Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 297 of 430 FirstFirst ... 197 247 287 295 296 297 298 299 307 347 397 ... LastLast
Results 7,401 to 7,425 of 10742

Thread: Introduce yourself

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ajw2910 View Post
    Thanks for the welcomes. I will try to get pics of my collection posted. I am not the most internet savvy person, so it may take a bit. What's the best way to get my pics on here?

Tony
    Hi Tony,
    welcome to the site. I hope this link will be of help
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...t=posting+pics

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

lol, you beat me to it

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

So, am I reading that correctly that I don't have to have my pics on Photobucket or another website and I can post directly to this site if I have a gallery set up for me by one of the moderators?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ajw2910 View Post
    So, am I reading that correctly that I don't have to have my pics on Photobucket or another website and I can post directly to this site if I have a gallery set up for me by one of the moderators?
    Yes. However, I believe you need 5 posts first.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Tony!!! Looking forward to chatting and seeing your collection.
    Christine

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Greetings friends,

Long time King reader here. Found these boards by a desire to start shopping for S/N LE's of my favorite series of books of all time: The Dark Tower. I stumbled upon this site after traipsing through the Collector's boards and decided to sign up and throw my hat in the ring.

I first read Stephen King as an entirely too young precocious bookworm. Cant remember which was my first but I am thinking it may have been Cujo. I was 11 when that book was published. Not sure if I read it immediately when it came out, but it wasnt long after, because I instantly became a King Acolyte. The 80's were good to me. Pet Sematary, The Bachman Books, IT, Christine, Thinner... never again was it so fun being so scared. I read heavily at a young age: Tolkien, Howard, Heinlein, Asimov, PJF... but when I found Stephen King he became my favorite author. There was just something about the way that he told the story. How he peppered his books with thoughts, sayings, actions and feelings that were UNIVERSAL, even to my young mind before it started to think about Literary Theory, symbolism, allusions and such. He just told a hell of a story.

I think I found The Dark Tower after I had read Eyes of the Dragon. That story blew my mind. It was my first experience with a King book that was non- Horror. At that time, I didn't know he wrote in other genre styles. I quickly did some research and sought out the Gunslinger. I enjoyed the first book but it was when I got ahold of and devoured the Drawing of the Three that it really grabbed me and became a Dark Tower fan for life. The Wastelands came and went. I ate it up. My little sister gave me a birthday gift one year. A Donald Grant Trade edition of Wizard & Glass that she had bought at her part time job at Borders bookstore. It was my first exposure to any type of Small Press luxury Limited Edition. Even though it wasn't one of the coveted S&N LE's (I mean who could afford one of those in 97 on a bookstore wage?) I thought it was cool as hell. Little did I know that I would be chasing those dang Grant editions (and spending way too much money)years later. I loved it. I still think it is one of the coolest gifts I have ever gotten.

Then I walked into a desert of my own making...

I still to this very day... all of these years later have not finished reading the Dark Tower series. I guess I got caught up with other things. Movies, Film school, Music, Partying, concerts, guitar, chasing women, Life. I kind of fell off the wagon along the way.

I guess I loved the story so much that I never wanted it to end. That feeling you sometimes get when you are 10-20 pages away from the end of a book where you have been loving it so much… eating it up, until you suddenly try to SLOW DOWN reading because you don’t want it to be over, while the same time you are spurred to read at a breakneck pace to see what happens. But finding out how it all turns out comes with a price. The book is over. The story is done. What am I going to read tomorrow? What will I look forward to? And it is still too fresh to re-read and get the same fix, even though you want to do so immediately. Maybe in a year, perhaps two.

It reminds me of a scene in a favorite film of mine. I’m not that big a fan of Tom Cruise, but I loved him in Cameron Crowe’s Vanilla Sky. There is a scene where he is in bed with Penelope Cruz and he calls himself a “Pleasure Delayer.” One who holds off on the actuation of pleasure or happiness to dwell on the feeling you get when it is about to happen. That anticipation… the feeling of something good to come is almost better than the good itself, and definitely better than when the good has gone. I guess I’m kind of that way with the Dark Tower.

