Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 291 of 430 FirstFirst ... 191 241 281 289 290 291 292 293 301 341 391 ... LastLast
Results 7,251 to 7,275 of 10740

Thread: Introduce yourself

John F. Kennedy DTRAiN235 is on a distinguished road DTRAiN235's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I've met DTRAiN live in person a few years ago. It's a bit hazy now, probably on account of the quantity of beer that was involved. How the hell are you, man?

WELCOME TO ALL THE NEW MEMBERS! Please make yourselves comfortable and join in the discussions!

There WAS a lot of beer drank that evening. I don't keep in touch with Jesse as much as back then, but I will have to say that was a splendid evening!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, hush now, Bill and Jean.

D, well, I hope Jesse is doing well.

Didn't we also talk with Maita on the phone that evening from the pub? (I have no recollection of her TDT screenname that others would recognize.)

There must be pics of that evening out there somewhere. I can't even remember what year that was.

Anyway, man, that was a good night - although I was pretty beat going to work the next day.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

John F. Kennedy DTRAiN235 is on a distinguished road DTRAiN235's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Oh, hush now, Bill and Jean.

D, well, I hope Jesse is doing well.

Didn't we also talk with Maita on the phone that evening from the pub? (I have no recollection of her TDT screenname that others would recognize.)

There must be pics of that evening out there somewhere. I can't even remember what year that was.

Anyway, man, that was a good night - although I was pretty beat going to work the next day.
    We did call her (miranoriel)!

You still keep in touch with her?

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

She's around on Facebook. Problem is that I rarely go on FB.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Daryl!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

Welcome!!

Traveler TeaspoonLifeGirl is on a distinguished road TeaspoonLifeGirl's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post
    Hello!

I'm noticing that most of all the new sign ups are people I don't know. I say we introduce ourselves a bit here before the big launch.

But what about the little launches that life always brings? What if I am one of those people...

answer any or all and add your own questions.

I'd love to perhap' ask all kinds of existential questions, then, but that might be too deep to just start right up with, so I will wait for that moment, thanks...

How did you discover the Dark Tower?

I was always a wanderer myself in the lands of the Dark Tower, but I did not know that until I a) began by reading S. King's works to begin with and b) decided that supernatural Westerns like the Gunslinger saga (now known to you all as the Dark Tower saga) were trig.

Who is your favorite charcter?

Charcter, charcter...I could guess charter and charcoal. Either might be somehow sensible, you tell me. Maybe you want to know who my favorite *c h a r a c t e r* is.
    Dark Tower books: They are all lovely, somehow, each important and giving. But the gunslinger is only a catylyst, maybe, for more important folk. I am captivated personally by the good peoples of the lands of the Dark Tower the most, by the folken. I have met the folken in the lands of the Dark tower, journeying with Roland ever so quietly, only a cypher, not even seen to him. And yet, somehow, I am them.

What is your favorite book?

You task me far too hard with that question. All of them.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    :giggle: A River. It's lake had the name Ithaca. Then it went between two cities, in my when, Mpls/St. Paul.

do you have a nickname?

Shee! What a question! Sometimes, it has been Lorzilla, and at others, the Lorinator. Now, it's Mommie.

ances in the rice fields right with you, to dawn's coming:

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TeaspoonLifeGirl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post
    Hello!

I'm noticing that most of all the new sign ups are people I don't know. I say we introduce ourselves a bit here before the big launch.

But what about the little launches that life always brings? What if I am one of those people...

answer any or all and add your own questions.

I'd love to perhap' ask all kinds of existential questions, then, but that might be too deep to just start right up with, so I will wait for that moment, thanks...

I was always a wanderer myself in the lands of the Dark Tower, but I did not know that until I a) began by reading S. King's works to begin with and b) decided that supernatural Westerns like the Gunslinger saga (now known to you all as the Dark Tower saga) were trig.

Charcter, charcter...I could guess charter and charcoal. Either might be somehow sensible, you tell me. Maybe you want to know who my favorite *c h a r a c t e r* is.
    Dark Tower books: They are all lovely, somehow, each important and giving. But the gunslinger is only a catylyst, maybe, for more important folk. I am captivated personally by the good peoples of the lands of the Dark Tower the most, by the folken. I have met the folken in the lands of the Dark tower, journeying with Roland ever so quietly, only a cypher, not even seen to him. And yet, somehow, I am them.

