Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 300 of 430 FirstFirst ... 200 250 290 298 299 300 301 302 310 350 400 ... LastLast
Results 7,476 to 7,500 of 10740

Thread: Introduce yourself

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Fearless! How far are you in the series?

John

Rabid Billybumbler fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i have reached the tower at long last

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fearless-freak View Post
    Congrats and welcome!

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fearless-freak View Post
    Nice to have you here fearless-freak!

Traveler dwilkows is on a distinguished road

How did you discover the Dark Tower? I've been a Stephen King fan for years before the Dark Tower series began.

Who is your favorite charcter? It's all about Roland, right? But I kind of like Jake too. Although I think King has difficulty with child characters.

What is your favorite book? I haven't read the 7th book yet and am re-reading the first six before I do. So far I'd say it's The Drawing of the Three.

How old are you? Quite

Where are you from? Willmar, Minnesota

Do you have a nickname? Yes
    Last edited by dwilkows; 04-23-2013 at 08:30 PM. Reason: font size

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello dwilkows. Welcome.

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome dwillkows, have a seat, take a drink and make yourself at home.
    Christine

Traveler Country is on a distinguished road Country's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

How did you discover the Dark Tower?

Was later getting to this series, I was 21 I believe when I read The Gunslinger. For some reason I got sidetracked
    and never followed up. I then came back to the series after the last couple books were published. I'm currently
    reading the third book of the series. I'm not sure there is anything except this series and Eyes of the Dragon by King,
    that I have not read. I'm also sure some King fans would read this and be like "Dude...you haven't read the
    Dark Tower series yet?" Hey, I'm getting there. I love stories that can take things from this world and put
    a spin or emphasis on them in another, so suffice to say I'm really, really enjoying it so far! First King book I
    read was The Dead Zone when I was 15.

Who is your favorite character?

A toss-up, and I'm only barely halfway through the journey but I'd have to say I like Eddie. We can all identify with
    people we know that seem like him. I like how the new world is kind of giving him a fresh start of sorts...even if
    his final desintation may still be the same. I'm excited to see where his journey goes and how his character
    and old habits are challenged.

What is your favorite book? Well in the series, I liked #2 a LOT, but again I'm just halfway through the third
    one. Overall from SK, Christine, The Dead Zone, and The Stand are all faves I return to now and again. I believe
    the only King book I was really disappointed in was 'It came from a Buick 8'. Non-supernatural based ones from his
    catalog such as Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption and The Body are also timeless treasures in story telling.
    I also really liked The Long Walk and others he did under the Bachman name.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

The Pacific Northwest

do you have a nickname?

Country (given to me by my city friends in the workplace years ago) because I hail from a rural area whose vast,
    beautiful landscape could still be the setting for any Western film.

Add note: I'm looking forward to corresponding with people here about the Dark Tower and King's stories
    in general.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome both dwilkows and Country!

Please feel free to post often!

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site, folks!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome you two! Make yourselves at home.

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Country!!

Don't feel bad about not getting to TDT until now, it took me many years to finally get through the series and that wasn't until I was over 40 and had been reading King for 20 of them.
    Christine

Traveler Country is on a distinguished road Country's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you Christine, and everyone!

Traveler Luciddreamer is on a distinguished road

Hello everyone!

Firstly it's about time that I joined a Dark Tower forum. It was by a complete accident that I discovered The Dark Tower series. And what a discovery it was. My wife always complains that I never buy her anything, so whilst at a book shop early last year I was visually intrigued by this new book by Stephen King called The Wind through the keyhole. I had no idea what it was about, only that the cover looked great. So I purchased the book and gave it to my wife. Now my wife is very particular when it comes to books, she is a big reader and will read everything. But she will only read a book when she chooses to read it. So this book that I so thoughtfully bought her was left lying around for a couple of weeks unread. That's when I picked it up and decided to give it a go myself. And what a decision that was. I was encapsulated from the off. The wind through the keyhole was a great way to begin my journey to the tower( though I know it was in the middle ). The whole series is just one big emotional roller coaster and I swallowed up every book. My favourite book has to be Wizard & Glass. What an incredible book!!!
    I genuinely feel like I'm emotionally connected to everything that is the dark tower. I am also in hope that it will one day be put on the big screen like so many of king's other books. I know it would be a huge project, but this is King's crowning glory and it has to be shared with everyone!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site. Spend some time checking out the entire site.

Country
    Country Flag

Love the name, Lucid. Welcome!

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Lucid!! I'm with Stebbins here, great name!!

A couple things you should know if you didn't notice them already, you can't post pics or links until you have 5 posts.

I think TWTTK is a great place to start the story really, since it's mostly back story anyway. I hope your wife gets around to reading it someday.
    Christine

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Luciddreamer! Please feel free to post often!

John

Traveler Mykul is on a distinguished road

How did you discover the Dark Tower? SK fan since reading Christine in High School

Who is your favorite character? Cort.

What is your favorite book? Originally I hated Wizard and Glass. (I was in a hurry to finish) Now I love the story.

How old are you? 37

Where are you from? San Tan Valley, AZ

Do you have a nickname? Mykul

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site boys and girls!

Best tip I can give you? Get involved and post heaps. The community here is full of amazing people with such a HUGE knowledge base about King and everything related. You'll stumble across so much cool info and people here, you won't want to log off to your real life.

Share opinions, don't be afraid to differ with someone else, and have some fun.

Oh, and if you like the opportunity to pick up something special for your collection, keep an eye on the Classifieds thread.

Look forward to hearing from you!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Jimimck said it all! Welcome!

John

Country
    Country Flag

What Jimmick said. Welcome Mykul, have a seat and join the conversations.
    Christine

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Luciddreamer View Post
    Hello everyone!

Firstly it's about time that I joined a Dark Tower forum. It was by a complete accident that I discovered The Dark Tower series. And what a discovery it was. My wife always complains that I never buy her anything, so whilst at a book shop early last year I was visually intrigued by this new book by Stephen King called The Wind through the keyhole. I had no idea what it was about, only that the cover looked great. So I purchased the book and gave it to my wife. Now my wife is very particular when it comes to books, she is a big reader and will read everything. But she will only read a book when she chooses to read it. So this book that I so thoughtfully bought her was left lying around for a couple of weeks unread. That's when I picked it up and decided to give it a go myself. And what a decision that was. I was encapsulated from the off. The wind through the keyhole was a great way to begin my journey to the tower( though I know it was in the middle ). The whole series is just one big emotional roller coaster and I swallowed up every book. My favourite book has to be Wizard & Glass. What an incredible book!!!
    I genuinely feel like I'm emotionally connected to everything that is the dark tower. I am also in hope that it will one day be put on the big screen like so many of king's other books. I know it would be a huge project, but this is King's crowning glory and it has to be shared with everyone!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mykul View Post
    How did you discover the Dark Tower? SK fan since reading Christine in High School

Who is your favorite character? Cort.

What is your favorite book? Originally I hated Wizard and Glass. (I was in a hurry to finish) Now I love the story.

How old are you? 37

Where are you from? San Tan Valley, AZ

Do you have a nickname? Mykul

WELCOME!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 300 of 430 FirstFirst ... 200 250 290 298 299 300 301 302 310 350 400 ... LastLast