I bought the books. I’ve been an ebay fiend for years. Popped my cherry with DG by ordering the Artist Edition of Wolves of the Calla. Snagged the box set. Even met Michael Whelan at a talk he gave and busted out my 3rd print Gunslinger from the shrinkwrap to have him sign it. Scored a S/N LE of LSoE from ebay and got it registered and bought The Wind through the Keyhole to match.

I’ve even started the series over again more than once, but I’ve never completed it. Never even have gotten past my original stopping point. But the time is now. The quest renewed. Not only am I gunning for a full S/N LE Set. (A tall order, I ken… I may never even be able to afford a # I), but I am going to read the damn things.

All the way through.

I-VII and then the two after em.

Fie on all those fokkers who didn’t like the ending. The road goes on for me.

I am on the path of the beam. My quest is renewed. Did it ever really end?

KA is a wheel.

Walk with me…

“The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed…”

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

All right, so for all of those who went WALL OF TEXT **Smacks head**

(i'm sure there weren't many because this is a board of FANatics, afficianadoes, philosophers, and dreamcatchers, I ken...)

here is an answer to one of the regular questions.

I go by the nickname/handle lookwhoitis on the interwebs. I picked that name when signing up for an account on the Microsoft gaming zone many years ago to play the game Age of Empires. I spent many hours on that game and its sequels over the years.

At the time I wanted a name that was fun, quirky and creative. It worked. every time I showed up i heard LOOK WHO IT IS! I started getting a tickly feeling when i heard the phrase in movies. It made me feel special. My peers started crying it out whenever they saw me or even upon seeing anyone that was worth recognizing. A hot girl. A celebrity. A sports star. It became kind of a catchphrase and still is.

I have used the handle on every boards, internet presence, videogame, ect. ever since. If someone has already purloined my name, i just throw an underscore in there.

So there it is. My nickname...

(shoulda picked Gunslinger! )

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the forum Lookwhoitis! Please look around, post often, and enjoy the members. There are some very nice folks here plus it is the best site for information on SK collecting.

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Lookwhoitis!

Based on the ending of your first post, I take it you have read all the DT books now. I got a giggle out of the not wanting it to end part.

Anyways, don't be a stranger!

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stebbins View Post
    Welcome, Lookwhoitis!

Based on the ending of your first post, I take it you have read all the DT books now. I got a giggle out of the not wanting it to end part.

Nope, I am right where I 've always been. Complete through Wizard & Glass.

Blasting off soon on the complete re-read>first read. It's time.

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Lookwhoitis!! We are happy to have you here.
    Christine

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stebbins View Post
    Welcome, Lookwhoitis!

Nope, I am right where I 've always been. Complete through Wizard & Glass.

Blasting off soon on the complete re-read>first read. It's time.
    Ahhh, my apologies about the misunderstanding. Starting fresh with DT I is definitely the way to go IMO. Also, DT II is what really drew me into the series and remains tied for my favorite (along with IV and VII).

Traveler Agent Jones is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Busy

Hey... so. It's been a little while since I read the whole of the Tower books, but a coworker just finished Book 7 and it got me all nostalgic, so... here I am. Hi.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

LemurSharon?! tell me it's you!!!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Agent Jones!! Glad to have you here.
    Christine

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

Hi! Newbie here! I joined at the suggestion of another member who bought some books from me on eBay. I joined mainly to hang out in the collecting forums. So if y'all need me ill be obverse there.

My Mood
    Busy

Eheheh yeah, it's me. Life went... extremely crazy since the last time I was here. But I'm back! You just can't keep the Tower out of your blood once it's in there, I guess!

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

True, that. Nice to see you again.

My Mood
    Busy

Same to you.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome both Agent Jones and Booknutt! Please feel free to post often!

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Booknutt, nice to have you here, look forward to chatting with you.
    Last edited by ChristineB; 02-22-2013 at 08:02 AM. Reason: for spelling it's here not hear, don't believe I didn't see that on the first go round hehe
    Christine

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome guys!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 297 of 430 FirstFirst ... 197 247 287 295 296 297 298 299 307 347 397 ... LastLast