Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 241 of 430 FirstFirst ... 141 191 231 239 240 241 242 243 251 291 341 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,025 of 10743

Thread: Introduce yourself

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Welcome to you i am sure that you will love this site as much as we do ...come on in!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, new friends!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

WELCOME!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Traveler Did-a-chick? Dum-a-chum? is on a distinguished road Did-a-chick? Dum-a-chum?'s Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How did you discover the Dark Tower? My Mom introduced me to it back in 2000, now I'm doing a re-read =)

Who is your favorite charcter? Roland Deschain & Jake Chambers

What is your favorite book? The first: The Gunslinger (not the revised version >__<)

How old are you? Not too old, but not too young

Where are you from? Far away

Hope to see everyone around in the forum!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice to meet you, welcome to the site. I love the avatar.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Howdy

Howdy all. I've been lurking here and over at StephenKingCollector for a long time, finally got off my duff and registered. I've been reading King since I was a kid (my first book was my Mom's copy of The Dead Zone, roundabouts 1980 I would guess) but didn't start serious collecting until recently. I'm working on a collection of Proofs/ARCs (have a whopping 17 at the moment) and I love Remarques so am doing that also. I just picked up a set of DT 2-7 proofs this weekend; I have a nice remarque of Low Men in Yellow Coats by Vincent Chong (it's technically from Stephen King Goes to the Movies); and a Little Sisters of Eluria PC of the s/l 1250 with a Whelan crimson king eye doodle above his signature. I've bid on a few of the Ned Dameron Waste Lands remarques, but no success so far (shallow pockets). So, on to the mandatory questions.

How did you discover the Dark Tower?

I bought paperback copies of DT 1 & 2 at the Stars and Stripes bookstore at Clark Air Base, Philippines in December 1989. I know this because for the past 25 years or so, every book that I've bought I've written inside where and when I bought it, signed it, and then as I read the book anything interesting that was going on I also wrote in there on those nice blank white pages at the beginning and end ... kind of like a diary, but in books. You could take them all, arrange them by date read, and know my life. Got the idea from my Grandfather (he died in 1969) after finding one of his books with his signature and notes. Before you grimace too deeply, no I don't do it with the good stuff ... only in the reading copies. Figure it'll be something cool for my kids years from now.

Who is your favorite charcter?

Don't laugh, but Bango Skank ... I picture him as some world-hopping, time-travelling tourist from before the Prim, perhaps he was one of the Great Old Ones. Maybe he was really Gan? I eagerly await the day that his character is explored.

What is your favorite book?

Any one that I don't have to wait 6 or 7 years for the next one in the series!

How old are you? 44

Where are you from?

Originally Fall River, Massachusetts but entered the Air Force at 18 and since then have lived in Mississippi, Florida, Philippines, Arizona, Italy, Alaska, Honduras, and Germany with big side trips to Panama, Colombia, Spain, Saudi Arabia, and a ton of other places in between (I think I've hit 45 states and 25countries). After all that, Massachusetts isn't really home ... hopefully it'll be Italy and/or Florida in the end.

Do you have a nickname?

I have been Jorge' (pronounced Horhay, George in spanish) for as long as I can remember. Don't have a latino bone in my body, but that's what it is and it stuck after spending so much time in the southern latitudes.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site Jorge, it is great to meet you. I think that is a cool idea about when you read books. My kids would love to have that kind of stuff when I was gone.

Not on the good ones of course.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Jorge!
    Sloth Love Chunk

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Traveler ILoveOy is on a distinguished road

Default Howdy Pardners!

Hello everyone, dont quite know how to start this, so I'll just stick with the questionaire.

Right around "The Drawing of the Three" I was working at Wal-Mart late at night... I got bored and started looking through the pathetic book section. Luckily "Wizard and Glass" was about to come out, so they re-released all the paperbacks, or Walmart just decided it would be a great time to start carrying them again. I was hooked. Can't tell you how mad I was to wait years for "The Wolves of the Calla"

Who is your favorite charcter?
    Good, sweet, loyal Oy! His tears are my tears.

The last one.... no..no... "The Drawing of the Three" I liked meeting my peeps... no..no.. "Wizard and Glass" Roland's back story rocks.

How old are you?
    Too old to be hanging out on fan sites.

