Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 265 of 430 FirstFirst ... 165 215 255 263 264 265 266 267 275 315 365 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,625 of 10742

Thread: Introduce yourself

Gunslinger Apprentice stevohump will become famous soon enough stevohump's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey. My Name Is Stephen

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    To be honest I have only been reading King for about two years, but I got hooked fast. In two years I have pretty much read all his novels and most short stories. After reading "The Stand" I was going on and on, to my friend, about how much I love it. She ask me have I read he dark Tower Series. I said No and she demand that I drop everything and start immediately. I picked up "The Gunslinger", feel in love, and didn't stop till I read all 7. It was the first time that I ever felt enchanted. I was obsessed with Roland, his ka-tet, and the dark tower itself. It might sound unhealthy but while reading my life outside of Mid-World pretty much came to a halt. Haha

Who is your favorite character?
    Eddie. He was able to go from a drug addict to a great hero

What is your favorite book?
    Drawing of the Three

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Auburn, Alabama

Do you have a nickname?
    My name being Stephen and my friends being uncreative......I mostly just get called Stevo.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site.

Traveler GaOutlaw is on a distinguished road

My name is Paul.

My first Stephen King book was Bag Of Bones because it was supose to be "different then anything else he had writen". I waited to read The Dark Tower till I was about halfway through his books. It just happend to be at the same time he was releasing the last three books.

Who is your favorite charcter?
    Oy
    Wizard & Glass
    How old are you?
    Where are you from?
    Chattanooga, Tn.
    do you have a nickname?
    Quite a few, but I don't think I could say most.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by GaOutlaw View Post
    My name is Paul.

My first Stephen King book was Bag Of Bones because it was supose to be "different then anything else he had writen". I waited to read The Dark Tower till I was about halfway through his books. It just happend to be at the same time he was releasing the last three books.

Oy
    Wizard & Glass
    How old are you?
    Where are you from?
    Chattanooga, Tn.
    do you have a nickname?
    Quite a few, but I don't think I could say most.
    Welcome to the site!!! Post often and be respectful. You'll have a blast!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to all the latest newcomers:
    Wheel_of_ka
    RolandLover
    Matterly
    RyanChunn
    Stevohump
    GaOutlaw

"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them" - Mark Twain

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Welcome to all the latest newcomers:
    Wheel_of_ka
    RolandLover
    Matterly
    RyanChunn
    Stevohump
    GaOutlaw

"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them" - Mark Twain
    Sage advice!!!!!

Welcome All!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome all... and to Steveo, ROLL TIDE
    BTW lived in Auburn for 12 years.

Traveler starnes_82 is on a distinguished road starnes_82's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

hello i'm jeff. i'm not very good at introducing myself to new people but i'll give it a shot. i'm 28 years old from north carolina. i work with medical supplies and i like to draw, read comics, play guitar and bass, play games, tinker with cars and motorcycles. i've first learned about the dark tower series when marvel comics first started releasing their comics based on the novels. i've been hooked ever since. but i still have alot to learn about the series. thats one of the reasons i joined to learn more about the books. i've recently picked up the gunslinger novel and started reading it. i figured it'll be quicker to read the novels then wait once a month for marvel to release only parts of the story. anyway, i hope i haven't bored anyone to tears with my poor grammer and punctuation.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Welcome to the board, Jeff! Nice to have a new reader among us! Cool avatar, btw!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the Dark Tower - starnes_82
    I wouldn't worry too much about grammar & punctuation,
    otherwise they'd a kicked me out by now.

"A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval" - Mark Twain

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Traveler starnes_82 is on a distinguished road starnes_82's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

thanks guys, nice to meet everyone.

Traveler tyler hart 47 is on a distinguished road

supp, so new to this, i'm guessing i'm not doing this right, but i've recently discovered the dark towers, and have been completely enthralled since. I have also just read the talisman, and am very interested to hear other tower fans take on the book. It was weird, because i had just finished re-reading the towers series, when i read the talisman, and i noticed so many similarities between the two. anyone care to comment on that?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site. There are several areas to discuss Dark Tower books, and other sections to discuss any other book by King. Take a look around. I am sure you will have fun.

Traveler Oy!Oy! is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi I'm Oy!Oy! (had to duplicate to get enough letters for the name) .I havent been in here for a while, but I am now. starnes_82, I think you wrote good enough to get your thoughts across, thats most important! I goof on the grammar all the time but everyone has been so gracious and just so dog-gone NICE, that I dont feel uncomfortable any more. Hope you feel comforttable too.I think this is a great site!