You task me far too hard with that question. All of them.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    :giggle: A River. It's lake had the name Ithaca. Then it went between two cities, in my when, Mpls/St. Paul.

do you have a nickname?

Shee! What a question! Sometimes, it has been Lorzilla, and at others, the Lorinator. Now, it's Mommie.

ances in the rice fields right with you, to dawn's coming:
    OK!!! Welcome!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Traveler TeaspoonLifeGirl is on a distinguished road TeaspoonLifeGirl's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jeez. Paying any attention, are you??? Make me all self-conscious, even...TY!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

Welcome!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the forum!

Gunslinger Apprentice Jack Mort will become famous soon enough Jack Mort will become famous soon enough Jack Mort's Avatar

My Mood
    Bashful
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to TDT.org, TeaspoonLifeGirl!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

???????????????
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Traveler Jonny Five is on a distinguished road Jonny Five's Avatar

Hello all. How did you discover the Dark Tower?

I was directed to the audiobooks by a coworker with the very SK-grand cast sounding name of Lucas Roth (ranchhand at the Rocking B). That's 4 years back, and I have been listening to them pretty much continuously since then. The Dark Tower seems to kindle the same wild excitement I felt when I first saw "The Valley of Gwangi" as a kid; cowboys+dinosaurs = cowboys+thinnys. Guns, magic and slo-trans engines. YES!

This question requires a 2-part response. Main Character - Oy, because he is in fact the true unsung hero of the Ka-Tet, ever being omitted by King in his description of the group's line-up during their adventures ("Jake, Callahan and Eddie crossed the rectory yard, leaving Roland to palaver with the Manni folk." Did Oy just stop being there?) The only times I get teary eyed in the Dark Tower are when George Guidall gives voice to Oy's pleads to 'Ake ("Go on. You mind me now." "Taaab." - jake leaves oy with the mannifolk in doorway cave, song of susannah) Supporting Character(s) - Gasher, Coral Thorin, Sheriff Avery (Herkimer; by the gods, what a name!), Sheb (there's a guy on youtube named Tom Brier sight-reading nyan cat on an upright that is Sheb to the life in my mind's eye; all he needs is some sweat.), Blaine the Mono, Wayne Overholser.

It's a tie between Wizards and Glass & Wolves of The Calla. I've never read any westerns, but any I read on my way to the clearing will ultimately be benchmarked against these two epics. both seem to stand on their own as completed cycles, rather than episodes in a series. If I couldn't convince someone to start at the beginning, I would direct them to these two. One could dislike The Dark Tower overall and still be drawn in by these two fables.

How old are you?
    45, but time is slipping here.

Where are you from?
    I was born in Honolulu, but I'll lay my guns in the ground of Fort Lauderdale Florida, if it do you fine.

do you have a nickname?
    I actually heard someone say in reference to me "go ask The Five, he'll know where it is", but call me jonny, I beg.

Traveler Jonny Five is on a distinguished road Jonny Five's Avatar

Default Sheb the piano player

Sheb. http://youtu.be/dIivJwz5jL8 Start at 3:45, if it do ya fine.

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to TDT.org, Jonny! Well met!
    If you are going through hell - keep going

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Traveler Black Foot Yankee is on a distinguished road Black Foot Yankee's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Hello Everyone!

Hmm. I can't recall. Sorry. I know I discovered DT long ago.

If I am forced to pick just one it would have to be Roland. I love them all really.

The Drawing Of The Three

How old are you?

46 (elderly)

Where are you from?

Miami, Florida

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome! Please have a Cafe Con Leche' for me.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Black Foot Yankee View Post
    How old are you?

46 (elderly)
    look, another Methuselah!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Black Foot Yankee, you're still a youngster to me! (I'm 67 now!)

Welcome!

John

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, My brother!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Traveler kingme is on a distinguished road kingme's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed

I picked up my first copy of DT from a gas statio/food mart/ truck stop on a stretch of highway when I was 11.

Who was your favorite character?

The Main In Black. One evil ahole.

DT IV Wizaard and Glass. It introduced me to the series.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Originally I am from Alabamq. I now reside in North Carolina.

Do you have a nickname?

You can call me D.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 291 of 430 FirstFirst ... 191 241 281 289 290 291 292 293 301 341 391 ... LastLast