Where are you from?

Good ole sunny southern CA

do you have a nickname?

Coyote, but Oy will do

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!!!

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey there Oy, great to meet you.

Have fun on the site.

Traveler DT1999 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

My dad read them all as they came out so I've always had access to them. A friend is also a big fan of the series and my brother had started it as well.

Who is your favorite character?

Roland

Hard to choose but it would have to be Wizard & Glass or The Dark Tower

How old are you?

Where are you from?

VA

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey DT. Welcome to the site. I love hearing how the story is being passed down to the next generation. I couldn't get any of my kids into it.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Traveler primroseburrows is on a distinguished road primroseburrows's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just finished The Gunslinger and am about 100 pages into The Drawing of the Three.
    Wow, welcome!. To say I envy you is a vast understatement.

Traveler DT1999 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by primroseburrows View Post
    I just finished The Gunslinger and am about 100 pages into The Drawing of the Three.
    Wow, welcome!. To say I envy you is a vast understatement.
    Me too...

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Gosh, I remember my first read of DoTT , Welcome to the site, and
    I too think thats an envyable place to be.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

WELCOME!!!!

Traveler Sandalwood79 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Default Introduce Mine Self

Hi everyone,

My name's Keaton. I ran across this site while doing routine research into The Dark Tower series, which I have once again picked up after a few years have passed upon concluding my own little quest for the tower. Ironically (ka?) I was 19 when I first began reading The Gunslinger, and it occupied a great deal of mine time way back when.

I had been re-reading The Stand, which I also had not read for some time, and found myself always thinking back on The Tower, and decided, 'oh hell, time to break into those spines again.'

Regrettably, I no longer had my old copies of The Gunslinger or Drawing of the III, so I started on Wastelands, figuring 'hell, I'll just read the other two once I get done with book VII.
    Spoiler:
    I mean, The Gunslinger is practically the next book after that (minus the Horn). Ka is a wheel, do ya kennit?',
    and as I write this, not a week after starting Wastelands, I am now 200 pages into Wizard & Glass. I'm very pleased to be back in these ever-turning levels of the Tower, and am glad I've waited at least this long to return; there's a familiarity as I read them again (like deja-vu'), but just out of memory enough to still be surprising and like-new.

So, already I've elaborated quite thickly, so I'll get to the questions

How did you discover The Dark Tower?

-Among a tight-knit circle of friends in my youth, with variant backgrounds, ages and lives there was another smaller inner-circle of compatriots who were avid fans of the book. My Dad had an ancient issue of The Gunslinger, begrudgingly forcing Roland to begin his quest anew once more, just for me.

Who is your favorite character?

-Roland, unquestioningly. I think the reasons why are self-evident But a second favorite would be Cuthbert.

-Don Quixote or The Once and Future King. I am fond of tales regarding Knights and chivalry (both imaginary, and ernest), and thus it is no surprise that I would be so fond, likewise, of The Dark Tower. I did read The Dark Tower first, however, and may owe much of my adoration to the first two books because of Mr. King. But I suppose the question is meant to be which of the DT books I like best, and I would have to say Wizard & Glass (or) The Dark Tower, although in all honesty I think Jake discovering The Rose amid the garbage in the abandoned lot in New York from Waste Lands is among one of the very best written literary passages I have ever read.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

-Born and raised in Arizona.

Well, I think I've taken up enough space. I look forward to reading some of the threads and getting to the bottom of some of my long-time questions regarding the epic in it's entirety, and making some posts from time to time.

Another thing that might be worth mentioning is that I have never been a 'member' of any web forum ever before, so (Bear) with me as all of this is quite new to me Pleasure to be here!

-ksZ

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Sandalwood, great to meet you. Very nice intro as we love to hear all kinds of stories about how people found us and The Dark Tower.

You have officially found the path of the beam. I put spoiler tags around a bit of your post that gave away the end, some people visit here on their first read.

Again, great to meet you.

Country
    Country Flag

Traveler Sandalwood79 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Matt! Good to be here

Thanks for adding the spoiler tag to my post. Is there a way I can do this myself so I don't give anything away to first-timers?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 241 of 430 FirstFirst ... 141 191 231 239 240 241 242 243 251 291 341 ... LastLast