Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 299 of 430 FirstFirst ... 199 249 289 297 298 299 300 301 309 349 399 ... LastLast
Results 7,451 to 7,475 of 10742

Thread: Introduce yourself

Traveler bmcmolo is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Welcome! Please post often!

(Your choice of favorite characters is interesting--lots of "intelligent" machines!)

John
    I missed that, but you're right! I wonder what that reveals about me, haha.

Traveler bmcmolo is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    interesting indeed

Mcmolo: don't be shy to post in old threads. I mean, some people think, for some unfathomable reasons, that it's not right to resurrect a thread that hasn't been posted in for months (or years). It is, however, perfectly all right and actually desirable. We might do with some fresh ideas around here.
    Will do. Looking forward to it. I keep meaning to carve out some time and make my way through them... I should move it up the to-do list.

Thanks for the responses, everyone!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bmcmolo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    interesting indeed

Mcmolo: don't be shy to post in old threads. I mean, some people think, for some unfathomable reasons, that it's not right to resurrect a thread that hasn't been posted in for months (or years). It is, however, perfectly all right and actually desirable. We might do with some fresh ideas around here.
    Will do. Looking forward to it. I keep meaning to carve out some time and make my way through them... I should move it up the to-do list.

Thanks for the responses, everyone!
    Welcome to the forum!

Traveler jertoncvv is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

How did you discover the Dark Tower?

Listening an album called "Touched by the Crimson King", by Demons & Wizards. It's kinda conceptual with some tracks inspired on The Dark Tower.

Who is your favorite character?

Since I've just finished the first book, I think I have to say Roland.

What is your favorite book?

The only one I already finished, The Gunslinger, probably the best book I've ever read.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Brazil

do you have a nickname?

No.

Have you got any Tattoos?

I've got a Saint George and the Dragon on my left arm, a mermaid holding a mermaid baby (my wife and baby) on my leg, a Bad Religion's Suffer album cover art and a sentence on my feet that says: "Wherever you are, I'll always be by your side" (I suppose it's the right translation to the sentence, tattooed in Portuguese)

What do you do?

I'm a Merchant Marine Officer. (I'm a ship pilot)

I'm just in the begin of the path, but already very impressed. This book definitely blew up my mind!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, jertoncvv! Please feel free to post often.

By the way, the Dark Tower books get better and better!

John

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jertoncvv View Post
    What is your favorite book?

The only one I already finished, The Gunslinger, probably the best book I've ever read.
    I can tell we're going to get along just fine

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Jertoncvv!!! Well met, and hope to see you around often.
    Christine

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Welcome!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Long days and pleasant nights!

Traveler cliftoncarver is on a distinguished road

Hello all. I have always been haunted by the dark tower. I finally had to write a song about it. I figure you guys might enjoy....

[URL="http://www.reverbnation.com/cliftoncarver/song/10604637-the-number-19"]

http://www.reverbnation.com/cliftoncarver/song/10604637-the-number-19

Traveler cliftoncarver is on a distinguished road

Default Haunted

Hello all-I started reading these books back when I was 15. I am 36 now. I have always been haunted by Roland. I finally wrote a song about it when I was living in the middle of nowhere Japan. I figure you all might like it---most people hate it.

http://www.reverbnation.com/cliftonc...-the-number-19

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stebbins View Post
    Yes, Bears. It was quite unexpected. Thanks for the well wishes. I don't plan on it happening again
    Truly hope you are well or, on the mend!!!
    On the mend, but getting there. Thanks Merlin my friend.

Welcome jertoncvv, glad to have you and I hope you enjoy the rest of the path (and post often)!

Traveler pixie-egg is on a distinguished road pixie-egg's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi all,

Thought I'd best start here.

I spent many weeks/months/years hating it as all I saw of my hubby was a DT book in his face. Thought I'd check it out and got hooked.

Who is your favourite character?
    Is it clique to say Roland? From start to finish I loved him.

Favourite book?
    Drawing of the Three, hands down.

How old?

Where from?
    UK - Yorkshire.

Nickname?
    Mumsiv.

Tattoos?
    Not enough! I have a couple of tiny ones i did myself on my wrist, a shite tribal i got when i was 15 and regret it now for many reasons, i have a stickman version of hubby playing his didg and later added the boy and lastly a crimson 19. More planned for the future though. Also many piercings and stretched lobes.

What do you do?
    Since I gave up work when I had the boy I am now struggling to get back into it. Filling my time (now he's at school) with study towards a BSc in Natural Sciences.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pixie-egg View Post
    Hi all,

Thought I'd best start here.

I spent many weeks/months/years hating it as all I saw of my hubby was a DT book in his face. Thought I'd check it out and got hooked.

Who is your favourite character?
    Is it clique to say Roland? From start to finish I loved him.

Favourite book?

How old?

Where from?
    UK - Yorkshire.

Nickname?
    Mumsiv.

Tattoos?
    Not enough! I have a couple of tiny ones i did myself on my wrist, a shite tribal i got when i was 15 and regret it now for many reasons, i have a stickman version of hubby playing his didg and later added the boy and lastly a crimson 19. More planned for the future though. Also many piercings and stretched lobes.

What do you do?
    Since I gave up work when I had the boy I am now struggling to get back into it. Filling my time (now he's at school) with study towards a BSc in Natural Sciences.

Welcome!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome pixie-egg! Please feel free to post often!

John

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pixie-egg View Post
    Favourite book?
    I like you already Welcome!

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Pixe, nice to have more females on the boards, once you have 5 posts we would love to see your tats.
    Christine

Traveler scoutandbatsy is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Default hi

hi I first started reading the gunslinger 10years ago, I am a Stephen king fan anyway and have been for many years and I came across the gunslinger in my local library and enjoyed it so much I was hooked.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, scoutandbatsy!

John

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome scoutandbatsy!

Good to have you and please make yourself at home

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by scoutandbatsy View Post
    hi I first started reading the gunslinger 10years ago, I am a Stephen king fan anyway and have been for many years and I came across the gunslinger in my local library and enjoyed it so much I was hooked.
    Welcome to the best Dark Tower forums on the web. Look forward to hearing more from you.
    Christine

Rabid Billybumbler fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

hile fellow beam travelers, this is my third journey to the tower hopefully this time i'll be able to finish it

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fearless-freak View Post
    hile fellow beam travelers, this is my third journey to the tower hopefully this time i'll be able to finish it
    Welcome Fearless! Glad to have you here, feel free to jump into the conversations.
    Christine

+ Reply to Thread
Page 299 of 430 FirstFirst ... 199 249 289 297 298 299 300 301 309 349 399 ... LastLast