Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 293 of 430 FirstFirst ... 193 243 283 291 292 293 294 295 303 343 393 ... LastLast
Results 7,301 to 7,325 of 10742

Thread: Introduce yourself

Traveler The Dark Man is on a distinguished road The Dark Man's Avatar

hello my name is Randel Flagg. Just Kidding my name Is Christopher Brooks Donovan.

How did you discover the Dark Tower? Well I had a friend whom told me about the series. picked it up and didnt put it down. THANK ELI!!!

Who is your favorite charcter? I'd have to say Roland, but the one who really made it "to my favorite character was Oy.

What is your favorite book? Dark Tower 7 hands down

How old are you? 28

Where are you from? Long Island, N.Y.

do you have a nickname? Dark Mage Flagg

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Man View Post
    hello my name is Randel Flagg. Just Kidding my name Is Christopher Brooks Donovan.

How did you discover the Dark Tower? Well I had a friend whom told me about the series. picked it up and didnt put it down. THANK ELI!!!

Who is your favorite charcter? I'd have to say Roland, but the one who really made it "to my favorite character was Oy.

What is your favorite book? Dark Tower 7 hands down

How old are you? 28

Where are you from? Long Island, N.Y.

do you have a nickname? Dark Mage Flagg

Welcome to the site!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

Welcome!!

Traveler AndyM is on a distinguished road AndyM's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hello all -

New member here, though I may be familiar to some in the larger geek community as I've got credits in books, comics, DVDs, and more. Check out my webpage to see...
    www.andymangels.com

Longtime horror fan, and have been reading Stephen King since around 1980. Don't remember what was first, though probably Carrie.

Read "The Monkey" somewhen prior to Skeleton Crew and had nightmares about it for decades. Still hate the damned cymbal monkeys.

Watched The Shining on video in about 1983-84 alone in an apartment I was apartment-sitting and was terrified. Much preferred Firestarter, which I watched dozens of times.

Favorite King books are probably Firestarter, Cell, and The Stand.

Favorite King media projects are Firestarter, Needful Things, and The Stand. Loved the soundtracks to all three as well. As with King, music is an important part of the equation for me.

Originally from small town in Montana (Bigfork), but escaped from there and have lived in Portland, OR for 28 years now.

Known for my prodiguious Wonder Woman collection, I also have a lot of King material, mostly related to media. Looking to buy/trade for press kits and scripts that I don't already own.

EDIT: Speaking of which, there are sections for the books and comics on here, but nothing much for the collecting of the movie/tv memorabilia... This section doesn't appear to be very busy or really for collecting...
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...vision-Catalog

Is there another section that would be more appropriate to post things about movie and TV King material?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Traveler tomegunslingers is on a distinguished road tomegunslingers's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    Been a big SK fan and was always daunted by the Tower series (alot to tackle) but finally succumbed and LOVED it! I am now starting the comics...

Who is your favorite character?
    the easy answer is Rollie but besides him, I would say Andy the messenger robot was suuuper interesting! (would love to hear his backstory!)

What is your favorite book?
    Wolves of the Calla

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    San Francisco Bay Area.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, one and all!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tomegunslingers View Post
    How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    Been a big SK fan and was always daunted by the Tower series (alot to tackle) but finally succumbed and LOVED it! I am now starting the comics...

Who is your favorite character?
    the easy answer is Rollie but besides him, I would say Andy the messenger robot was suuuper interesting! (would love to hear his backstory!)

What is your favorite book?
    Wolves of the Calla

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    San Francisco Bay Area.
    Welcome, I too am from the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay).

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    Hello all -

New member here, though I may be familiar to some in the larger geek community as I've got credits in books, comics, DVDs, and more. Check out my webpage to see...
    www.andymangels.com

Longtime horror fan, and have been reading Stephen King since around 1980. Don't remember what was first, though probably Carrie.

Read "The Monkey" somewhen prior to Skeleton Crew and had nightmares about it for decades. Still hate the damned cymbal monkeys.

Watched The Shining on video in about 1983-84 alone in an apartment I was apartment-sitting and was terrified. Much preferred Firestarter, which I watched dozens of times.