Traveler jenlclay is on a distinguished road jenlclay's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I grew up hearing about the books and stories. My mom read them. I remember when Wizard and Glass came out, and asked her if I could read it, she said I was too young (at the time) because there were a lot of things that were grown up about it. Once I read the series, I understood her reasoning. Lol.

Roland. I <3 him.

All of them...why are you making me choose one?

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Hendersonville, TN

Do you have a nickname?
    Jen, Gin, Jenners, Hey you, and Clay...that is until I get married next May. xD

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Jenicaly
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Traveler Fabled is on a distinguished road Fabled's Avatar

Default Pleased to Meet You!

Hi there, my name is Michelle and I read the last Dark Tower novel 2 years ago. Since then, I've only had my dad and one friend to discuss the series with.

My dad has a large collection of King books. When I was in high school and didn't want to spend money on my growing addiction, I took over his library. I tried to read The Gunslinger then, but couldn't get into it. It wasn't until my 3rd year of college that I tried again and was totally hooked. Fortunately for me, the whole series had pretty much been released by then so I wasn't waiting around for 10 year intervals for the next like my dad was.

My favorite character.... well it's been a few years now and when I think back, the character that I remember best (apart from Roland, who is amazing) is Rhea of the Cöos. There was just something about her that always freaked me out. She was so despicable and had this-I dont know,- greasy sexuality and always repulsed me. I'm not sure why this would be a good reason to name her my favorite, but there you have it!

Well, I loved Wizard's Glass. Which was surprising to me because I'm not generally crazy about flashback novels. I like to keep the story rolling.
    But I think I would have to say The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three. I think that Eddie and Susannah's stories were told so well. This was really the book that pulled me into the series. When I finished The Gunslinger I still needed a bit of convincing. But when Roland went through that door and into Eddie's mind I was totally hooked!

How old are you?

I'm 22.

Where are you from?

Southern Ontario, Canada. It's pretty spiffy here when the humid-ex isn't sky high.

Do you have a nickname?

Not really, none have ever stuck.

Thoughts on the upcoming film adaptations:

To be honest, I'm kind of nervous about it. I haven't heard or looked up too many details on the casting or locations but I'm a bit concerned all the same. Is it fair to say that I don't want them to screw it up? When you really love a book, especially something as epic as this series, its hard to watch it get slandered on the big screen. And let's face it, most directors have generally failed in capturing the real underlining themes and feelings in Stephen King's novels.
    Also, I hope they have the budget.
    When I imagine the finished project I'm seeing something along the lines of The Lord of the Rings and Mirrormask.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

WELCOME!!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Traveler nano87 is on a distinguished road

I watched Lost on TV and then get on line to grab some infos, when I read a lot of people talking about similarities between the DT and Lost. I went to buy the Gunslinger, and then...

Eddie is, because I think he could be seen as the reader entering this strange world against his will (as in when you start to read it, there is no turning back)

I would say "Song of Susannah", but then I can't really explain why. And I think that in about five minutes, I would change my mind.

How old are you?
    I'm 23.

Where are you from?
    Clermont-Ferrand, a volcano town in the center of France.

do you have a nickname?
    Nano, of course.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

... and additional bearhugs for liking Song of Susannah, which is regrettably underappreciated

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Traveler dbrooks888 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Hello everyone, I am thrilled to find a community of people who are in to the Dark Tower. I happened on The Gunslinger while browsing in my local library branch in San Jose and since I was a Stephen King fan, decided to try one I never heard of. Fortunately I discovered this After all of them were available. I can't imagine what it was like for folks who had to wait years for the sequels.

A few months back I was looking for a theme to use for a progressive rock Concept album, think Alan Parsons "Tales of Mystery and Imagination", and I realized the Dark Tower provides a very rich mythology to pull from. I have the lyrics for 10 songs at this point and music for 5. I just posted a video for the first song "The Gunslinger" on You Tube. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4in81aoF5to ) I'm finishing up the second song "Drawing of the Three" and should post something in a week or two. (It's tough working full time and still find time for your passion.) I haven't decided whether I will record "Riding the Waves", a song about the Lobstrosities told from their POV, or "Gone Todash" which is probably the most compelling song I've got so far. All feedback good or bad is welcome.

I hope we are well met.

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

Long time King fan, finally got around to reading it.

Roland. He is honorable and strong and caring--all the best traits of a man.

Drawing Of The Three

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Roseburg, OR. It's about 200 miles south of Portland.

do you have a nickname?

Not really...

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome all
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 265 of 430 FirstFirst ... 165 215 255 263 264 265 266 267 275 315 365 ... LastLast