDT. I was hooked right from the beginning of The Gunslinger.

Who is your favorite character?
    This, is a really tough question lol. If it came right down to it, I probably would choose either Eddie or Cuthbert.

What is your favorite book?
    Again, a really hard question lol. I'm currently rereading the series since I don't remember the story much from when I first read it in high school, but of the ones I've read so far (I'm in the middle of Wolves)... either Drawing of the Three or Wastelands.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Vermont

Do you have a nickname?
    My closest friends call me Rahlbert, which is a complicated story. Some of you avid fantasy readers may recognize part of it lol. Otherwise, people just call me Jess or Jessie.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

ASST. HAVEN FUND WHORE SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Jessie... Welcome.

Is the Rahl in Rahlbert a reference to the Sword of Truth series?
    "We make up horrors to help us cope with the real ones."

Traveler Jessie Snow is on a distinguished road Jessie Snow's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SirFolio16 View Post
    Hey Jessie... Welcome.

Is the Rahl in Rahlbert a reference to the Sword of Truth series?
    Haha, yes it is. Since you bit, I'll explain a bit more.

It comes from an online handle I've been using since 2008, ConfessorRahl, then KahlanRahl. I play a game called Cyber Nations and there is where I met most of my current ka-tet, if you will. People tend to shorten my name to Kahlan, KR, or most commonly Rahl. I don't know who started it, but Rahlbert has stuck with me ever since.

Edit: And thankee-sais for the welcomes! ^_^

Traveler mcrow24 will become famous soon enough mcrow24's Avatar

How did you discover the Dark Tower?Saw it on the books shelf at a B&N years ago. Read Gunslinger around 1990 or so I'd guess.

Cuthbert, maybe?

What is your favorite book?

I have yet to read all of the books and rereading The Gunslinger right now so I'd go with that one for now.

How old are you?
    Where are you from?
    Central Minnesota

Do you have a nickname?
    I have a few:
    Crowbait (last name is Crow)
    Mighty Mouse (I'm short and built like Mighty Mouse)
    Little Crow (after the Indian chief. Many people think I'm native and I'm not but those that know that use it as a short joke)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, mcrow24! Please feel free to post often.

John

Traveler IceVamp is on a distinguished road IceVamp's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Hello Constant Readers!

Hi,

I originally created an account in 2097 but I haven't been here in a while. My husband & I (longtime Constant Readers) saw him in Cambridge for the Doc Sleep tour & were lucky to get a signed copy of Doc Sleep. Just started reading it. Very excited! Our first reading but second signed book.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

A Hearty "Welcome" to all New comer's!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by IceVamp View Post
    Hi,

I originally created an account in 2097 but I haven't been here in a while. My husband & I (longtime Constant Readers) saw him in Cambridge for the Doc Sleep tour & were lucky to get a signed copy of Doc Sleep. Just started reading it. Very excited! Our first reading but second signed book.
    Welcome Ice and hubby! Don't be strangers.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by IceVamp View Post
    Hi,

I originally created an account in 2097 but I haven't been here in a while.
    Welcome, time traveler!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Country
    Country Flag

to all newcomers: don't miss the big event!

you're late for nominaitons, but right in time for the voting!

Traveler tufagon is on a distinguished road tufagon's Avatar

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    I took the Audio books of the dark tower series on Holiday to Egypt this summer. I have never read any books of the series so did not know what to expect. Thought it would be a distraction as I wached the banks of the Nile float by. I soon got a reputation for sitting in silence and not joining in. Last night I finished the last book and could not sleep!

Roland, Eddie, Jake, Detta, Oi, Suzanna, The God bomb preacher 'say, 'thank yea' ' in that order but there are so many others ...

What is your favorite book
    The Wolves of the Calla

How old are you?
    59 .... 19....and 90 and 9

Where are you from?
    Leeds UK

Do you have a nickname?

sharminator....not to my face
    'grandad' to the special ones

favourite quote

anything by the God Bomb preacher 'Say, 'Thank yea' '

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, tufagon! Please feel free to post often!

John

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tufagon View Post
    What is your favorite book
    The Wolves of the Calla
    YES!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Traveler kingsnake is on a distinguished road

How did you discover the Dark Tower? Purely by accident.

Who is your favorite character? This week? Humphrey the Bear.

What is your favorite book? The Beaver Pond.

How old are you? 48 going on 17.

Where are you from? SE Washington.

do you have a nickname? Yes.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingsnake View Post
    Who is your favorite character? This week? Humphrey the Bear.
    the bear! the bear!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 306 of 430 FirstFirst ... 206 256 296 304 305 306 307 308 316 356 406 ... LastLast