Favorite King media projects are Firestarter, Needful Things, and The Stand. Loved the soundtracks to all three as well. As with King, music is an important part of the equation for me.

Originally from small town in Montana (Bigfork), but escaped from there and have lived in Portland, OR for 28 years now.

Known for my prodiguious Wonder Woman collection, I also have a lot of King material, mostly related to media. Looking to buy/trade for press kits and scripts that I don't already own.

EDIT: Speaking of which, there are sections for the books and comics on here, but nothing much for the collecting of the movie/tv memorabilia... This section doesn't appear to be very busy or really for collecting...

Is there another section that would be more appropriate to post things about movie and TV King material?

Movies are discussed in The Gem Theater:
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...he-Gem-Theater

TV shows are discussed in Fedic Station:
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...-Fedic-Station

Actual collection of King books are in Calvin's Corner. Calvin's Corner has an area where you can create a collection thread, or you can post King promotional items etc. Poke around there. If you need more help, just post another question. Welcome to the site.

Calvin's Corner:
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...alvin-s-Corner

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

Welcome!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

*toasts new people*
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Traveler AndyM is on a distinguished road AndyM's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Randall -
    Thanks for your answer. I guess I'll have to split up discussions. ;>
    Will take some shots too, to post in Calvin's Corner.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome fellow "geeker" from the Great Northwest

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    Hello all -

www.andymangels.com

Welcome fellow "geeker" from the Great Northwest

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Traveler Amelie de Sade is on a distinguished road Amelie de Sade's Avatar

I could have sworn I was registered here ages ago; I suppose I've been lurking as a guest since 2008 or so.

I have an issue... I'm a pusher. Not like Jack Mort, more like a drug dealer, except the goods I push are found in The Dark Tower series. To date, I've purchased & gifted fourteen of the original series of seven, and cajoled, whined, nagged and prodded my victims, er... gift recipients, through the entire series. I find myself interrogating my hapless friends and family about characters, the whats and whys of situations, connections to other works... but I'm sure plenty of you know how it goes. Right? It's not just me, is it? I mean, I could stop any time I wanted...

How did you discover the Dark Tower? My late father ended up with a copy of The Gunslinger in a bag of paperback westerns a friend gave him. He read it, said "Stephen King ain't so bad after all," and gave it to me. At that point, only the first three novels had been published and we read them over and over and over until Wizard & Glass. So I guess you could say I didn't discover The Dark Tower, I was led to it.

Who is your favorite character? Jake, without a doubt, and that's most likely because I was about Jake's age when I first read The Gunslinger. That and he's become quite the ass-kicker through the series.

What is your favorite book? Wolves of the Calla, I think. It varies each time I re-read them. It was The Gunslinger last time.

How old are you? 30ish

Where are you from? Fredericksburg, Virginia

Do you have a nickname? Several, though Bunneh (that's Bunny, for those of you that don't speak lol) is my favorite.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi. Thanks for posting. Hope to hear from you more.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Hi. Thanks for posting. Hope to hear from you more.
    Ditto!! Welcome to the site!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, and thanks. Define "often," as I have the tendency to be quite loquacious.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Amelie de Sade View Post
    Hi, and thanks. Define "often," as I have the tendency to be quite loquacious.
    Really? If that is so strong a tendency of yours, why then were you...
    ... lurking as a guest since 2008 or so...
    ???

Really? If that is so strong a tendency of yours, why then were you...
    ... lurking as a guest since 2008 or so...

I felt I had nothing relevant to offer. My opinion of my opinions has changed.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Good! You seem very bright. I'm sure you will find your input welcomed just as often as you elect to voice it.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Good! You seem very bright. I'm sure you will find your input welcomed just as often as you elect to voice it.
    And we're off!!! LOL Great job, Path. Subtle yet to the point. I like that. You are a Master Debater!! LOL J/K LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Traveler HailEMC is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Well, My name is Eric. I first tried to read The Gunslinger as a Freshman in highschool, but found it much too dry. i picked it up a year again and loved it! I'm just starting to read the wolves of the calla, so please no spoilers!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the boards!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 293 of 430 FirstFirst ... 193 243 283 291 292 293 294 295 303 343 393 ... LastLast